“Best service ever”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I had planned to stay only one night for a friend's wedding, although I managed to break my leg in the course of the reception. As you do. My wife came over to wait for me to be discharged from hospital and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Time and again they went over and beyond the call of duty, extremely efficient, but never in a corporate hotel chain fashion. At a very stressful time, they made things a whole lot easier. And if that wasn't enough, their breakfast is excellent, the rooms are huge, the location is wonderful and the prices aren't bad at all.

I couldn't recommend highly enough and will be back as soon as I can stand unaided!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank manickennel

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here beginning of May because we were getting married in Powerscourt House.

The hotel is first class. The staff were excellent in every way. No request seemed insurmountable. For example, my watch strap broke and the concierge was able to get it repaired and fixed in 30 mins. The rooms are excellent. We had a suite with a balcony, I think it was the honeymoon suite which was excellent as were the spa facilities.

If you're thinking of a good location to stay this is a good spot. Trips to Wicklow and Glendalough are easy as are trips to Dublin and Bray, where we visited the excellent Harbour Bar. If your budget accommodates, I highly recommend a night or two here.

3  Thank NYC_Dude69
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Lovely hotel with great potential let down by poor maintenance and some not so helpful staff.
Issues I had included
• The heating in the suite did not work correctly. Having it on actually cooled the room.
• The hot water ran dirty on two nights while we where there (stayed for three nights)
• The milk for the tea was out of date by two months!
• The pool area was cold (pool itself was a nice temperature though)
• The breakfast was good, but not great
• One of the waiters at the Sugar Loaf Lounge was not at all helpful

It was not the experience that I was expecting for the money that I paid.

1  Thank Billy R
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this absolutely stunning property. We had a gorgeous suite complete with a kitchen, dining room, and living room. We also had a patio overlooking the grounds. I have never been so breath-taken, but the beauty of this place and the Irish countryside was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. We borrowed bikes from the concierge and rode through the Powerscourt grounds and ended up in the nearby town of Enniskerry where we ate and ended up at Mac's Bar and being hosted by Alex O'Niel and Mash. Go see them…they are a delight! The staff at the hotel came and picked us up in their Landrover and transported our bikes back to the hotel for us. What SERVICE!! I can't say enough great things about this hotel

Room Tip: Splurge for the suites….they are worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank J9wings
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Okay - so it's the Ritz. You expect it to be good - and it is. You expect it to be expensive... and to be fair it is a bit, but not as much as I thought it would be, and certainly not as much as I would probably have paid. The rooms, food and beverage are all a bit more than you would typically find in a hotel... but the level of quality is far higher than the increase in price. Definitely worth it. In fact... has got me thinking that I might travel less but spend more... nah, not going to happen. But I will definitely consider this level of accomodation in future as I think that the additional expense is worth it.

Rooms were fantastic (only small gripe is the touchpad controls for the lights/drapes/etc - as this was great for novelty value but a bit of a pain to operate at times), service was the best I've experienced outside 5+ star in Asia - we ate in the Ramsey and the Sugar Loaf. The pool is amazing and you really should take time to enjoy it - pack your bathers! Although if you don't (like me) they sell reasonably priced (€30) shorts if you need them.

The river walk and free cycle hire are also an added bonus. We didn't take advantage of the golf course (other than a quick jaunt on the bikes) but it looked awesome if you are a player. Would probably want to be pretty good as it didn't look like the kind of course that takes kindly to digging up the fairways and lots of yelling 'fore'.

The sort of place that you could go to as a destination on it's own and ignore the surrounding attractions as there is plenty to keep you occupied in the lap of luxury for a long weekend.

Thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend there. And a fantastic venue to hold a wedding! We attended fantastic wedding with ceremony at church down the road and reception at the Powerhouse.

Go on... treat yourself.

1  Thank roamingfellowes
Reviewed 13 May 2012

perhaps a little too far from all of the Dublin sites, but a peaceful property near waterfalls and outdoor beauty.

Room Tip: higher level room gives a better view of grounds
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at the Ritz for one evening during the May bank holiday. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Our suite was generously sized and overlooked a lovely forest. It was beautifully decorated, and every detail was well thought out.

We had our child with us and particularly appreciated the special touches such as the cot provided, relatively soundproof walls, and little bathrobe just for him! We ate in the pub onsite and also ordered dessert in the lobby (wonderful!) and felt that he was very welcome everywhere.

I should say that the hotel pub is just fabulous. If you have a vision in your head of what a little dream pub would look like, this is it. Open fire, cozy tables, great soup and a pint while watching ruggers...perfect!

We had grand plans of exploring Wicklow and the very charming village of Enniskerry, but the hotel was so fabulous, we couldn't drag ourselves out of the estate once we were inside. The grounds are great for exploring, and there are bikes and golf carts on site if you want to go farther afield. The estate is very good for walkers and runners.

We felt very welcome here and will definitely be back.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#7 of 150 in Dublin
The Marker Hotel
The Marker Hotel
#2 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!