“No sleep”

Summerhill House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
“No sleep”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

On arriving thought the hotel looked lovely, however the meal we had was disappointing and then we were treated to a group of all singing clapping guests well past midnight. It is currently 2.30am and guests in the reception are still singing and laughing and shouting. The front desk was vacant past 11pm despite promises of 24hour service -we tried calling several times to complain about the noise to no avail. We were not advised when checking in that there was a large party of people and this is definitely not a hotel that I would recommend or come to again. We were looking forward to a relaxing night and a good nights sleep I brought my partner for his birthday- very disappointing,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AidanC_SH, Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Jessica,
Thank you for your honest feedback.

Our apologies that we did not manage the level of noise accordingly coming from the restaurant. Any group staying should not have impacted on another guests stay.

Your feedback regarding our food will not go without action and yes your call should have been answered by the night manager when you call in the early hours.

We will share your feedback to minimise similar occurrence's once again.

Aidan Cotter
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Enjoyed our night here, place is lovely, right beside powerscourt estate and 10min walk to enniskerry. The staff were helpful and nice, no complaints. They were also kind enough to ring the week before our stay to let us know that the restaurant was booking up if we wanted to book dinner there

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louise52013
Stroke City NI
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here recently and for the first time. I have known this hotel down through the years as a wedding venue in the pretty town of Enniskerry. On this occasion, I was invited to a party locally and decided to avail of a room. My first impression was of the nice and welcoming vestibule and lobby area - typical of a small country house hotel.
The price point is perfect, the bedroom tired, though well-heated and spotless. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi with no silly codes or hidden charges: the fancy 4* and 5* hotels in Ireland cannot seem to figure this simple and satisfying customer privilege out.
The bedding was comfortable and the sheets/duvet were crisp/fresh.
The bedroom itself had seen better days with worn furniture and light fixtures and the old tube TV in the room. Though a little jaded in the furnishings, things were spotless. Concrete walls ensure a quiet night's sleep too.
In the morning, as I read the paper after a nice fresh breakfast with a grand selection of bread/fruit and hot Irish, the staff had the fire in the lobby lighted and it created a lovely atmosphere. I could have sat there all day. The main modernization is in the front of house/reception areas, but I give the hotel a thumbs-up for a job well done and would stay again.

Room Tip: Away from the reception-room/ballroom things are quieter and the floors and walls are all concrete.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here for a wedding in September 2013 and it was a disaster, rude staff, dirty rooms, bride abused when she arrived as there was no room ready for her and she foolishly asked the receptionist for assistance......,meanwhile no wedding planner to fix table errors as he was busy showing another couple to hotel for their wedding. Genuinely awful experience. The hotel staff ignored people trying to check in, gave them dirty rooms and worst of all managed to lose the brides bag!!!! I've stayed in a lot of places and seen a lot of things but I've never seen a hotel treat a bride with such disrespect. Never mind the smelly rooms that they didn't bother to clean properly as apparently it was busy as they had a wedding the day before.....

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel or else stay in the bridal suite, when the bride was eventually allowed in it...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DindyDoodle
AidanC_SH, Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear DindyDoodle,

I would be grateful if you can contact me at manager@summerhillhousehotel.com, in relation to the feedback in your review.

Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Enniskerry hotels

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just back from attending a wedding in Summerhill house hotel and I must say I found the whole experience just wonderful from the staff that greeted us at the door to the serving of the meal to our stay in the courtyard room everything was just prefect the room was very clean and spacious a good choice at breakfast and the staff very pleasant having read previous reviews I was a bit undecided about staying in the hotel but I am glad I did as I found the hotel a brilliant place to stay I hope to repeat my experience again soon

Room Tip: Don't relied on the bad reviews go and experience the hotel you may be pleasantly surprise
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just back from one night stay with spa. Lovely Hotel. Room very spacious and spotless.
Staff very pleasant couldn't do enough for us. Dinner was lovely. Enjoyed the Spa and Hotel so much would love to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ladydell
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Hi, my pregnant partner and I stayed here for a wedding. The bed is bowed in the middle. We both only got about 2 hours sleep. The most uncomfortable bed I ever experienced,
There was a spotlight/courtyard light right outside the bedroom window, this lit the room up like day-time..!
The toilet was loose on the wall. Anytime it was used you were afraid it would come off the wall. Overall decor of the room was incredibly poor.
The bar/reception and ballroom was lovely, all kept very clean..
The staff were excellent and friendly.
I refused to pay for my room and this was accepted with no issue. Issues were handled very professionally by receptionist and manager.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Nigelkilduff,

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies to the deficiencies in your room and the toilet has since been repaired and the security light positioned outside the bedroom window been adjusted.

I'm glad to see, how the staff managed with your feedback once raised.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Glenview Hotel
Esplanade Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bray
The Martello Hotel
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Summerhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!