“Fantastic Wedding Venue or Country Break”

Summerhill House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just back from being Best Man at my brother’s wedding at the Summerhill House Hotel.

I can really recommend the hotel for a number of reasons…

- Lovely country location just outside the small village of Enniskerry yet easy to reach from Dublin airport and Dublin/Dún Laoghaire ferry ports. Great views of the Wicklow Mountains and the sea.

- The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the level of service was excellent.

- Finally, the food which was excellent. Tasty, good choice, good size portions, excellent cooked breakfast choice, plus all the ingredients were top quality. Couldn’t fault it.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My sister had her wedding and reception at Summerhill House, just recently.

The location is lovely, nestled in the Wicklow Mountains, with a view of the sea and rolling countryside to the east. Picturesque grounds, with a separate carpark to the side of the hotel.
Our room was fine. Spacious, clean, large bed, large bathroom, with views of the grounds.

The hotel manager, Aidan, and his staff, I cannot compliment enough. The whole day went smoothly without a hitch, and I know my sister and her new husband had a terrific day. Also, from my own point of view, as one of those annoying Coeliacs, I was worried about the food and drink menu. I was completely catered for, in that the chef was able to alter the menu where necessary, and to re-assure me as to what was and wasn't safe to eat.
I was also informed that Gluten Free beer could be ordered in special, or I could bring my own, of which I did the latter.

I have no hesitation in recommending Summerhill House, and again my thanks go out to all the staff, for a great experience.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I attended a family wedding recently.we were well treated by all the staff during our two nights stay.we had dinner on the first night.the food was excellent as was the breakfast .the waitress renate was fantastic and could not do enough for us.the wedding went well again the food and service was first class.we had a room in the court yard.it was clean and spacious.yes the main hotel building is a bit dated but in all it is value for what it cost and if I was in the area I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room in the court yard was on the ground floor and there was a bit of noise from upstairs from p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here recently with my wife and daughter prior to a family wedding.

The hotel is located more or less across the road from Powerscourt which suited us perfectly. It's a very nice, clean tidy place. Reasonably priced and (for us anyway) was well located.

The one thing that I was blown away by was the staff, in particular the front desk staff. They were amazing, they did so much to to help and assist. I was preparing for a family wedding (I was the best man) and I inundated the front desk staff with requests and questions. I can only compliment them on their professionalism and their ability to fix problems (wedding related). I really can't compliment them enough.

Great job guys, and thanks again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is beautifully located, however being in the Irish countryside it is a bit out of everything. The staff were great and friendly however the front office staff are not so much !
The room was spacious, clean and nice details - we had a view of the mountains ..lovely! Overall a good place for wanting something average and for good value.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided last minute to stay here after attending a wedding there. I was able to negotiate a better deal on the room rate with the receptionist, always a plus. The wedding was very well hosted by the hotel. The staff were freindly and attentive. The food was of a very high standard, everyone at our table cleared their plates. The only drawback is that the decor could be spruced up here and there but I would recommend the Summerhill House hotel to anyone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here recently with family. We found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast buffet includes cooked breakfast items, toast, fresh fruit, yoghurts, cheeses and fruit juices. Some of the decor is a little shabby and some of the staff are not particularly proactive and attentive. The staff told us that there was a problem with wifi that would be fixed but whatever the reason we had no wifi access in the rooms for our entire stay.

With more attention and consideration from the staff this could be a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Glenview Hotel
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
The Martello Hotel

Been to Summerhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!