Stayed here for 1 night for my girlfriends birthday last week. On arrival our bags were taken from us and we checked in. This was efficient and very personable with the receptionist taking an interest our drive to hotel etc. We were then escorted to our room and shown around by the porter. This is one of the nicest rooms i have stayed in so far. Quite a big sized room and the hotels standard size. After2/3 minutes of settling into our room, a card and chocolates arrived for my girlfriend. Its the personal small touches that make a hotel stay stand out from the rest. The room had an extremely comfortable bed, walk in wardrobe, separate shower and bath - bathroom has tv in the main mirror and surround sound. Over all an excellent room.
The spa gives all quests access to the pool and steam room and also vitality pool. The pool has loungers around the side which are very comfortable. There is a thermal suite for both men and woman which are separate. This is upstairs in the spa and is available to use with spa treatments or at a separate cost of €25pp for thermal suite only. Within the thermal suite is sauna, steam and vitality pool which looks out over the grounds. The relaxation area overlooks the grounds and has electric beds.
Had dinner in the restaurant downstairs and was excellent although they couldn't really accommodate any changes to the main courses. In fact I was surprised a head chef would allow a main course to leave the kitchen so bare. The waiter himself seemed embarrassed and offered us a drink to make up for this. However food was very tasty. Breakfast was excellent with a great selection. There seemed to be a shortage of space at peak time though with not enough seating. We ate also in the Lobby next day and food was also nice.
This hotel was built at the height of the Celtic tiger with no expense spared. It still maintains the high standard although I would say the hotel is a little wilted around the edges from when I visited at the peak of the Celtic tiger. It still maintains its elegance. I did find however since it changed for the Ritz-Carlton to Marriott the service has slightly slipped. The hotel is at the upper end price wise, but worth the treat. We paid €270 for 1 night B&B with dinner. I would return again but only for a special treat as there is an abundance of other excellent hotels running great special offers at a fraction of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection offers outstanding luxury among 5-star hotels in Wicklow, Ireland. We are set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country, providing travellers with a a 200-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and giving guests a host of amenities. At our hotel nestled in the hills of Enniskerry, 30 minutes from Dublin, you will find a spa, Powerscourt Golf Club, on-site restaurant and perfect accommodations offering easy access to rustic Enniskerry and all of County Wicklow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow