Booked this hotel as I was proposing to my girlfriend and wanted to make it a memorable occasion. Within a few days of making my reservation (which included a Deluxe Room, The Gordan Ramsay Experience and Buffet Breakfast) I was contacted by the Restaurant to choose a time for our meal. I mentioned that I would be proposing to my girlfriend earlier in the day and was there anything we could do to make the occasion extra special. Very kindly we were offered the Chef’s table which I refused on the basis that it looked more suitable to a large group. I was also offered rose petals to be placed on the table, a bottle of champagne along with a congratulations plate after desert. This was perfect!
We checked in a short while after getting engaged over lunch. Living just a short distance away we have never been into the hotel but immediately on entrance it was stunning. Going through the usual check in process the concierge enquired as to our plans for the day, I mentioned that we had just gotten engaged and would be celebrating for the rest of the afternoon, after a congratulations we were guided to our room by one of the bellboys who proceeded to show us where the Sugar Loaf lounge was located, the location of the bar, restaurant etc. He also gave us a quick tour of the room. The room itself was amazing. So large and well decorated this was already proving to have been an excellent choice for such an important day.
Suitably impressed and after making our necessary calls to family and friends we wandered down to the lounge to meet a few people for coffee. On our return to the room we were greeted by a surprise plate of five chocolates with a note from the concierge again congratulating us on our engagement. What a nice touch and we were very impressed. Taking the afternoon to relax we began getting ready for our meal at the Gordan Ramsay Restaurant. I love my food and had been looking forward to this experience since making the booking 6 weeks earlier. While getting dressed the door bell chimed, a bellboy stood before us with a little gift hamper and another card, who from this time? The restaurant manager had sent us the hamper containing 3 macaroons and a note to say how much he was looking forward to welcoming us to the restaurant that evening!
Already excited we decided to have a quick pre dinner drink in McGill’s Bar. On our arrival for dinner the Maitre D welcomed us and offered her congratulations on our engagement, something we were not tiring of on the day. Our table was by the window overlooking the gardens with a view of the Sugar Loaf in the distance. Glad I chose this table over the chef’s table as it was so intimate and with the rose petals adorning the table was extra special. Our champagne was brought shortly after and was delicious, It turned into the bottle that kept on giving during the evening meal. Fabio, the restaurant manager came to greet us once we had made our choice from the menu. We were feeling like the most important people in the hotel already and this was an added bonus.
The food was nothing short of amazing! The bread, the starters, the main courses, the desserts, the liquors – all stunning and will be hard to beat as the best dining experience either of us have experienced. The atmosphere and intimate feel was perfect. Feeling emotionally drained after the day we had to retire early for the evening.
The following morning we both woke early feeling refreshed and peck-ish for breakfast. This time in the Sugar Loaf Lounge. Taking a quick shower and look through the morning paper we made our way for the buffet breakfast. This again was ideal as we are both people who like to sample and sample we did, from full Irish breakfast, to Danish pastries, to fruit and granola we enjoyed a delicious breakfast but all the while coming to the realisation that our time in this stunning hotel was creeping closer to an end.
We will definitely return, maybe to celebrate our anniversary or to pick up a wedding brochure. It was the added touches that I had no part in planning that made this experience so special and memorable and neither of us will forget it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection offers outstanding luxury among 5-star hotels in Wicklow, Ireland. We are set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country, providing travellers with a a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and giving guests a host of amenities. At our hotel nestled in the hills of Enniskerry, 30 minutes from Dublin, you will find a spa, Powerscourt Golf Club, on-site restaurant and perfect accommodations offering easy access to rustic Enniskerry and all of County Wicklow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow