“Great hotel and staff”

Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lahinch
“Great hotel and staff”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Myself, my girlfriend and two friends from Norway just spent a two night stay here. The rooms were fantastic same with the warm amd friendly staff, especially the bar manager Denise. I would definitely come back and stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan W
ClareLGL, Deputy General Manager at Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Ryan W
Many Thanks for your kind review. I am very pleased that you & your friends enjoyed your time with us & found the staff to be warm & friendly. I have passed on your complements to Denise for which she was very grateful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Lahinch very soon.

Slan go foill
mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great friendly staff stayed for two nights lovely spacious rooms.great breakfast great selection of fruits cereals breads croissants scones and the hot food great selection and as much as you like.car park is a downside it's a track from way round the back to reception.
It's closeness to the cliffs of moher leaves the hotel an ideal base for taking in some of the sights co Clare has to offer.

Dear Vitara
Thank you for your recent review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us & have passed on all your complements to all staff. Indeed we a very lucky to be located only a 10 minute drive to the world famous Cliffs of Moher & of course the many other fabulous sights Co.Clare has to offer.
We hope that you will return to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel very soon & we would be more than happy to allocate a room nearer to reception on your request.

Many Thanks
mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having booked the hotel for my boyfriend's birthday we were off to see the Cliffs of Mother.
We arrived at the hotel after a five hour drive and wanted to get refreshed in our room. We turned on the taps in the bathroom and a splutter of hot BROWN water came spluttering out!
We phoned reception and were told that someone would come to our room. After some time a member of staff arrived and agreed that this wasn't great but thought that house keeping just hadn't run through that taps, having been closed for 6 months.
They then moved us to another room which had a hugh damp spot on the wall in front of the bed.
Not wanting to move again, we stuck with it.
Upon leaving I enquired that if you get a deal wihth this hotel are you given an inferior room. I was asked what I meant and explained the situation, they said that the second room was better than the first but honestly I couldn't agree.
To be honest the staff were lovely particularly in the gym/leisure centre, the foyer looked good but I wouldn't rate either of the two rooms that we were in. I was again told that the hotel was closed for 6 months and teasing problem were to be expected but as a paying customer that shouldn't make it a disappointing stay especially as it was booked for a birthday present.
Lahinch is lovely and worth a visit.

Room Tip: We didn't having tried two!
1 Thank Patricia H
Dear Patrica
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Firstly thank you for your complement of all our staff which I have passed on.
I was very sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn’t as pleasant as we would wish & I would like to assure you that the issues you raised have since been rectified & apologies for your unpleasant experience.
I hope that you will consider returning to stay with us this season & if you wish to contact me on the below email address, I would be more than happy to look after you personally.
I look forward to hearing from you.
mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com

Travellers are raving about these Lahinch hotels

Kildare
Reviewed 14 April 2014

On recommendation from a friend who is a local Clare man I booked the hotel on their website and got a great B&B deal with evening meal and tickets for the Cliff of Moher. It was a for a special occasion "my husbands birthday" and I had booked if for us and another couple. When we arrived the hotel gave us a free room upgrade to a 2 bed suite without even asking. It was comfort of home away from home. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was yummy and plenty of it.. my brother actually said it was nicest breakfast he had in a hotel in long time.. it really set us up for the day. We also had bar food and everything we had garlic mushrooms, fish, chicken goujons, lasagne were all lovely. The desserts are fab also. We ate in the Basmati Restaurant(Indian) on the Friday night to celebrate my husbands birthday, it's just up from the hotel and the food there was lovely. All staff in the hotel were very friendly in particular those working at reception. We would definitely recommend the hotel and it's our list to return soon we hope!!!!!

Dear kildarepondhopper

It was a pleasure to read your very kind review & I will be sure to pass on your complements to all our staff. All departments work hard each day to guarantee our guests as enjoyable a stay as possible & your reviews make it all worthwhile! I trust that you enjoyed you afternoon at the Cliffs of Moher which proves to be a great attraction for all walks of life visiting the area!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Go raibh mile maith agat
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Booked the hotel over the phone , the lovely Amanda took care of all our needs.We had family suite,2 rooms, the luxury of a hotel with the comfort of home, couch fridge , microwave, cold hot tap, sink draining board cutlery as well as hotel room double and singl
e bed and typical 4 star hotel luxuries.Perfect for families who have kids with extra dietary requirements or kids who sleep better separate room.Had dinner in hotel night prices are very reasonable. Food was gorgeous breakfast was gorgeous.Pool sauna jacuzzi gym.already planning our next trip up here.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Yvonne
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to read that “Staff went way beyond the call of duty” to make your stay an enjoyable one. Customer service is very important to us & we thank your for acknowledging this in your review. Indeed our two bedroomed suites are ideal for both families & groups of friends looking for a little space & comfort on their holidays.
I have passed on your complements to all departments & we hope to welcome you back again very soon.
IRELAND
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Hi We spent a weekend in Lahinch and stayed in this hotel. The Deluxe room was really nice with plenty of space , very comfortable Bed and very clean. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We ate in the Restaurant on one evening and although the chef doesn't really challenge themselves, the food was well presented and quality was excellent.A good hearty breakfast each morning was served with a good selection available. get there early or you may have a wait for a table. Only crib was the coffee - the quality was not good but when i asked for stronger it did come. We were a golf party and to be honest if I was not golfing in nearby Lahinch I would have picked a better quality hotel, but that said it really suited our needs.

Room Tip: This hotel is ideal for golfers with Llahinch , Doongbeg and even Ballybunnion within striking distn...
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I spend a weekend with my family and I found that this hotel has an excellent location very central and close to the beach. And also near Cliffs of Moher, very comfortable large rooms.With friendly staff

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ysenis Mariana C
ClareLGL, Deputy General Manger at Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Mariana
Many Thanks for your recent review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & got to enjoy the delights of North Clare. Lahinch & its surrounding area has many activities to offer families all year round with the option of our leisure centre for those rainy or lazy days!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Lahinch very soon.
Deputy General Manager
mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahinch
Vaughan Lodge
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,209 reviews
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis

Been to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!