Like another reviewer we found the room extremely cold (1st due to cleaner leaving the window wide open (in January?!!) and no heating on til late (although it was put on after we requested it).The room and bed were fresh and clean and decorated in modern colours. Diappointments were that there was only 1 chair and no dressing table or suitcase stand or tea/coffee making facilities.(although we were offered this to be brought up to our room on checking in) (another star for staff)! The only electric socket in the room was on the opposite wall to the mirror which made drying my hair with a small mirror (lucky I packed it) on the only chair whilst I was on my knees wasn't easy! Bathroom was massive and very clean except for 'black mould' around the edges of the shower- off puttng!!
Plus points - the restaurant was fantastic-staff extremely friendly and helpful and the food 5 star.Lots of locals in even though it was early on a Monday evening so that in itself speaks volumes. Breakfast basic but again friendly staff. Pointed out our 'problems' to receptionist as we were checking out and she too was very helpful and even reduced the bill... can't get better service than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Powerscourt Arms is an intimate country house that has been providing quality service since 1715. The character of this building lends to the charms which make Enniskerry so special. The Powerscourt Arms Country House is the perfect base for sightseeing and exploring all that Wicklow has to offer. The Country House boasts 11 well-appointed en-suite bedrooms. Delicious home-cooked food served daily using only the best of local produce. Country breakfast, lunch & extensive evening menu with blackboard specials is served daily in the cosiness of the lounge. The Powerscourt Suite located off the lounge is the ideal venue for group and private bookings where you can enjoy our home-cooked cuisine. The Bistro, Enniskerry an intimate, elegant & relaxing venue where our menus are full of classic bistro dishes and our daily blackboard specials allow the kitchen to create a continental style cuisine. Mac's Bar, a traditional Irish bar in the heart of Enniskerry village loved by locals & visitors alike. Our pub is the perfect place to experience true village life with a great atmosphere and personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Powerscourt Arms Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Powerscourt Arms Country House Hotel Enniskerry
- Powerscourt Arms Country House Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow