This really is a lovely hotel set in a beautiful location. The hotel lobby area, drawing room and dining areas are quite charming, The bedroom (located in the main house) was of a standard quality, clean and nicely decorated.
The afternoon tea was delightful. The dinner menu did not live up to it's expectations, as the starter ingredients were of poor quality and the dessert (banoffee) was inedible. However the main course was very good. The choice of breakfast was excellent.
The staff on duty during the day were all very friendly and helpful, but the staff working during the evening (including the duty manager) were ALL very glum and they huffed and puffed walking around the building in front of guests It was entertaining to watch. A simple smile goes a long way.
The Spa facitities and the staff were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summerhill House Hotel, Enniskerry offers a warm and friendly welcome it is an ideal base for activity, surrounded by beauty, the hotel offers a charming mix of old and new. Lots of local activities and attractions in this fantastic location including Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall and so easily accessible to Dublin city centre. Rainforest Day Spa on site. Great Spa packages available. Free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK and Evoline ltd so you can book your Summerhill House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerhill Hotel Enniskerry
- Summerhill House Hotel Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow