Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
US$115
  • Beachfront
US$113
  • Beachfront
Rochestown Lodge Hotel & Spa(Dun Laoghaire)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$144
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel Dublin(Killiney)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$139
Official Site
The Beacon(Sandyford)
US$187
US$149
TripAdvisor
2,795 results
All reviewssika restaurantthe ritz carltonsugar loaf loungesugarloaf mountainmountain view suitebathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelmcgills pubsugarloaf loungeirish barwalk in wardrobegordon ramsaythe river walkfive star hoteldressing roompure luxuryafternoon tea
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Myself and my partner booked into Powerscourt Hotel for the night just to break up the long weekend and found the staff and hotel amazing. The staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. It was easter weekend and they had a pen with real bunnies and guinea pigs in it which I thought was a lovely touch.

The facilities were great as well and the gym fully equipped.

The real highlight of the stay was the use of the Spa and our treatments, we both had massages and they were the best both of us had ever had, I also had a facial which made me feel so refreshed after. The spa and staff were second to none.

We will be back for sure and would recommend this hotel to anyone. the room was spacious and plush. Even though we were only 20 minutes from home we felt we were in the countryside.

Amazing

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Courtney O,

Many thanks for this lovely review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us, and that our Easter mini pet farm caught your eye!

I will be passing on your feedback to the spa, who will be thrilled to hear that you both enjoyed the treatments and service so much.

We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two days as we concluded our trip to Ireland. What a way to end our trip! This hotel is absolutely beautiful - one of the prettiest places I've seen. The grounds are perfect for walking and there are so many opportunities to take beautiful pictures. We were upgraded to a suite and, seriously, the room was bigger than most apartments - dining room, living room, kitchen - HUGE bathroom - it was phenomenal. So was our view. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful as well. The one slight negative I'd say is that the spa treatments my daughter and I had (mani/pedi and swedish massages) were not up to par. The mani-pedis were a little messy and the massages were just so-so. But overall a fantastic place to stay - and not too far from Dublin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alwaystraveling74
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear alwaystravelling74,

Many thanks for your wonderful review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that it was a memorable end to your trip. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your Suite, the facilities and our staff.
I am sorry that the experience you and your daughter had in the spa was below par, and I have brought this to the attention of our Spa Manager who will look in to it further.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here late March for 6 nights. Excellent facilities just like what you would expect from a Ritz Carlton. We are lucky as we had a Groupon package (w/ fight, hotel and rental car) so we didn't pay the full price.

The breakfast buffet is unreal. Everything is top quality (even the milk and sugar).

Do make sure you save time for the swimming pool (indoor). It is a beautiful pool and the hot tub is awesome. I went there an hour before closing and I had the place all by myself.

If you want to avoid expensive meals you can drive 5 min to Enniskerry for some really good choices or another 15 min to Bray and the international crusine is right in front of your eyes. Tesco supermarket is a bit of a drive if you want to go super cheap.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lawrry

Dear lawrry,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Firstly we really enjoyed our stay here last weekend but there were good points and some not so good. The positives were the staff were very nice and helpful, food in the sugar loaf lounge was pretty good and the bedroom was very nice room. The grounds are very nice and the walks around Enniskerry are lovely. The main negative was the breakfast which was very very poor for a five star hotel. I have had a lot better breakfasts in 2 star places with the hot food pretty basic and only buffet with no omlettes etc on offer. The rest of the selection was very poor like breads, fruit, yogurts etc and the cereals and porridge was terrible. Also the mini bar in the room was ridiculous; €5 for a bottle of water. This is not 5 star any more in my opinion but still a nice place for a weekend away if the package is right.

Room Tip: I'm sure this is dependent on the room you pick. All the delexe rooms are nice inside but we had a poor view so ask for the view.
2  Thank nryan33
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear nryan33,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review and provide us with feedback of your stay.

I am glad that you found the staff to be nice and helpful and that the food in the Sugar Loaf Lounge was to your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear, however, that the breakfast did not live up to your expectations and that you found it to be below par.

I am currently reviewing your feedback with our culinary team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future, when you will hopefully leave with a better opinion of our breakfast offering.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here only for one night. We were in Dublin before and after my night here and I wish we hadn't wasted money on this hotel. The property and our room were very attractive; however, that is where the good points ended. During my visit there was a lot of waiting -- more than almost any hotel that I have visited before. There was a wait to be shown to the room. At the bar, there was a 15-minute wait to be served at a table even though two staff members were serving three patrons. This was followed by listening to the waitress and the staff behind the bar mock my pronunciation of a word and a 45-minute wait for the wait staff to check-in with us again. They never did so we had to ask for the bill at the bar even though they were not busy at all and we probably would have ordered another drink. We then went to the pub for dinner. Again, there was a significant wait to order food, for food to come, and to get the bill. After dinner, we went to the front desk to ask a question about the area. There were three staff members discussing something with one other guest. After waiting for 10 minutes, we simply skipped the question and decided to head back to Dublin early. I wouldn't stay here again.

3  Thank nycvillage25

Dear nycvillage25,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel and your feedback on your stay.

While it is always nice to hear positive comments of a guest's stay at the hotel, we do appreciate hearing from our guests regarding the areas we could improve on in the hotel.

My apologies that you experienced a lot of delays during your stay and that you found the behaviour of one of our staff members to be disrespectful. I am disappointed that a staff member was discourteous toward you, and I have spoken to all teams to remind them of the high levels of service and politeness that we expect them to display at all times.

I have also spoken with our Food & Beverage teams to address the issues you have identified, and I have re-emphasised that our guests should be served in an efficient manner.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and that your experience will be one which you remember for all the right reasons.