Arrived at this hotel for valentines night looking for a relaxing evening and stay. We instantly thought it was lovely on the outside. When we got inside there was a wedding which was playing very loud music in the bar. Took ages to actually find the reception area..no signs to direct you. Waited 5 mins before anyone came to the desk. Told we were being upgraded to a room in the house as we had booked a courtroom. Delighted to hear we were upgraded, we made our way to our room and Opened the door and thought I had stepped back in time. I understand the hotel likes to keep in time with the house but this took the biscuit. 2 dirty armchairs,a tv with a huge back on it with little or no channels, 2 pictures on the wall, one with a huge hole in it, broken lamp, dark teak bedside lockers, and as for the bathroom. I decided to have a bath and the water was brown. We contemplated on leaving as soon as we got there. Couldn't relax in the room so decided to go to the next town for dinner. Came back to the bar, dead... Hard leather chairs, you just couldn't relax in it. We went to bed and got up early for breakfast which I have to say was the only positive about the hotel. Lovely fruit, smoothies and usual eggs bacon etc. We also had to look at some of the wedding party who decided to eat breakfast in their pyjamas in the restaurant. We left and checked out, raising our concerns with the receptionist who said it would be brought to a managers attention. We certainly won't be back, very very disappointing. Has the potential to be a lovely hotel. Very pricey for a dirty dated room. Don't waste your money, stay in the village instead or the ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summerhill House Hotel, Enniskerry offers a warm and friendly welcome it is an ideal base for activity, surrounded by beauty, the hotel offers a charming mix of old and new. Lots of local activities and attractions in this fantastic location including Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall and so easily accessible to Dublin city centre. Rainforest Day Spa on site. Great Spa packages available. Free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Summerhill House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerhill Hotel Enniskerry
- Summerhill House Hotel Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow