“Brilliant!”

The Green Room Surf Shop and School
Ranked #6 of 10 Tours in Lahinch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Green room surf school was the first proper surf school in lahinch it is family run since 2001 irish surfing association approved school, running smaller classes giving great results in teaching, caters for all with Kids summer camps adult/children one off lessons groups stag hen parties welcome, let us work a surf lesson package out that suits your needs as a family or individual. We also have great prices for all types of lessons. Also we do rental of all equipment so if lessons are not your thing you can still get the gear and surf yourself hard and soft boards wetsuits etc always available from our shop. discounts for group rentals.
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Such a brilliant place for first time surfers! The owners are lovely and I really enjoyed my lesson with Jacob. Really relaxed and friendly attitude in the shop. My lesson was fantastic value, lasted 2 hrs and included full rental of everything. Can't wait to visit there again this summer :)

2  Thank Orlalaith

Reviewed 27 August 2013

For first time surfers this is the place to go. From the minute we entered the shop our kids were looked after by very friendly and helpful staff. We had 7 kids aged 8 to 17 who had never surfed before and the younger ones were a bit nervous. With the excellent guidance from Jacob each one of them learned to surf in the 2 hour lesson. Jacob was excellent at giving them tips and spent time with them when they struggled to get it right. His enthusiasm and funny personality made for a great day and unforgettable experience for all the kids. I would highly recommend this surf school, they deliver what they promise to have you actually surfing by the end of the lesson. A special thanks to Jacob for a "cracker" of a day.!!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The second I walked in they were very helpful . We talked about local breaks,surf forecast and the level of surfing we had. I have been surfing over 25 yrs they had a great board for me to use. They had everything from pro level to beginners. They were spot on they recommended to come back the next day and the swell was head high perfect. Everyone if you want to surf go to this surf shop. I have surfed all over the world and this was one of the best services I have ever had. My wife is a beginner and I am at the pro level and we both were extremely happy.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The Green Room Surf Shop and School is a top of the range full service surf school and shop. The staff in the store and the instructors are professional and friendly. Located right across from O'Looney's it couldn't be easier to get to the beach from there. We are older adults who took first time surf lessons from them and we were a bit worried about having a lesson at our age, but our instructor was so great with us and we fitted right in with the younger people in the lesson and felt very at ease. The shop caters for everyone in the family selling not only surf boards and clothing but everything from beach toys to flip flops to little gifts to take home. Well worth a visit to this well established shop. The staff are also highly trained in first aid and are well connected to the emegency services should you ever have a mishap when in the town.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

If you are going surfing in Lahinch please do not overlook this surf school. I have been a few times to different schools and in my opinion the Green room is hands down the best in Lahinch.

They especially stand out for their excellent friendly instructors, helpful and friendly staff in the shop and all round good feeling that they gave you, nothing but encouragement and help at every corner. I can not recommend them enough.

A good group of us went here for a weekend of surfing about a month ago and I really can't say a bad word about them, the level of attention and service they provided was second to none plus they were extremely friendly and price wise they are very good value for money.

We had two surfing lessons one on Saturday and the second on Sunday and Jacob was our main instructor for both. He was excellent but there were also lots of other instructors on each day helping out and if we were having any issues they would come and give us pointers on how to catch a wave. All instructors were great and I would be happy to have any of them the next time we go down. But Jacob is a legend and fantastic instructor.

I will be back down in July for some more surfing and for me the Green Room is the only way to go. If you haven't surfed before or like me just a few times and are a bit rusty try out the Green Room you will not regret it.

1  Thank eblob84