“wedding”

Summerhill House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
“wedding”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

i would just like to say that i had my wedding at this hotel i would like to thank all the staff for the best experience of our life the staff edel helped us from start to end and made it so special the hotel was beautiful the food was outstanding the rooms you beautiful and clean beautiful gardens for photos all in all i would recommend this hotel for any one thinking of getting married i would like to say a big thankyou to edel and staff for making our dream wedding come true karla

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quiter
1 Thank 893debbie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Celbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for one night with my wife. We were at a wedding and didn't spend much time in our room, but no complaints. The staff were friendly and courteous.Food at the wedding reception was very good.Great location for a wedding, although without a sat nav you could easily get a bit lost.A little tip, make sure you have enough cash to spare, especially if you are attending a wedding! Their are no ATM's in the Enniskerry village and they don't do cash back at the hotel.This was the only negative.Maybe the hotel could install a cash point at their premises.

common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,222 helpful votes
Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a lovely little hotel ! We just visited for afternoon tea which was really nice. The staff were friendly, our food was good- we were happy! There was a wedding on when we were there- I would say it is a lovely venue for a wedding. Everything was decorated nicely and looked well. I was impressed!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New Mills, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just back from being Best Man at my brother’s wedding at the Summerhill House Hotel.

I can really recommend the hotel for a number of reasons…

- Lovely country location just outside the small village of Enniskerry yet easy to reach from Dublin airport and Dublin/Dún Laoghaire ferry ports. Great views of the Wicklow Mountains and the sea.

- The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the level of service was excellent.

- Finally, the food which was excellent. Tasty, good choice, good size portions, excellent cooked breakfast choice, plus all the ingredients were top quality. Couldn’t fault it.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My sister had her wedding and reception at Summerhill House, just recently.

The location is lovely, nestled in the Wicklow Mountains, with a view of the sea and rolling countryside to the east. Picturesque grounds, with a separate carpark to the side of the hotel.
Our room was fine. Spacious, clean, large bed, large bathroom, with views of the grounds.

The hotel manager, Aidan, and his staff, I cannot compliment enough. The whole day went smoothly without a hitch, and I know my sister and her new husband had a terrific day. Also, from my own point of view, as one of those annoying Coeliacs, I was worried about the food and drink menu. I was completely catered for, in that the chef was able to alter the menu where necessary, and to re-assure me as to what was and wasn't safe to eat.
I was also informed that Gluten Free beer could be ordered in special, or I could bring my own, of which I did the latter.

I have no hesitation in recommending Summerhill House, and again my thanks go out to all the staff, for a great experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I attended a family wedding recently.we were well treated by all the staff during our two nights stay.we had dinner on the first night.the food was excellent as was the breakfast .the waitress renate was fantastic and could not do enough for us.the wedding went well again the food and service was first class.we had a room in the court yard.it was clean and spacious.yes the main hotel building is a bit dated but in all it is value for what it cost and if I was in the area I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room in the court yard was on the ground floor and there was a bit of noise from upstairs from p...
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here recently with my wife and daughter prior to a family wedding.

The hotel is located more or less across the road from Powerscourt which suited us perfectly. It's a very nice, clean tidy place. Reasonably priced and (for us anyway) was well located.

The one thing that I was blown away by was the staff, in particular the front desk staff. They were amazing, they did so much to to help and assist. I was preparing for a family wedding (I was the best man) and I inundated the front desk staff with requests and questions. I can only compliment them on their professionalism and their ability to fix problems (wedding related). I really can't compliment them enough.

Great job guys, and thanks again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Glenview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy
Esplanade Hotel
Esplanade Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bray

Been to Summerhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!