“Beutiful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reston, Virginia
“Beutiful”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Is a perfect balance between comfort and luxe, very peaceful place to rest and forget about everything, the facilities are huge and comfortable , you can spend time in a little Irish Pub into the hotel that looks like an antique Irish pub, the hotel attention is excellent. Walking around you can find beautiful gardens and amazing landscapes.

Es un perfecto balance entre lujo y comodidad, un lugar muy tranquilo para descansar y olvidarte de todo, las instalaciones son grandes y confortables, el hotel cuenta con un pequeño bar típico irlandés que lo hicieron parecer antiguo con muy bonita decoración, caminando puedes ver hermosos jardines y disfrutar de muy bonitos paisajes naturales

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JeanTzintzun
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear JeanTzintzun,

Thank you for writing this lovely review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be a peaceful haven.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

David Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 28 April 2014

You have to experience it to appreciate it. About 30 miles SW of Dublin - changed from Ritz Carlton to Powerscourt last September. Huge rooms, beautiful lobby, great restaurants. Staff was wonderful, rooms were spotless. Beds were awesome. The village of Enniskerry is very picturesque, with lots of small places to have breakfast and dinner. Hotel can arrange taxis to Dublin (do not drive) for E40. We had a car and toured the coast, but when we went to Dublin we took a cab. Highly recommend that. The Powerscourt House and Gardens are attached to the hotel. Simply beautiful. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bkg
Dear bkg,

Many thanks for this wonderful review of our hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great time with us - enjoying the huge rooms, beautiful lobby and great restaurants. I am also glad to hear that our staff made a good impression on you, and that you got to enjoy the House & Gardens, as well as seeing the city.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 28 April 2014

For our first trip to Ireland, my wife & I decided to homebase ourselves and do daytrips to see a number of attractions. We thought, "heck Ireland's not so big, we can drive anywhere we want and return easily" Well, that was a bit of presumption, but that's another story altogether. On to the hotel.

As noted above, this used to be a Ritz-Carlton property, and as such it was beautifully appointed, very clean throughout, and staffed by attentive and friendly employees. We knew from research online that it was likely to be a very nice place, but we didn't expect to have such luxurious accommodations. Our room wasn't even one of the high-end ones, no suite or anything, and yet it was furnished with a very comfortable king bed, all-marble bath, nice coffee bar, walk-in closet, and huge windows.

Like lawrry's review from March, we also had an all-inclusive package from Groupon that included the airfare, car, and the room, so I'm sure we didn't pay full-rate. In fact I haven't looked at their normal booking prices, but I would still recommend this hotel to anyone, even without knowing what that price might be. It's just that nice.

We didn't take advantage of much of the hotel's offerings. Didn't use the spa, the pool, didn't play golf, and only ate once in their on-site pub, McGill's. Because we were more interested in experiencing Ireland close-up, we ate breakfast and dinner elsewhere most of the time, interacting with the locals as much as we could. Had we intended to use the hotel as our destination and not simply as sleeping quarters, I'm sure we would have been just as delighted, and would no doubt have taken full advantage of their amenities.

My bottom line: Wonderful place, located far enough away from Dublin to not get tangled up in their traffic, yet close enough to run into town (or elsewhere) for whatever sights or excursions in Eastern or Central Ireland you might care for.

2 Thank GAJoe
Dear GAJoe,

Many thanks for writing this lovely review of your stay at Powerscourt.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had a great time exploring the country.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Myself and my partner booked into Powerscourt Hotel for the night just to break up the long weekend and found the staff and hotel amazing. The staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. It was easter weekend and they had a pen with real bunnies and guinea pigs in it which I thought was a lovely touch.

The facilities were great as well and the gym fully equipped.

The real highlight of the stay was the use of the Spa and our treatments, we both had massages and they were the best both of us had ever had, I also had a facial which made me feel so refreshed after. The spa and staff were second to none.

We will be back for sure and would recommend this hotel to anyone. the room was spacious and plush. Even though we were only 20 minutes from home we felt we were in the countryside.

Amazing

Dear Courtney O,

Many thanks for this lovely review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us, and that our Easter mini pet farm caught your eye!

I will be passing on your feedback to the spa, who will be thrilled to hear that you both enjoyed the treatments and service so much.

We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two days as we concluded our trip to Ireland. What a way to end our trip! This hotel is absolutely beautiful - one of the prettiest places I've seen. The grounds are perfect for walking and there are so many opportunities to take beautiful pictures. We were upgraded to a suite and, seriously, the room was bigger than most apartments - dining room, living room, kitchen - HUGE bathroom - it was phenomenal. So was our view. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful as well. The one slight negative I'd say is that the spa treatments my daughter and I had (mani/pedi and swedish massages) were not up to par. The mani-pedis were a little messy and the massages were just so-so. But overall a fantastic place to stay - and not too far from Dublin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alwaystraveling74
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear alwaystravelling74,

Many thanks for your wonderful review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that it was a memorable end to your trip. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your Suite, the facilities and our staff.
I am sorry that the experience you and your daughter had in the spa was below par, and I have brought this to the attention of our Spa Manager who will look in to it further.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here late March for 6 nights. Excellent facilities just like what you would expect from a Ritz Carlton. We are lucky as we had a Groupon package (w/ fight, hotel and rental car) so we didn't pay the full price.

The breakfast buffet is unreal. Everything is top quality (even the milk and sugar).

Do make sure you save time for the swimming pool (indoor). It is a beautiful pool and the hot tub is awesome. I went there an hour before closing and I had the place all by myself.

If you want to avoid expensive meals you can drive 5 min to Enniskerry for some really good choices or another 15 min to Bray and the international crusine is right in front of your eyes. Tesco supermarket is a bit of a drive if you want to go super cheap.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lawrry
Dear lawrry,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Firstly we really enjoyed our stay here last weekend but there were good points and some not so good. The positives were the staff were very nice and helpful, food in the sugar loaf lounge was pretty good and the bedroom was very nice room. The grounds are very nice and the walks around Enniskerry are lovely. The main negative was the breakfast which was very very poor for a five star hotel. I have had a lot better breakfasts in 2 star places with the hot food pretty basic and only buffet with no omlettes etc on offer. The rest of the selection was very poor like breads, fruit, yogurts etc and the cereals and porridge was terrible. Also the mini bar in the room was ridiculous; €5 for a bottle of water. This is not 5 star any more in my opinion but still a nice place for a weekend away if the package is right.

Room Tip: I'm sure this is dependent on the room you pick. All the delexe rooms are nice inside but we had...
2 Thank nryan33
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear nryan33,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review and provide us with feedback of your stay.

I am glad that you found the staff to be nice and helpful and that the food in the Sugar Loaf Lounge was to your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear, however, that the breakfast did not live up to your expectations and that you found it to be below par.

I am currently reviewing your feedback with our culinary team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future, when you will hopefully leave with a better opinion of our breakfast offering.

Warm Regards.
David Webster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
The Westbury
The Westbury
#6 of 151 in Dublin
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!