“Outstanding hotel in the Irish countryside”

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a gem of a luxury hotel south of Dublin. It is off the beaten path but worth the trip. From the moment we arrived we were treated warmly and every accommodation was made to make us welcome. The staff was simply outstanding during our entire trip. The lobby is elegant and the views of the surrounding countryside were spellbinding. Our room was spotless and well kept for our entire visit. There a two restaurants and a pub. We were given vouchers for 1/2 off the breakfast buffet. There is also a wonderful spa and a pool that you have to see. The desk and the concierge helped us by suggesting some ways to enjoy our visit. We had rented a car and the concierge mapped out a trip around County Wicklow that turned out to be wonderful. hey booked the rail and bus tour for us to go to the west and see the Cliffs of Moher and drove us into Enniskerry and picked us up when we went into the village. Everything was friendly yet very professional. This is not some bed and breakfast, it is a luxury hotel so be prepared to spend money for food and drinks. That being said, it is worth every penny. We will return - without a doubt.

1  Thank TonyJ85
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear TonyJ85,

Many thanks for this lovely review of your stay here in Powerscourt.

It is always great to hear positive reviews of our staff and the service they provide. I am glad that they were on hand to enhance your experience and to ensure you got the most out of your stay. Thank you as well for the kind comments regarding the bedroom, restaurants and spa.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Large luxurious bedroom, tv in bathroom, very comfy bed. Pool and jacussi lovely. Disappointed that the lounge wasn't open for dinner. Had dinner in the bar,nice but not 5 star standard. Breakfast service needs attention to detail. The 'hot' buffet should not be lukewarm and the plates should not be cold. Otherwise enjoyed our stay. Very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Junieruby

Dear Junieruby,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

My apologies that the breakfast buffet was lukewarm. We are investing in new equipment which will improve this greatly.

I am delighted that the bedroom and spa facilities were to your satisfaction, and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

OUR stay in Powerscourt Hotel was under our expectation.

***Firstly we were really shocked as we were charged 60 eur for a bottle of wine there was in a room outside the fridge. We stayed in Shelbourne and Westbury hotels in Dublin, and were never charged for anything what was outside minibar.60 eur for a simple bottle of wine, an ordinary u would pay 7 eur in a shop...

***Secondly, the towels weren't clean, one was with a big blood spot on it.

**Thirdly, we were interrupted twice- the staff came in twice to check the mini bar. We thing the receptionist has to ring the staff and ask staff member to check the minibar, when the guests are checking out.

***And lastly, when we asked for a table at the window in a bar, we were told that they were all reserved, so we were seated elsewhere. It's ok we though, but there was a table empty even when we finished our food..

It's a 5* hotel, and when you pay that much for a room, you expect not to be interrupted, clean bed linen and towels, and if you charge for a wine outside mini bar, at least the price has to be not that high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you can imagine, the experience fell far short of our expectations. We stayed in May 2014 for 2 nights, spent nearly 800 eur...under our expectations...

4  Thank super sweet A
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We've been to Powerscourt Hotel three times and we always had a great time. Hotel and surrounding area are fantastic, food is delicious and staff is very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is relaxing, but service is professional and high quality. It is also very close to Dublin if you need access to the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ziggynath

Dear ziggynath,

Many thanks for this lovely review of our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in April. It is a good sign when our guests keep returning!

We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here for one night for my birthday. There was a problem with our booking on arrival but this was quickly sorted out. We booked a mountain view suite and it was beautiful. Two separate rooms with a balcony overlooking the grounds and the mountain. We had afternoon tea with a glass of prosecco and it was lovely. We also had a massage each as part of the package we booked. The spa is absolutely beautiful! I had a full body massage and it was the best I ever had, unfortunately I cannot remember the ladies name! After your treatment you are brought to the relaxing room where you can sit on a reclining lounger and gaze out at the mountain and read and sip on a refreshing drink. My only regret is that I didn't bring a swimsuit to try out the pool! I was so relaxed after being in the spa. Would highly recommend as a treat!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine B

Dear Elaine B,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that it was a memorable birthday experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again, when you might have the opportunity to try out the pool.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We came for an overnight stay to use a voucher given to us specially because we had stayed here when our daughter was married from the hotel a couple of years ago, so we knew the kind of things to expect.

Check-in was prompt and efficient and we were escorted to our room on the 5th floor, overlooking the fountain garden and towards the Sugarloaf, very pleasant indeed. The standard rooms are well-appointed and have a separate dressing room plus a desk area, should you wish to work or write anything. The bathroom is spacious, with a lovely walk-in rainforest shower as well as a big bath.

Our voucher included dinner in the Sika restaurant; our one slight gripe was that we could only get a 7 pm reservation, and we prefer to eat a little later. I noticed that most diners arrived no later than 7.30 and I wonder if this was the kitchen's benefit, as there was a largish (12 or 14?) group which came in later. However, this was outweighed by the positives! The manager checked concerning my shellfish allergy (which the restaurant had asked about when they rang us the pervious day to confirm our reservation). The menu is fairly short but there is something there for everyone, and I was most impressed by the staff's knowledge of the components of each course and also the food provenance. Well done all round! My husband had scallops followed by John Dory, while I started with goat's cheese (a little bit bland) and then beautifully cooked lamb done three ways. I was slightly disappointed with the chocolate bombe - it is presented spectacularly, with the server pouring hot sauce over the chocolate ball, which then collapses to reveal what's inside - but you end up with what is basically chocolate soup! However, that was my problem!

Overall, though, it was a delicious meal, and as we were put under no pressure to vacate our table, we were able to sit over our drinks and watch the moon rise over the Sugarloaf. Beginning to feel pleasantly tired, we retired to our room, but alas, I did not get the good night's sleep I was looking forward to. Both the bedside clock-radio and the phone has very bright display panels, which meant the room was never completely dark, and as for the electronic control of the lights - three times during the night I was woken by my bedside light coming on, seemingly by itself! I then had to try and switch it off.... Also, the pillows were very soft, and had we been staying for an extra night, I would have asked for more, but that's a personal preference.

Breakfast is also served in the Sika room, and apart from your tea or coffee it's buffet style - but what a choice! Almost everything you could think of..... The cooked breakfast comes with scrambled eggs as standard, but I prefer a fried egg and this was done very quickly for me. Again, there is a listing of the provenance of many of the items. An extra plus to the kitchen because they were able to provide me with Marmite on request! One little criticism would be that the plates and the cooked items could be hotter.

We were glad to find that the service ethic still underpins this hotel, even under new management, and certainly every member of staff with whom we came into contact was friendly and helpful.

3  Thank Northbrook
David W, General Manager at Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Northbrook,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review of your recent stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the rooms, service and food lived up to your expectations. Your feedback regarding the bedside light in the bedroom has been passed on to our maintenance team who are looking in to it. With regard to the plates and cooked items at breakfast, we are investing in new equipment this month to remedy this problem.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you both again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at Powersourt during a conference earlier this year. The place is absolutely beautiful right from the moment you walk through the doors! The staff were really friendly and extremely helpful which is always a very good quality to look out for. My room was absolutely stunning! It was big and spacious with a walk in closet, a separate sitting room, a larger than average bedroom and a double sized bathroom. The room service was meticulous while the food served in the hotel was seriously delicious and up to standard. If you fancy a place outside of Dublin I would recommend the Powerscourt - its the perfect retreat to revive yourself! (And they have amazing wines too!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GediUK

Dear GediUK,

Many thanks for writing this lovely review of your stay here at Powerscourt.

I am delighted that the staff, food and bedroom facilities were to your satisfaction, and that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

David Webster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
#2 of 150 in Dublin
The Westbury
The Westbury
#7 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!