“Very nice”

Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lahinch
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here with my son on a trip around The Burren. The staff were extremely friendly, efficient and helpful and our room was very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again...a wonderful base from which to tour The Burre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at Lahinch G&L resort for one night only. Arrived in the evening and when we checked into our room we discovered the toilet was broken. HOWEVER, when I told the person on reception they were more than apologetic and moved us from our double to a suite room to compensate.
We took advantage of the pool and leisure facilities also.
Ate elsewhere but staff at lahinch were very helpful when we were looking for places still serving.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank catherine s
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I really liked this place. Before I even arrived the staff had been very helpful in linking two different bookings so I didn't have to change rooms mid stay. Check in was good, parked on Site in a large car park. Room was lovely. I booked a standard twin but was told I got an upgrade. Couldn't fault it. I used the leisure area, pool was nice but small. I had it to myself. Steam room was also fine. Breakfast - this is a gripe, nice but expensive. There is a cafe on the main street 30 seconds away that does a nice full Irish cheaper. It was busy on Saturday night but no issues with noise. All staff I met over the weekend were very friendly and helpful.

As for Lahinch, I enjoyed it but the place was overrun with stag and hen do's (I was in one myself but suspect there were 6 or 7 others there)!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CorkLanger
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our stay at the Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel was probably one of the best hotel stays I've had. The location was excellent. Right around the corner from the beach and the main street.
Upon arrival we found plenty of secured parking and once we entered reception we were greeted by too very friendly ladies behind reception. The lady who checked us in was very attentive. We were ungraded, something that has never happened to me in multiple stays in hotels around the world. They upgraded us from a standard double to a two bedroom suite. It was a fantastic start to our trip. The receptionist also made conversion with us and seemed very genuine, something which I've found lacking in a lot of Irish hotel receptionists.
The suite was immaculate, clean walls, carpet and bathroom.
Check - out was quick and hassle free the next morning.
Myself and my friends were very impressed with this hotel and we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fifipied
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Not knowing the area, we settled on this hotel. We hadn't expected it to be in the centre of town when it was called a golf and leisure resort. In fact, the golf course is some distance away. The staff were very pleasant and they set us up with two rooms adjoining a common area. This was a nice feature. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. We didn't use the dining room choosing to eat in local pubs. The pub selection and food was excellent. The town boasts many very nice shops all within short walking distance. It was good value at 89 euros per room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Doug H
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Rooms were spacious . the staff were helpful. the pool was lovely. Situated at the top of the main street, you are need the shops, bars and more importantly, the beach- 2 miles of golden sand, fabulous!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtop2
ClareLGL, Deputy General Manager at Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Jtop2
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us & found the hotel to be ideally located. We are very lucky to be located only a stone’s throw from our beautiful beach & as you mentioned around the corner from all shops, restaurant & bars making Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel the easy option for you get away!
We hope to see you again very soon.
Marina Clancy
mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had a lovely stay in this hotel with friends from Hollland. Rooms are fab. Staff so helpful and friendly. There was nothing happening at night time but just a short walk to the nearest bar.
Will definately go back. the boat trip around the cliffs of Moher was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Monica
Many thanks for your recent review. I’m glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us & have passed on your complements to all the staff. With the Cliffs of Moher only a 10 minute drive from the hotel, the Cliffs Cruise is a must for all visiting the area. Perhaps next time you may get to go a little further afield to the Aran Islands!
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon
Kind Regards
Marina Clancy
mclancy@lahinchgolfhotel.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahinch
Atlantic Hotel
#1 of 4 in Spanish Point
Hotel Doolin
Hotel Doolin
#1 of 4 in Doolin

Been to Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel? Share your experiences!