Summerhill House Hotel
  • Beachfront
US$116
US$113
  • Beachfront
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
US$202
US$181
Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa(Dun Laoghaire)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$147
US$116
US$98
  • Restaurant
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$137
Hotels.com
The Beacon(Sandyford)
US$163
US$131
All reviewsrainforest spasummer hill housewedding receptionwedding venuespa packageenniskerry villagedrawing roomresidents barpowerscourt gardenslovely locationfood was lovelyold world charmsunday morningmid weeksconesenjoyable staya lovely stay
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have just been to Summerhill house with my fiancé and parents for Sunday lunch. We had one main course with coffees after. The food was great- good portions and cooked to perfection. The waitress was very friendly and provided a great service. the hotel looked great- fires in all the main area- very cosy atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Iameasiliypleased
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for one night one a package including a massage at the spa and use of the facilities, afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast. We had a lovely stay! Any staff member we met was more than helpful, chatty and friendly. We had a particularly lovely waitress during dinner! We were really happy with the afternoon tea, and the menu selection in the restaurant for dinner.

We booked a king room - and it actually was a king-sized bed, not just two mattresses pushed together like you often get! The room was clean and very comfortable. Lovely location! We're from the area so didn't explore from the hotel, but there are lots of beautiful walks nearby and the village of Enniskerry is lovely. Not too far from Dublin city too if you fancied a break from the countryside!

Room Tip: The king room was very spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily F
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay! Did the mother and daughter package with an extra nights stay was excellent value. The spa is lovely and the view from the hot tub is spectacular. Only reason I didn't give full marks was that on the 2nd night the fire alarms went off all through the night and not much was done to apologise or let us know what was happening. But will certainly visit again! :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my partner as part of the vintage spa deal. I am 28 weeks pregnant and my partner rang ahead to ensure I could still avail of even some of the spa. When we arrived the receptionist was very friendly . We went for our afternoon tea which wasn't great and went to the spa. I was given a pregnancy massage which left me with bad sciatica afterwards for two days and was then told I could not do anything else in the spa so we had to leave After been reassured weeks before I wouldn't miss out. Dinner wise the staff couldn't be more helpful and kind but the food wasn't great with a very poor selection available on the menu. Our bedroom was comfortable but dated and the bathroom dirty . We went for breakfast in the morning which was very tasty however the minute we put our forks down we were asked to leave by the waitress as they where under pressure for space. This was really annoying as we wanted to have something else but she rushed us out saying we could have our tea at the reception outside . We found this very unprofessional and quite irritating.Overall we were very disappointed with summerhill house and will not be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harvey12345678
AidanC_SH, Manager at Summerhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Harvey12345678,

We will review our offering of our dinner menu, as its a fine balance of offering value with the correct price point and not adding supplements to many menu items.
Our apologies regarding your dirty bathroom, this should not have been the case as its a basic standard.

We normally receive very good feedback for our breakfast at the desk, however not on your occasion. I will share your experience with the restaurant team as we don't wish to make our guests feel rushed and uncomfortable during breakfast.

As the Spa is run independently, your feedback will also shared back.

Regards
Aidan Cotter
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here for a wedding which was really 1st class. But that is where it ends. Our room was awful. Carpet was dirty and bathroom flithy. The room was over heated even with all three windows open. When I went to turn the radiator off I found that both thermostats where actually broken and just placed back on. Rang reception 3 times before a porter answered. He was not much help anyway after fiddling around with what I believe to be a pliers he turned the mains heating off from out side. It was back on when we woke completely stuffy the next morning. Breakfast (room service)was stone cold,although others had said the buffet was fine. To top it all off we have been constantly harresed by the staff about the room being unpaid to which my partner insists he paid upon checking in. I have stayed here for the past four years for pamper packages but unfortunately will not be returning in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014