“Stunning Hotel, Gorgeous Spa”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My sister and I had the pleasure of arriving on the first day this hotel switched from the Ritz to Autograph. There was disorganization and many glitches. One would think a changeover of this magnitude would have been well planned in advance. Not so! Nevertheless the hotel is elegant and beautiful. The stunning scenery is well worth a visit. Make sure to visit the gardens next door - they were INCREDIBLE. The hotel has a very fun labyrinth as well! The spa is incredible elegant as well. Unfortunately I had a massage from there that was THE WORST massage I have ever had. Beware of high expectations in this department when you sign up for a massage!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Terry L
There are newer reviews for Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Less than week after opening it's doors my wife and I had dinner in the new Powerscourt Hotel, set in Wicklow, the garden of Ireland and only a half hour drive from central Dublin.
The food, service and ambiance was superb. The setting is magnificent with stunning views of the Sugar Loaf mountain from every table in the dinning room. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and informative but the food was the best I have had for a long, long time. As they have only opened I expected some glitches but I literally couldn't fault anything.
If you want a fine dining experience in a stunning setting then this is it. And if you are visiting Dublin a visit here will show you the natural beauty of Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at the Ritz for 2 days and so far I can say the ritz is in my top 3 hotel.
the location is perfect if you are looking fo a peaceful time, the facilities are the same (included gym and spa).
if I have to complain about things i would say that I had a very bad check in, very long. Ridiculous.
the directions in the hotel are not good. Depending which bedroom you are (was 120) it can be a nightmare to find it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was a great end to our 10 day trip. Rest and relax here. Great pub fare, friendly service, beautiful grounds, wonderful/peaceful spa. The only thing I did not like was the room service food and the 1:30 AM crash I heard from the room nearby. The room was beautiful, with plenty of space to move about. I would have spent more time in the gardens if I had known about them sooner! :o) Mind you I was pregnant on this trip so I was a little sensitive to "things" in general. ;o)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

There are some aspects of this resort, which make it the best property I have ever stayed - and I have stayed at some good ones.

This property is the epitome of luxury; everything from the bedding to the incredible shower to the cool television in the mirror.

I also had a massage in the Spa, which was excellent. The facilities are overall the best I have ever seen.

If I had one minor criticism, I didn't think the gym was fitting for a hotel of such high caliber.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here for a week over the St. Patrick's Day 2013 weekend. It was amazing! From the second we got onto the grounds everything was first class. The staff were willing to assist us in any requests we had. The room was the Standard / Classic Deluxe room but was overwhelmed by the size and the amenities. Housekeeping was very prompt and even folded our clothes and balled up my friend's socks which were on the floor each day. On the last night everything was neatly folded and stacked at the foot of our beds so it could be placed into our suitcases.

If we wanted to get down into the village, the front desk would arrange for a car to drive us down; when we were ready to come back, the car would come and pick us up! We ate breakfast in town at Poppies which was good and inexpensive.

Made a reservation to eat at Ramsay's one night when they had a set 3 course menu. Great value. We were the last ones in the restaurant so we got to see the Chef's Table in the kitchen. Spotless! Have your camera ready if you are going to order the Chocolate Sphere for dessert. :)

Make sure to spend time in the Pool/Spa area, a great way to relax after a long day travelling around the island. We didn't get any of the packages, but the pool area and wet sauna were really nice. Try and spend a morning at the gardens nearby or head down to the waterfall.

On the weekend, we drove to Bray (about 15min), parked the car and took the train into Dublin. It was easier and didn't have to worry about paying the toll each way and dealing with road closures and parking in the city. One of the biggest expenses for the trip was gas for the car. Getting to Cork or Blarney were almost 3hr drives each way in a Ford Fiesta. We should have stayed in Limerick one night so we could get up early to the Cliffs the next morning and then drive back to the Ritz.

As of October, it's no longer part of the Ritz-Carlton chain but still operational.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Fantastic from start to finish! The grounds--unbelievable. The rooms--spacious and delightfully appointed, the spa--like no other. Fairly easy to get here from Dublin. For the time/money its worth it to take a cab vs the bus.

For only about two hundred rooms this hotel felt huge in a good way, with a few dining options and many helpful staff members, and of course the grounds are amazing.

Go to the pub!! The food is delicious and it definitely felt genuine, especially for a hotel bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leightx1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 1 in Glen Of The Downs
The Westbury
The Westbury
#6 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!