My wife and I have just returned from one night's B&B with dinner at the Summerhill House Hotel. Our first impressions were good, the appearance of the building set well back from the road through a mini forest indicated a very peaceful stay. However, we were somewhat disappointed to see what proved to be a large wedding and knowing Irish weddings thought "bang! there goes our night's peaceful rest". We need not have worried because the very nice receptionist assured us that the bedrooms were well away from the function room and so it proved. The bedroom was very large - it contained two full sized double beds with a smallish but very well appointed en suite. There is individually controlled heating, plenty of chairs and flat screen TV. Our room on the third floor looked out onto what we assumed to be the back of the hotel. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. We had a rest before going down to the dining room. We were glad to have booked the dinner when making the bedroom reservation because the dining room was very busy. The menu was not large (about five mains) but the meal was three courses plus tea/coffee for Eur25.00 which is very reasonable. The service was first class and we had to wait only a few minutes before the first courses arrived. We were given just enough time to digest those when the mains arrived. The food was well cooked and plenty of it. One criticism. My wife does not drink wine and it would have been nice to have had the opportunity of ordering a half-bottle or carafe rather than a glass from a fairly small list of wines. We retired to bed and had an excellent night's sleep. Breakfast was serve yourself from a fairly large selection of hot and cold - but no scrambled eggs!! Again the service was good with refills of tea/coffee as required. All in all this is a really good country house style of hotel situated in beautiful countryside. It is not far from Killruddery House & Gardens, the world famous Powerscourt - both well worth visits and the bright lights of Enniskerry are a short stroll down the road. I noted that the hotel offered the hire of bicycles for the more active. We both strongly recommend this hotel either as a stop over or for a longer holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summerhill House Hotel, Enniskerry offers a warm and friendly welcome it is an ideal base for activity, surrounded by beauty, the hotel offers a charming mix of old and new. Lots of local activities and attractions in this fantastic location including Powerscourt Gardens and Waterfall and so easily accessible to Dublin city centre. Rainforest Day Spa on site. Great Spa packages available. Free car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Summerhill House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerhill Hotel Enniskerry
- Summerhill House Hotel Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow