“Wonderful resort on beautiful grounds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection

Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enniskerry
New Orleans
“Wonderful resort on beautiful grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

First class resort on beautiful grounds. The rooms are beautiful with all updated amenities. The beds are super comfortable and state of the art electronics. We spent a lot of time in the adjacent gardens which are fabulous. We enjoyed dining and tea at the gardens restaurant on the outside dining area. Don't miss the soft serve ice cream to the right of the entrance courtyard.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bellapriss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Polish first
Stotfold, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Being a loyal Marriott guest (over 1000 nights) I had high expectations for our stay and they were nearly achieved. The hotel itself is stunning and the views from the lounge are pretty special … we stayed two nights and spent both evenings having pre-dinner drinks overlooking Sugar-Loaf mountain. Service in the lounge was excellent. We had dinner the pub one evening and an early dinner in the lounge the second evening … both were great dining experiences. McGill's pub was quite busy but service was good and the atmosphere very 'Irish'.

Breakfast was a little less well organised. We had to ask for tea twice both days. The staff seemed very stretched. However, the buffet food was very good and the eggs cooked to order promptly.

One thing not to miss is the walk through the private estate. It was very tranquil and there was a stunning display of rhododendrons. You can get a map from reception.

Just a couple of niggles. I have been a Platinum Elite guest for many years and was surprised that the lady on reception did not pick up on this. Also, the Marriott Rewards points allocated for our stay were significantly lower than expected. These have now been resolved but it is a little irritating.

Overall, the room was excellent and very comfortable … as usual for Marriott … and the majority of our stay was excellent. We would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
7 Thank Chris F
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The perfect place for a romantic weekend away. Stunning location, beautiful rooms, fabulous food (and cocktails), friendly staff. We had a 6th floor room with balcony. Can't wait to go back.

Tip: If you are looking to venture out of the hotel for food try The Grange Kitchen or Byrne and Woods in Roundwood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mac69Ireland
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I spent a few nights at the Powerscourt Hotel, which was not long ago the Ritz-Carlton. I must say that it felt like a Ritz-Carlton with the kind of service quality and attention to detail.
Room was great - classically luxurious with modern amenities. I love the electricity converter that provides travelers with 110v power outlets. Food was excellent. The View of Sugarloaf Mountain was very soothing. There are bicycles to borrow and a ride around the Powerscourt is an experience of lifetime. The only thing I am not really too excited about is the location. It's quite a way from Dublin and the roads from major highway is so narrow they make your hair stand on end! There are also lots of tour groups at the hotel, quite unusual for a (former) Ritz-Carlton too.
While stay at the Powerscourt Hotel, do visit the Johnny Fox Pub - it's a world-famous Irish Pub not far from the hotel. You'll not regret.

Room Tip: Ask for Sugarloaf View!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DT94024
Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived at are our room and were astounded with the fantastic superior suite we had been upgraded to. Upon opening the door, you have a beautiful hallway leading into a stunning dining/sitting room with beautiful furniture and a full kitchen. We also discovered a guest toilet. Then we entered the bedroom where there was a huge bed, which was the most comfortable bed I have ever stayed on. We had huge wardrobes, which then lead to a gorgeous bathroom, with walk in shower, bath and separate toilet. There was even a tv built into the mirror!!!! We also had a huge balcony with table and chairs and sun beds, overlooking the gardens. Accommodation could not be faulted and top marks to the cleaning staff. Unfortunately the breakfast wasn't the best. It was a buffet/hot meal, however I felt that much of it had been left for a while, so was not fresh each morning. Usually in a hotel, there is constant refilling and new foods being put out. On the first morning, there was about 2 fried eggs left which looked as if they had been there for hours, then when new ones were brought out, they weren't much better. I was very happy that we had our meal included as I certainly would not have paid 29euro for this. I also felt the staff in McGills pub were very inexperienced and maybe a training course in bar customer service and drink preparing wouldn't go astray. We didn't get to the pool, but then the rule of having to wear your dressing gown instead of clothes to it can make quite a few people uncomfortable. Aside from those few items, we had a wonderful stay and could not fault the hotels accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Car0l74
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't say enough about this place. I have traveled for the last 25 years and this would rank as one of the most wonderful hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms were fantastically large and very well appointed. The bathrooms were perfect and huge with everything you need. My only complaint was the ironing board was broken! I didn't want to leave and if my wife was with me I would have had to drag her out of there. The grounds are quiet and peaceful and expansive and even have a life size chess set in the garden area. The service was very professional, helpful and attentive at all times. The restaurant was equally incredible and one of the best meals I have had in a very long time. (Irish Steak). Service there was out of this world also. This is without a doubt a place I will return with my wife and I would highly recommend this place for a couples get away. You might just get lucky!! :-) Seriously though, this hotel deserves a golf clap.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. One of us were on the top floor with a huge shared balcony a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
6 Thank TJ M
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a Marriot Gold Elite member, I was expected to be upgraded. However upon checking in, instead of upgrade, I was DOWNGRADED secretly. (Change to lower grade room without telling you).
I booked my reservation July, 2013 when the property was still Ritz Carlton. My reservation is Sugar Loaf Mountain view. When check in, they assigned me to room 408 which is the room right next to the noisy restaurant with NO mountain view. I did not realize until later due to the jet lag (too tired to investigate). later of the day, when I checked again my on-line booking, it was DOWNGRADED from Mountain View to resort view. Good thing I still keep my original reservation detail to proof it is not the same.
I understand if the room is not available on the date, they should kindly inform the customer at check-in instead of secretly altered the reservation and wish the customer won’t catch it. This is not ethic action at all, especially I expect Ritz Carlton service quality standard
I did bring up the issues to the night front desk manager. He apologized and promised will put us in the right room next days since it was fully booked on the day. He also offered the dinner next day to compensate the mistake made by the hotel. I was happy with the result and thought it was settled. Next days when we are backed from the city excursion, our new room was ready. However the other front desk manager lady refused to honor the offer. She said there is no need to compensate since we already give you the right room. It is very rude and we felt totally insulted.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank Emilie_Tang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskerry
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
InterContinental Dublin
#19 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews
The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel

Been to Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!