Myself , hubby and 14 year old daughter have just returned from a surprise stay at Powerscourt Hotel.
Fab suite on the 5th floor with amazing views of the mountains. We went to the Spa to use the pool and hamman- having stayed there previously I felt it now needs a bit of a revamp- lots of the lovely sparkling lights in the pool no longer work so you dont get the full effect. Also in the ladies changing rooms the showers are very very dark and its hard to tell the shampoo from the body wash due to bad lighting , one shower room had no lights working in it at all.
We were booked in for dinner in the restaurant which I have to say was the highlight of the stay for me with excellent food served by a very knowledgeable waiter by the name of Mark. He was really lovely and knew all about the various choices on the menu. A great plus if its your first time to taste certain foods. Definately worth having a meal in the restaurant a little bit dearer price wise but worth it.
We went to McGills for a few drinks and were surprised at the price of the drinks, it is a 5 star hotel but the prices could be a bit more realistic 11 euro for a vodka and 7up and 6.80 euro for a bottle of Corona - you wouldnt be having too many at that price. It has a lovely atmosphere in it though.
Breakfast was lovely but really busy, more staff needed to turnover food and tables.
The stay was really lovely and I would recommend it to anyone who gets a chance to stay there to do it- only sorry I wasnt staying another night - next time maybe!
My daughter loved the hotel and all the facilities too and we have promised ourselves when we get back to stay the next time to book some of the spa treatments in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding among luxury five star hotels in Ireland and set amidst one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country is Powerscourt Hotel, a 194-room resort showcasing Palladian-style architecture and offering guests a host of amenities. Recently named AA Hotel of the Year, two championship golf courses, a 30,000-square foot luxury spa by ESPA, a signature restaurant and traditional Irish pub are among this luxury hotel’s distinctive attractions. Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa's Palladian design forms a majestic crescent on the side of one of Ireland's most celebrated valleys. The layout of the seven-storey hotel gives a lot of our rooms and suites views of the remarkable Sugar Loaf Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Powerscourt, County Wicklow Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Enniskerry
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Enniskerry
- Ritz Enniskerry
- Enniskerry Ritz-Carlton
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection Enniskerry, Ireland - County Wicklow