“I met my match at Powerscourt!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Powerscourt Golf Club

Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Enniskerry
More attraction details
Owner description: Powerscourt Golf Club is located in the rolling Wicklow hills, just 25 minutes from Dublin City Centre. The Estate is renowned for its magnificent gardens and the highest waterfall in Ireland and is home to the Championship East and West golf courses. The West Course was designed by David Mclay Kidd and the East Course by Walker Cup Captain Peter McEvoy. Both courses are currently rated among Ireland's top 20 parkland courses and are a must for the discerning golfer's calendar. The East Course has hosted the 1998 Irish PGA and the 2001 Irish Seniors Open.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I met my match at Powerscourt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My dad and I played Powerscourt East on August 12, 2014. We were thoroughly impressed with the layout and the immaculate condition of the course. The greens are some of the most challenging either of us have played...and we've played a lot. You really need to be on your game to score well here, as the rough is tough to play from, there are many bunkers and there are no gimme's on the greens. Neither of us played our best, but we liked the place so much we went back for a second round two days later...with much better results...though I'm still not satisfied. :)

The clubhouse and practice facilities at Powerscourt are really nice. There's a putting and chipping area and it was only 4 Euro for a small bucket of balls for the driving range. The staff in the pro shop were really friendly and helpful. We even got a bit of a discount on the cart the second time we came back.

Overall, we had an awesome experience at Powerscourt. I would recommend it to anyone and I will be back for more on my next visit to Ireland!

Visited August 2014
PowerscourtGolfClub, Public Relations Manager at Powerscourt Golf Club, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Ash,
It’s sure a pleasure to read your wonderful review of Powerscourt Golf Club. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the greens and views and that you went back to play a second round.
We really appreciate you recommending Powerscourt and look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit to Ireland!
Marketing Manager, Powerscourt Golf Club

Dublin, Ireland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lovely Course - Great Condition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Played Powerscourt East Course on Sunday 27th July.

The Gounds are very well signposted from the N11 to the grounds. The drive in is quite nice with some very Scenic views.

Had Breakfast in the golf club which was quite tasty. I did not expect much after reading some reviews but it was very nice.

The course was in Superb condition. There are brilliant facitilies to warm up including pitching area, putting green and driving range (€4 for maybe 30 balls). The Tee boxes are in great condition.

The fairways could maybe use more distance markers on the course but there are 100/150/200 metre ones embedded in the middle of the fairway.

The greens are super. Ridiculously quick, and apart from a wet patch on the first, they were 9/10 all the way around.

The bunkers are some of the best maintained bunkers ive seen in years, and there are alot which makes it a bigger feat.

All in all, some great views, a tough challenging course and a nice clubhouse.

Dear Damien,
It’s sure a pleasure to read your wonderful review of Powerscourt Golf Club. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed playing our courses here. The scenery is totally unique and unspoilt and courses are always in excellent condition. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at Powerscourt; we generally get excellent feedback about the quality and choice on offer. Thanks again for taking the time to review Powerscourt.
Marketing Manager, Powerscourt Golf Club
Cedar Park, Texas
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great Views and good course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

You cannot beat the views here from the West course. Wow. Historic, classic and beautiful grounds and estates. We loved it during a very nice and sunny day in July. West Course is the hardest and hilly. According to a very friendly member on the range the East course is preferred by the members because it is easier to walk. Either course has very nasty rough so stay on the fairways. If you hit it in the long grass consider it gone forever. We had a great time and being that it doesn't get dark until 10:30pm at this time of year we actually got in a round of golf after work. That is simply outstanding!! :-)

Visited July 2014
PowerscourtGolfClub, Public Relations Manager at Powerscourt Golf Club, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Good afternoon from Powerscourt,
I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed playing at Powerscourt Golf Club. The setting within the 1,000 acre estate is entirely unique and the views during play are simply breath-taking. It’s great that you got to meet one of our members and have a chat with them. These summer evenings are fantastic as we can do so much more with our days! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and please do help us spread the word about Powerscourt Golf Club.
Kind regards,
Marketing & Communications Manager
Dublin, Ireland
“Great golf,but if you are on a diet include the food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I went with a group of people to play golf one day in June 2014. The course was fabulous and all about the golf was great. However I paid €60 for golf and a 2 couse meal afterwards. The golf cost €45 so the meal set me back €15 which seems quiet reasonable. What we got was a disgrace to put it mildly. 4 of us sat at a round small table and the main course was bacon and cabbage. Well on the plate was plenty of cabbage with 2 slices of the fattiest bacon and parsley sauce. One plate of mashed potato was delivered to our table between the four of us. When the fat was cut off, it was a case of spot the meat. So now I had loads of cabbage, the middle of 2 back rashers and a spoonful of mash. I mustn't forget the sauce. No chips, nothing. After we had eaten this enormous mouthful, we asked for dessert but was told that was not part of the deal as neither was tea or coffee. €15 what a rip off. After a lot of complaining from other people as well as us we got tea and coffee with a plate of biscuits (yeh right). It would have cost them nothing for a plate of only marietta biscuits.If you are going to play golf here, then play as the course is wonderful and picturesque but don't buy food as the fare is anything but fair.

Visited June 2014
PowerscourtGolfClub, Public Relations Manager at Powerscourt Golf Club, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Willie,

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback of your experience at Powerscourt Golf Club. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the golf and will pass on your compliments to our green keepers. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy dining at our clubhouse. While feedback of the food at Powerscourt Golf Club is generally very positive, I fully understand that was not your experience. We have looked into your booking and are aware that you were part of a group of 40 people. The group organiser for your outing had booked golf and a one course meal package with us. From speaking with the Food & Beverage Manager, I understand that when we received your compliant you received a dessert and latte with our compliments. Willie, I apologise on behalf of Powerscourt Golf Club that you were unhappy with your experience here and we hope we will see you again in the future for golf at Powerscourt which you enjoyed.

Marketing & Communications Manager, Powerscourt Golf Club
Beirut, Lebanon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“great location, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

the restaurants oversees the golf course and it has very friendly staff. I wasnt impressed by the food although it looked fresh and well presented by lacked a lot of taste.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wadih A
Good afternoon from Powerscourt Golf Club,
I am delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful location and found our staff to be very friendly. I will be sure to pass on your compliment! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food in our clubhouse which us usually very well received. We hope to welcome you to Powerscourt in the very near future.
Kind regards,