“Very happy with our spa break - July 2012” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Falls Hotel & Spa

Falls Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Portarlington, Laois, Ireland
“Very happy with our spa break - July 2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Myself and the fiancée stayed here a few weeks ago for 3 nights sat - tues and really enjoyed our stay.

Only negative was we were staying on the same level as reception and there was a wedding on the sat night so didn't have a great sleep the first night. The staff (especially Omar) were very nice and moved us to a lovely quiet room for the remainder of our stay.

We used the spa and both had massages which was lovely, the pool was nice and the jacuzzi was relaxing.

We had breakfast each morning which was fine and had an evening meal in the restaurant which was really nice, the view over looking the falls is stunning. We didn't get to try the on premises Thai restaurant as it was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays which was disappointing when we found out. Would recommend reception staff tell customers this on check in.

In summary, the hotel was lovely, food in the bar and restaurant was really good and staff were nice and very helpful.

Not much to do in Ennistymon itself but its quaint little town and its only a short drive to Lahinch, Liscannor, Milton Malbay and Spanish point. I would definitely recommend a visit to Unglerts bakery on main street, food was so fresh and full of taste.

Room Tip: End of the building and not on the same floor as reception.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the treatments that you received in our River Spa.
I’m sorry that you had to move rooms after the first night. It’s great to hear that you found all the staff nice as we pride ourselves on being a warm and friendly hotel.
I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and we appreciate you posting your review.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Villierstown, Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We arrived on Monday 27/8/2012 had a super time. The staff where friendly, very accommodating. The food in all areas was fantastic and as for the rack of lamb I got monday evening for dinner it was fantastic. the pool,gym,sauna, steam room, hot tub and Jacuzzi where fantastic. As for the spa it was pure heaven. Will defentiley be recommending this to my fiends and family. Just one little problem when we where returning back from the village tuesday evening my sister twisted her ankle and fell into the only pothole in the place as a result cut her knee and because badly swollen(Its after the third speed ram on way in just before the fourth you should get this seem to) we returned to the hotel and thomas was working and very helpful got her a towel and ice this was really appirecated and even thou he had to go to laundry area for the towel there was no problem. We were very impressed by him. You have a faboulus hotel and WE will be Back. thank you all who made our stay enjoyable and looking forward to head back again next year to see u all. Final note love the fact ure a family friendly hotel in relation to children

Room Tip: 310 was our room number was looking over river very peaceful and quite
1 Thank Regina O
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member, thank you for posting your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our food, facilities and staff. I’m sorry to hear that your sister took a tumble on the drive way and I’m pleased that she didn’t do any serious damage.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future and thank you for the lovely feedback from your stay.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

The Falls is in a spectacular setting and is ideally located to get to many of the attractions that Clare has to offer. We ate in the hotel most nights and I have to be honest we never had a bad meal. The Thai restaurant was excellent and the food served in the Bar was of a very high quality. The staff were always helpful and the leisure centre was great fun for the kids and they had a ball. I have read some of the reviews on here and yes there are areas of the hotel that need a little TLC but I understand that this is an ongoing project for the hotel and should not detract from what is a lovely hotel in great surroundings. Would not hesitate on going back again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting your lovely review after your stay with us this summer. I’m delighted that you enjoyed the food and the location and that the kids had a ball. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon.
Cahersiveen, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I visited this hotel for three nights with my 2 children (9&12).

I was amazed on arrival at the setting of this hotel, it has an amazing location next to the waterfall in Enistymon. It is within walking distance of the town also, well worth a walk beside the river into town.

The entrance and reception area was very welcoming and spacious.

The room was very spacious and very comfortable. We had a triple room on the 3rd floor which was facing the car park and had no issues with noise at all.

We ate in the restaurant on the 1st night, 1 dinner was included in our package. 2 of us had the half of duckling and was pleasantly surprised at the fact is was boneless. All 3 courses were delicious. The menu had a good choice but there was no price on the menu so I do not know how much it would cost if was not included in the package.

Breakfast had a hot and cold buffet and a a good varied choice.

We also ate in the bar one evening, which was also very tasty with good portion sizes at reasonable prices.

There is a carvery buffet at lunch times in the bar, we had vegetable soup the day we arrived which was very good.

We used the pool every day, which is clean and well looked after. I also used the gym which is very well equipped.

All the staff were very helpful, friendly and welcoming.

I would love to visit this hotel again. We really enjoyed our stay and it was excellent value through Supervalu get away breaks.

Room Tip: Had a room on 3rd floor overlooking car park, had no noise issues. I'm assuming the other side o...
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for posting the lovely review following your stay with us this summer. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the food at all stages throughout your stay. The cost of the set dinner menu that was included in your package is €35.00 per head, I’m glad you enjoyed the duck. It’s great to hear that you appreciated the space we have in the hotel and the bedrooms and that you were impressed with our staff.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
navan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Fantastic 2 days spent in the Falls with my family, great location, great hotel, very resonably priced, staff are great, Facilities are fantastic, Its the second time I have stayed there in 3 years and I would recommend this hotel to everybody, it gets better all the time, do not be put off by the 3 stars, for me it beats most 5 start hotels in the country. Well done to all the staff and management, we will be back.

Room Tip: There are some parts to the hotel that have not been updated but if you can stay on either the 5th o...
2 Thank Corrie68
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting the lovely review following your second stay with us. It’s great to hear such positive feedback and how much you enjoy every aspect of the hotel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards
Limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Arrived with two children who loved being in the pool, but could not get over the signs in the leisure centre that there is no full time life guard on duty, i really thought that day was gone for safety.
Food nice, and most staff were friendly, not over friendly hotel.
Food is really lovely in the Thai river restaurant.

Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting your review and I’m glad you enjoyed the food in our Thai restaurant during your stay.
I’d just like to clarify the situation with our swimming pool. All our leisure centre staff are qualified life guards and first aid trained but on any given day during the summer in particular, there may be in excess of 30 people in the pool and for that reason it is fundamental that parents supervise their children while in the swimming pool. I hope this clears up the matter for you and that you will visit us again with your family in the future.

Europe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

My third time staying at this hotel. I feel its about time to bring some things to the attention of the management.

The rooms are straight out of the 1980's. Horrible patterned duvets and curtains, musty smell, horrible furniture and decor. Seperate Taps!!!!! in the bathroom, roasting hot or freezing cold. Nice. Dirty stained red carpet. Room 106 to be precise.

The pool and other leisure facilities were absolutely excellent. It was hard to believe we were in the same hotel as the rooms to be honest. The only niggly thing here is the outside jacuzzi hot tub was not hot.

The food was good, not excellent but nice, friendly service too.

Possibly the worst thing for me was not to be recognised as a returning guest, now i'm not looking for an upgraded room (like many other hotels do) even a subtle 'welcome back' would be nice. On checking out I asked about this and they said I should mention it when booking!!!

I will not be returning here unfortunately, far too many hotels of much higher quality are filling my email inbox and sending sms to tempt me back with good offers. This hotel does none of this. Very poor marketing and management. The only thing I will miss is the pool and you can pay in here anyway.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if any rooms here are of a nice decor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rory K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!