“An anniversary to remember!”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have just returned from celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary at the Ritz Powerscourt and I have to say it was the most memorable anniversary ever because of how special we were made feel by the wonderful staff at the Ritz! As soon as we arrived at check in we were welcomed back and made feel like our custom was very much appreciated, (we had stayed a couple of years previously). We were congratulated on our anniversary and these good wishes really set the way for a wonderful evening.

We had booked a one bedroom classic suite and were given a really beautiful suite with a very spacious balcony overlooking the garden and fountain. We received a delicious plate of chocolates and a card from the management congratulating us on our anniversary. This was a lovely touch!

We had dinner in Gordon Ramsey and throughly enjoyed it! I had the lobster and my husband had the oysters and both were lovely starters. This was followed by a very refreshing mango and passion fruit sorbet. Then we had the sirlion steak and the salmon, again both good. To finish my husband went for the rasberry souffle and I had the tiramsu with coffee ice cream, which was probably the most delicious dessert I have ever had in any hotel or restaurant!! To finish we had coffee and petit fours. Fab!! We opted to have breakfast in our room the next morning and this was delivered on time and perfectly cooked.

We are delighted that we chose the Ritz for our anniversary treat. The staff are so nice and make you feel so special. It certainly wont be too long before we return! Thanks again to you all. I can definitely recommend the Ritz for that special occasion. You will be treated like royalty!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrelandShelly

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We had gotten an amazing deal to stay here for 6 days and it was beyond wonderful. The room was amazing with a cool gadget in the nightstand for closing/opening curtains, the lights, temperature, etc. The spa is wonderful...what a view from the tub and I had it all to myself! Inniskerry was adorable and fun to walk around. Lovely, lovely!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RinaS945
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This hotel is absolutely five plus star in terms of the luxurious accommodation, bathroom, lobby, lounge areas, great staff. The gardens and setting are magnificent. Our room was huge, with separate walk in robe, large sitting room, stunning marble bathroom with huge separate bath, big comfy beds multiple televisions, fingertip control of lighting and curtains and do not disturb indicator etc, homemade biscuits on arrival in the room, just superb. So it was a big disappointment that for our large group dinner, the vegetarians (and there were a number of us) were, by virtue of the boring, unimaginative, minuscule offering, treated so contemptuously. Our entree was a quite plain green salad, undressed (until I asked for it to be dressed) and our main was a measly tea saucer sized portion of a rather ordinary risotto I could have whipped up in 10 minutes. Meanwhile the omnivores were treated to a lovely scallop, mushroom and pea entree with a huge lamb rack, polenta, sundried tomato jus and rocket main. To compare the two plates together,mwhich i did at several of the tables! Was really an embarassment. Now I know the kitchen here is "Gordon Ramsay" who has a reputation as a vegetarian hater, but really when we are paying as much as everyone else I felt this was truly unacceptable. When I dine out at fine dining I want to experience something that I don't have the time or imagination to make at home, which was clearly not the experience had here. Nevertheless the hotel itself is truly gorgeous.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank YMLSydney
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I had the best time at this hotel. My family and I went about 3 years ago for our first trip to Europe. Our family ages range from 50-4 so we had a lot of different ages in our group. The service was impeccable and the hotel itself beautiful. The front desk staff was very helpful and understanding as well as the rest of the staff at the hotel. The rooms were clean and the food was Delicious. The location of the hotel was set pretty far back from the main road, but that was the best part of it. Not many people knew about the hotel which made it even better. I would high recommend this hotel to anyone that loves the country side and enjoy great service!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I haven't really stayed in any other Ritz-Carlton properties, so this could just be par for the course, but this was the most amazing hotel room I've ever slept in. The whole vibe felt like I was staying in a ritzy NYC penthouse. All of the lights, AC controls, and even the control of the blinds were controlled by touch screens located in the bedside stands which was so cool.

Our room was spotlessly clean; the bathroom was HUGE with the best soaking tub AND a TV in the mirror. Again, just so cool. We also had an amazing view of the Wicklow Mountains!

Service was spectacular. Loved that they had a shuttle to the nearby town so we could get off property to eat (I just did not feel like eating in the hotel -- I think the food options were not so exciting.) The shuttle driver was so friendly and nice.

We didn't have a ton of time to explore the grounds, but the hotel is so close to Powerscourt with lots of options for lovely walks -- or bike rides with complimentary bike rentals!

Tip: for breakfast, we just headed to Powerscourt which was very close-by and had the best ever scone at the Avoca shop located in Powerscourt. I am still dreaming about those scones. :)

Note, that the location is a bit far from Dublin, so if you're looking to be close-by this is probably not for you.

Room Tip: Get a mansion view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

I won't go into too much detail, but we stayed here in sept 2011 and to be honest we were not happy with the service at all, anywhere. I emailed the hotel to let them know what we thought of our experience. Quite quickly, they responded perfectly, told us to let them know the next time we were going up to give them another chance.
We are so happy we did! From the moment we entered to the time we left, we could not have asked for better service, friendliness and attention to detail! Really good day last Saturday. And they were fully booked!! A wedding was on there as well which looked amazing!!
Well done to all the team!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank OwnerCC
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Lovely room, absolutely huge, amazing spa on two levels, dinner was a bit of a disappointment, lobster starter was great, the rib eye steak was ok but have had much better, plus the sides were bland and the raspberry dessert was extremely sour. We were on a deal so I didn't mind so much but would not have been pleased If I'd paid full price.

Breakfast on the other hand was the best hotel breakfast I've had and I've travelled alot.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club
The Marker Hotel
The Marker Hotel
#2 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!