“Going over 20yrs”

Killegar Stables Riding School
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Enniskerry
More attraction details
Owner description: Killegar stables is one of Ireland best established riding schools, situated on the Dublin /Wicklow boarder, just above the postcard village of Enniskerry.Offering horse riding lessons, trekking and livery services with a personal touch. We are just 5 minutes from the center of Enniskerry Village, The Powerscourt Estate & Ritz Carlton Hotel.We cater for all age groups and standards. Private tuition available.We take pride in maintaining a warm, friendly atmosphere for all clients.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Going over 20yrs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Okay I am biased, I started riding here as a kid. I tend to go back when friends want to come riding with me, for the great happy horses and of course the wonderful Joe. they accomadate the ride to your riding levels, and have great jumps in the back fields with the loose horses. Heart in mouth sometimes as the free horses join the jumps with you but its the most amazing feeling.
You would be hard pressed not to have a good time here....

Visited August 2014
1 Thank zozzles b

Bray, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Every time spend in Killegar Stable is worh it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Every time when I am there I feel happy and I'm glad of horse riding whether it rains or not. Lovely horses, great people, beautiful views. I sincerely recommend Killegar Stable!

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great time in Killegar Stables!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My friend and I had really good time with guys in Killegar Stables. Really nice people working there, and they look after you, and make you feel very comfortable even if you aren't very experienced. No one is rushing you either. Horses are very pleasant and well behaved. Trek is the best way to see the scenery, but we will definitely come back to do few lessons too. Well worth it and views are to die for. If you are in Wicklow you can't miss it! Highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good Fun and Fantastic Views of Dublin Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I Love Killegar, staff are friendly and welcoming, horses are well used to working with those of us who are not quite so skilled!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Margaret K
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My daughter happened to be turning 5 while we were visiting Ireland from the United States and as luck would have it, we were due to visit Enniskerry a day before her birthday. I started looking around to see what the area had to offer and I was so excited to find a stable, my daughter is a horse fanatic like most 5 year old girls! I communicated entirely by email with the manager Tim -he was very responsive and quick to answer any questions I had and I ended up booking a 30 minute lead rein lesson. What a great day for her! We got there about an hour early just as the staff was about to break for lunch so they let us hang around in the yard and visit with the ponies. One girl named Tania came out and was talking with us for a bit-she was very sweet and ended up being the guide for my daughters pony ride. She's the only one who's name I remember unfortunately but everyone we spoke with was very kind and accommodating. When the lesson started, they led the pony Pepper to the yard where they saddled him-they had my daughter take an active part in the process so she was very proud of herself for doing it " all by myself". ; ) The lesson itself consisted mainly of my daughter walking around the yard and around the barn-there was a beginners group lesson taking place so she would alternate between that and going around the yard on her pony which was perfectly fun for her-she had a big smile on her face most of the time. Towards the end of the lesson another staff member suggested a bit of a walk along the road outside the yard so she took her about 10 minutes down the road which was a total bonus! I'm so thrilled to have happened upon this place-everyone there is so kind and really did a wonderful job of making an(almost) 5 year old feel important and proud of herself. As we were leaving, my daughter said "I want to stay here forever" and has said almost every day that we've been back home that she wants to go back to Ireland and ride Pepper. I think she had a good time then!

Visited March 2014