Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Christchurch, New Zealand
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Booked this hotel as I was proposing to my girlfriend and wanted to make it a memorable occasion. Within a few days of making my reservation (which included a Deluxe Room, The Gordan Ramsay Experience and Buffet Breakfast) I was contacted by the Restaurant to choose a time for our meal. I mentioned that I would be proposing to my girlfriend earlier in the day and was there anything we could do to make the occasion extra special. Very kindly we were offered the Chef’s table which I refused on the basis that it looked more suitable to a large group. I was also offered rose petals to be placed on the table, a bottle of champagne along with a congratulations plate after desert. This was perfect!

We checked in a short while after getting engaged over lunch. Living just a short distance away we have never been into the hotel but immediately on entrance it was stunning. Going through the usual check in process the concierge enquired as to our plans for the day, I mentioned that we had just gotten engaged and would be celebrating for the rest of the afternoon, after a congratulations we were guided to our room by one of the bellboys who proceeded to show us where the Sugar Loaf lounge was located, the location of the bar, restaurant etc. He also gave us a quick tour of the room. The room itself was amazing. So large and well decorated this was already proving to have been an excellent choice for such an important day.

Suitably impressed and after making our necessary calls to family and friends we wandered down to the lounge to meet a few people for coffee. On our return to the room we were greeted by a surprise plate of five chocolates with a note from the concierge again congratulating us on our engagement. What a nice touch and we were very impressed. Taking the afternoon to relax we began getting ready for our meal at the Gordan Ramsay Restaurant. I love my food and had been looking forward to this experience since making the booking 6 weeks earlier. While getting dressed the door bell chimed, a bellboy stood before us with a little gift hamper and another card, who from this time? The restaurant manager had sent us the hamper containing 3 macaroons and a note to say how much he was looking forward to welcoming us to the restaurant that evening!

Already excited we decided to have a quick pre dinner drink in McGill’s Bar. On our arrival for dinner the Maitre D welcomed us and offered her congratulations on our engagement, something we were not tiring of on the day. Our table was by the window overlooking the gardens with a view of the Sugar Loaf in the distance. Glad I chose this table over the chef’s table as it was so intimate and with the rose petals adorning the table was extra special. Our champagne was brought shortly after and was delicious, It turned into the bottle that kept on giving during the evening meal. Fabio, the restaurant manager came to greet us once we had made our choice from the menu. We were feeling like the most important people in the hotel already and this was an added bonus.

The food was nothing short of amazing! The bread, the starters, the main courses, the desserts, the liquors – all stunning and will be hard to beat as the best dining experience either of us have experienced. The atmosphere and intimate feel was perfect. Feeling emotionally drained after the day we had to retire early for the evening.

The following morning we both woke early feeling refreshed and peck-ish for breakfast. This time in the Sugar Loaf Lounge. Taking a quick shower and look through the morning paper we made our way for the buffet breakfast. This again was ideal as we are both people who like to sample and sample we did, from full Irish breakfast, to Danish pastries, to fruit and granola we enjoyed a delicious breakfast but all the while coming to the realisation that our time in this stunning hotel was creeping closer to an end.

We will definitely return, maybe to celebrate our anniversary or to pick up a wedding brochure. It was the added touches that I had no part in planning that made this experience so special and memorable and neither of us will forget it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The quality of the hotel, the excellence of the staff and the sheer luxury of RItz Carlton Powerscourt never fail to amaze me. We have stayed here on several occasions with our small children and always feel refreshed, recharged and as though our short stay should never end.

The staff never cease to go that extra step to accommodate any request.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dallas
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay at the Powerscourt on Sunday night after the Notre Dame v Navy American Football Match. We rented a car at the airport and drove the easy drive from Dublin down to Powerscourt. The views are simply breathtaking. I agree with numerous posts on this board, the staff is excellent and everyone of them has a smile on their face. They are MORE than happy to help with even the smallest requests. I hihgly recommend working with the staff to plan a picnic and use their bicycles to ride along the wonderful pathways. The food, the amazing pool, the hot tub, were all as perfect as you'd expect from a Ritz property. The only drawback was the bed and pillows were extremely too soft in our room. Outside of that, the room was awesome!

We also walked the golf course and Powerscourt Gardens next door and encourage anyone to do the same if able. The walk was wonderful and helped burn off the terrific food from the restaurant at the hotel.

Room Tip: Anything that faces the mountains is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Beautiful view and interior. The building looks a little odd and tired from the outside. Coming from staying at some of the finest castles and estates around Ireland, it looks a little commercial in comparison. None the less, very beautiful hotel. Especially like the chandeliers. Impeccable service from all staff. Very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 September 2012

What an experience we had as day guests in the Spa. My only complaint is that I did not have enough treatments............ The staff are so attentive and could not do enough for you. A special mention for my therapist Fiona fantastic massage and so professional will defintely be back. I have been too many spas all over the country and this is defintely up with the best (as a qualified therapist myself my expectations are always high and the ESPA certainly lived up to my expectations!!! Fantastic...

Highly recommend this spa for a fantastic girlie weekend!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Forget the amazing views, the fantastic rooms and mind-blowing room technology. The staff are the business. Well recommended. I lost my glasses and I had concierge personally assist me for over 20 minutes. Fantastic service.

Room Tip: Top floor, left wing facing the fountain. Fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ThatBlokeRob
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The location of this hotel is fab! Views over the Wicklow mountains & fantastic walks in the grounds help burn off the calories from the very big breakfast. My son and I stayed in a suite so had plenty of space. The rooms are very clean, views amazing, decent size beds with plenty of pillows, great big showers and baths and decent coffee in the refreshment tray. Breakfast is in the restaurant downstairs and this was very good. Pancakes were made for my son and they were delicious. We had dinner in the Gordon Ramsey restaurant and enjoyed the food. There was a wait between courses but only what you would normally get in any good restaurant. I agree with some other reviewers in that it lacks atmosphere but that could be due to the older age of the dinners and the downstairs location. The gym and spa was great- highly recommend. The pool tiles are black and the area dimly lit so it is perfect to chill out in and the pool is big! Spa was superb - book treatments they are worth it! Highly recommend the hotel and will return soon. PS Avoca is further along in the grounds- great place for lunch/picnic snacks.

Room Tip: Suites on high floors have great views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#6 of 151 in Dublin
Glenview Hotel
Glenview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!