“very enjoyable visit to Ireland”

Powerscourt Arms Country House
Ranked #4 of 6 Enniskerry B&B and Inns
Chatham, England, United Kingdom
“very enjoyable visit to Ireland”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Clean room, fabulous dinner and lovely breakfast, the porridge is to die for and comes with cream and maple syrup, yum. Lunch is also very scrumptious with lots of choice and staff accommodate special diets ie for my two vegetarians. Staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Hotel situated in the centre of the village opposite a fabulous sweet shop.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nualabm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is very close to the Powerscourt Estate and the incredible gardens. The room was clean and comfortable, but dragging luggage upstairs and down the hallways was difficult. The staff were friendly and the pub had very good food. A nice place to stay on a daytrip from Dublin.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I attended a wedding of by best friend in The Ritz Carlton and rooms were booked for us on a lower budget by the couple in the Powerscourt Arms. We had a fab time with a beautiful meal the night before. I had my usual emergency on the morning of the wedding which necessitated a trip to Dundrum shopping centre and the owner drove me there! When we got back from the wedding we had a session to end all sessions in the bar with "mash" the barman leading the proceedings.All in all this was a fun place, great value with nice bedrooms for the price. It is bang in the middle of Enniskerry . Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I found this little gem of a hotel whilst on business in Bray. Its more like an old fashioned Inn with a modern twist. It is completely different than the regular chain hotels I normally stay in on business trips.The food is great and the personal attention makes a real difference.My room was more than adequate with a big comfortable bed.The bar is lively and the village is wonderful with lots to do and beautiful walks. I will stay again on my next visit and recommend highly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
east long meadow
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Booked into this lovely hotel whilst on vacation in Ireland. We dined in the Bistro on the first night which was fantastic and our waiter was very attentive. The quality of the food was without doubt the best on our trip .We had great 'craic' in mac's bar which is real traditional. Our room was simple, clean and cosy with a very comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and the village is really pretty.Will definitely come back and recommend to all. Mellisa Massachusetts USA.

Room Tip: rooms to the front look out over the village square
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Booked into this B&B through booking.com. It looked ok on the site and if as it read would have been good value. I'm sure the resturant was good and it had plenty of custom but I booked to stay not eat and it was very dissapointing to say the least. It was so basic it was surprissing it had a bed in the room. There was one wooden chair, no table, no tea/coffee facilities although they did say to come down and just ask. The girls were very helpfull and friendly. The TV which was small was up high which is a pet hate of mine, but it had NO channels on it so it was for decoration only unless you wanted to view snow all night. Actualy the bathroom was the best bit of the room. The booking.com site told me wifi was available all through the accomadation, unfortunataly not. I had to go down and sit in a room to do my work. At breakfast I was asked if I wanted cereal, there was a couple of choises and and when i said yes please I was told I'll have to get you a bowl and some milk then.. I'm very sure the full Irish was good but as i stay in hotels three nights a week I tend to stick to cereal and poached eggs. Maybe i'm just being picky but If your a resturant then be a good one, if your a County house B&B then be a good one!! it takes very little to make it good and comfortable. I dont want to sit in the bar all night and drink so make the room a little more comfortable to be in. Enniskerry is a beautiful Irish village but as a B&B this is not in keeping with the village. I deffinitaly wont be returning to this Country House.

Room Tip: Going by other reviews there all similar.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ColinHutch
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Lovely picturesque village but the accommodation was disappointing. We stayed in room 8 on full display when in the bathroom to all in the car park. The wardrobe door falls off when opened. Restaurant staff in the evening helpful and efficient but we interrupted same hooded texting teenager ( see earlier review) to have breakfast . No tables set up and had to request bowl and spoon to eat cereal. Plate to eat toast and a glass of orange juice. Think we were the only residents and were awoken in the early hours by a domestic dispute between staff who then proceeded to bottle up, ie throw all the empties out at around 3.00 am. We will not be going back!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bounds
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Summerhill House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Powerscourt Arms Country House? Share your experiences!