i proposed to my partner at a weekend at this hotel and the staff were super helpful in making everything special. the hotel itself is attractive and facilities and rooms are excellent, but what really sets this hotel apart is the setting in the grounds of powerscourt estate. we went on the 'river walk' which is private to residents of the hotel (and visitors to the estate). the path is very suitable for walking in good clothes/shoes, although there are plenty of trails off-track if you want more of a ramble.
our only complaint with the room was that it didn't have any windows that could open to allow fresh air in at night, as we prefer the peace and quiet of having the AC turned off in the room. we had to leave the balcony door ajar which wasn't ideal.
the gordon ramsey restaurant was an experience, best dinner ever. breakfast was also excellent. the friendly waiter handed me a bag of pastries to take away for the day! definitely going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding among luxury five star hotels in Ireland and set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country is Powerscourt Hotel, a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and offering guests a host of amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow