“Fantastic hotel with beautiful rooms away from the city”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel with beautiful rooms away from the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at Powersourt during a conference earlier this year. The place is absolutely beautiful right from the moment you walk through the doors! The staff were really friendly and extremely helpful which is always a very good quality to look out for. My room was absolutely stunning! It was big and spacious with a walk in closet, a separate sitting room, a larger than average bedroom and a double sized bathroom. The room service was meticulous while the food served in the hotel was seriously delicious and up to standard. If you fancy a place outside of Dublin I would recommend the Powerscourt - its the perfect retreat to revive yourself! (And they have amazing wines too!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GediUK
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear GediUK,

Many thanks for writing this lovely review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted that the staff, food and bedroom facilities were to your satisfaction, and that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

David Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is fantastic. The guest rooms are luxurious without being obnoxious. The TV in the mirror of the bathroom is a nice detail. The heating and lighting are remote controlled and make sense. The meeting room was well equipped and comfortable. The only slight let down was service in the ‘Irish’ bar. Ordering food took a long time, one menu was given for 7 people, and we had to ask for more. Empty drinks glasses were not taken from the table and new orders had to be brought to the table. The bar was not that busy and this level of service did not match the rest of the hotel. One got the impression that the focus of bar staff was on elderly American tourists who tip well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert R
Dear RobertR,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us.

My apologies that the service in the bar was not up to our usual high standards during your stay. We are investing in customer care training at the moment, and I hope that when you stay with us next you will notice a marked improvement. I am glad, however, that the guest rooms and meeting space left a good impression on you and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were warmly greeted on arrival ,check in was easy & we were escorted along with our overnight bags to our room where we were given a rundown on how to work all the electronic touchscreen gadgets . Our room was very impressive , extremely spacious , very opulent bathroom & luxurious comfortable beds. We had a beautiful big balcony looking over the garden and fountain with the sugarloaf mountain in the distance. Our package including champagne afternoon tea, serve in the lounge . The sandwiches were pre-made beforehand so unfortunately the bread was a tad bit stale !!!! That night we have a pleasant meal in Mc Gill's pub , the menu was varied and the pub was busy with a nice atmosphere . We opted to have our breakfast in our room the following morning. Breakfast was delivered on time, everything we ordered was there, porridge pipping hot beautiful pastries & hot fab coffee . We were lucky as it was a glorious sunny warm morning so we ate breakfast on the balcony reading the delivered newspaper in the sunshine, this concluded off my overnight treat in The Powerscourt Hotel to perfection. Hope i get the chance for a return visit someday ........

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank procus
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear procus,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the only fault was with the sandwiches. I will address this with our Food & Beverage team.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards
Wicklow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Overall we had a fabulous stay in Powercourt Hotel.
When we arrived, we were quickly checked in. We were impressed when they put additional staff on the checkin desk. Our bags were brought to our room where we were given an overview of all electronic gadgets.
Our room was stunning, it overlooked the gardens. It was spotless and well maintained.
The bed was huge.
The bathroom was fab, we were so impressed with the TV in the mirror. Such a clever idea.
We had dinner in Sika restaurant on the Friday night, it was a fantastic experience. We were introduced to server who would be looking after us for the night, we didn't see too much of her. But the other wait staff looked after us nicely.
Our breakfast on the last morning was so disappointing, we ordered Eggs Benedict. After over 25 mins and after other guest had received theirs, even though the ordered after us the hostess in the restaurant asked us if we were ok, we reminded of our order. She said she would check on it. She never came back to us. She actually quiet deliberately didn't make eye contact with us. After another 20 mins, they arrived Cold. We informed the server, he apologised profusely and offered to replace but at this stage we had enough of waiting.
On checkout I informed reception, she apologised and offered for the manager to call me. I presume to apologise again. At no time was the price of the breakfast offered to be removed.
I paid 5 star price, the amenities were but the service definitely wasn't at times.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ry0bi
Dear Ry0bi,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback on the service you experienced at breakfast. We are currently investing in more training for our staff and I do hope that you will notice an improvement when you stay with us next.

I am happy to hear, however, that overall you had a fabulous stay, and I'm glad that you found the service at check in was efficient and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The moment I arrived at the powerscourt hotel I was taken back by the stunning scenery, I was greeted at the door and welcomed by the staff. I was checked in by a very helpful lady called Jayne, the check in was very quick. Once shown to our room we dinned in the sugar loaf lounge. The food was absolutely delicious!! Then had drinks in mc gills bar which was great Craic. What really impressed me the most about my stay was the spa. Never in all my life have I had a massage as great as the one I had from chayanit. She was so polite and has magical hands! I'm a total diva when it comes to massages and don't praise often! The staff made my stay worth every penny! Alison on the phone, the manager Kelly Ann even checked in with us! I cannot wait to go back! And would recommend the hotel and especially the spa to everyone! ☺️

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Heather-Jane27
Dear Heather-Jane27

Thank you so much for writing this lovely review of your stay with us.

I am delighted that our staff and service helped create a memorable stay for you. I will pass on your feedback to all the ladies you mentioned in the review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and spa again soon.

Wexford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed it this hotel last year and booked it as the 'Ritz Carlton'. We arrived to find it was no longer the Ritz. It had changed hands a week or so after booking. No one thought to let us know. We enquired about the 'games room' during the booking as we liked the idea of taking our two young children there during our two night break. We were really excited and had booked a family suite. We arrived a bit bemused as it had changed names and then brought to our room to find a camp bed with our double bed. This would have been fine for one child so we asked for another and it was brought up and squeezed awkwardly into the room after rearranging furniture. We thought 'ok let's just get on with it'. We unpacked and went off to explore the games room. It was closed due to 'refurbishment' for our whole stay. I couldn't believe it. I let the hotel know how disappointed I was and they said they would bring the games to our room. They brought a broken connect four set and a ludo game with half the pieces missing. It was very difficult to keep the children entertained. I wouldn't have came here if they had thought to inform us. Our little girls burger was pink inside on our second evening. I don't know if this was the reason but she vomited repeatedly all that night. We were exhausted. Our whole stay was a shambles from start to end. I was furious as we had spent a lot of money and chose this hotel over the Shelbourne for a change. An article was printed the following weekend in the Sunday times about the new CEO and with his name to hand, I put pen to paper and eloquently and politely explained our story and it made me feel better. I posted the letter and never had any response. I private messaged the hotel's Facebook page months later to ask why I had no reply hoping for an explanation. I was asked for my email address which I gave and still nothing. Very disappointed indeed!

Stayed October 2013
12 Thank Jodie531
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Powerscourt Hotel is situated in the Powerscourt Estate,which is an historic and large former home of the De Poer family, going back centuries. The Hotel was built at huge expense during the crazy boom times of Ireland's Celtic Tiger,and was run by the Ritz Carlton Group. Many felt somewhat intimidated by the formality and grandeur of the place,feeling that this was really a "City" hotel out in the countryside of the Wicklow hills, and close to the scenic village of Enniskerry, a place to wear a suit and tie, and not country clothing. However, as with so many grand ventures, this one soon collapsed, as did the ultra smart Gordon Ramsay restaurant with its eye-watering prices, to be taken over by the Marriott Group, and renamed the Powerscourt Hotel. It is now a much more accessible venue,with charming staff, beautiful rooms with large bathrooms, and superb scenery,in the Garden of Ireland, lovely place to visit even if you are not staying there. A word of warning, however; a recent visit to the on-site pub, the food was very poor, the place was dark and seemed shabby, and the service was amateurish, definitely not worthy of a 5 Star hotel. Perhaps it has improved, following complaints to the obliging and attentive management.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Sugarloaf Mountain.