1,172 results
All reviewsleisure centrelovely hoteloutdoor hot tuboverlooking the riversteam roomcascades restaurantbar foodrelaxation roombit datedco clarewedding receptionboth nightsbreakfast and dinnernight breakchanging roomsenjoyable staylast weekend
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is our second visit to the Falls Hotel, the first time was three years ago for a wedding. This time We were using a pigsback discount voucher, so I thought we might not be allocated a great room.
However, we were pleasantly surprised and had a lovely large room with a really comfortable bed and good size bathroom. We didn't eat in the restaurant but there was a good choice of dining options, from bar food to Cascades restaurant to a Thai restaurant(also in the hotel),
The breakfast was pretty average, but the service was extremely helpful and friendly.
The location of the hotel is stunning overlooking the cascades on the river and there are some beautiful grounds and walks along by the river(and even some donkeys which are a great hit with younger children).
Overall we had a really enjoyable break and will be return to the Falls in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the Cascades, which are really beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bannergirl
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
When we see a customer of ours saying that they will return again we know we have done something right! We don't do many pigsback offers but when we do we certainly treat our guests the same as we would with any other package or deal.
The accommodation, the food and the service have all been highlighted for praise.
Also you have chosen the location and surroundings for extra praise.
As in the case of many families who came and stay with us our family of donkeys were the biggest hit of all.
We hope that your return visit is being planned already.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I and 41 members of our walking group stayed in The Falls Hotel for a weekend recently and were very impressed with this hotel and spa. The location in Co Clare is an excellent base to tour the highlights of Clare. The hotel itself is well run and the staff were very helpful and friendly,the spa, leisure centre and outdoor hot-tub was most welcome after 26km walk around the Burren. We all had dinner there together on the Saturday night and despite the fact they had a wedding and another group it was extremely well catered for. One little thing the counter in the bar area is quite small and on both nights we were there it was difficult (but not impossible) to get served.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
FallsHotelSpa, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We love having groups like you! 42 walkers who all walked out of our hotel with smiles on their faces. I am so pleased that you all had such a wonderful stay with us in North Clare and I hope a planned return to the Burren region is well underway. The spa and leisure facilities were a big hit with the group and who could blame you seeking some relaxation after all the walking you did.
It's great to hear also that you felt well looked after and despite a few other groups in house including a wedding you still received 5 star service. Hope to see you all again soon.

Sales and Marketing manager

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night break, our first visit here and were quite dissapointed,a very unfriendly atmosphere from reception to the restaurants, it seemed as if no one enjoyed their job!!we have never enjoyed buffet breakfasts and this was what was on offer here.
We ate in the bar on our second night and had a problem with our bottle of white wine, it was not chilled,I sent it back and the staff could not find a chilled bottle but the bar maid eventually brought a bottle to our table in a cooler, when I went to pour it I saw that it was a sauternes and I had ordered a sauvignon blanc so back it went again, I did get a chilled bottle eventually but all in all a very dissapointing break, thankgoodness we had lovely weather or it would have been a complete disaster!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martha973

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review as all of our guest feedback is greatly appreciated. I am surprised to see that you felt our staff were unfriendly as usually we are complimented for our staff and this can be seen in most of the other reviews.
I spoke with the bar team in relation to your incident with the wine. Unfortunately the first bottle was not chilled to an adequate level but a quick solution was found and you accepted this at the time and had no issue and in fact you were given the first bottle to keep also.
I am happy you enjoyed the heat wave and I really hope that a return visit could be on the cards again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a family celebration in the Falls hotel recently where a large group of us decamped to the Falls for the weekend , it was my first time at this hotel and I must say i was very impressed , we had a superb meal in the hotel restaurant , the bedrooms were of top quality and the staff friendly and responsive to all our requiremnts . we made use of the Pool , Gym and Spa rooms which were also top class . A great location to see what West Clare had to offer as a base .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I am delighted to see that you chose the Falls Hotel & Spa as the setting for your family celebration. First impressions are always important and I am delighted to see that yours were so positive. You have highlighted every department in our hotel for praise and therefore we have fulfilled our primary task of keeping our customers happy!
I hope this is the first of many visits.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Such a lovely stay in the falls hotel!! I would definitely look forwards to going back the views are outstanding. We had a lovely big room enjoyed lovely fish for dinner looking out over the river and the staff were great. Lots of children were around at this time of the summer but it was not a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We love to hear guests saying that they can't wait to come back and visit us again at the Falls Hotel & Spa. It's terrific you had such a lovely stay with us. You're not the first person to be blown away by our setting and surrounding views and hopefully will not be the last!
We are very family friendly particularly in the Summer but as you convey no matter how many kids are around we do not let the quality of other guests' stay be affected.
We are looking forward to having you back too!