“Lovedit”
Review of Rockhaven House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunfanaghy
Rockhaven House
Ranked #2 of 7 Dunfanaghy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

What a fine B and B this is, one of the best! My wife and I spent a night here in July. We received a very cordial welcome, the room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. The breakfasts were very good and the service was excellent. Our hosts gave us ideas about how to spend our time in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rockhaven House is a real gem of a B&B set in the beautiful town of Dunfanaghy .I have just stayed there with my wife and a friend for a short golfing break . Rockhaven has the most spectacular views across the golf course , Dunfanaghy bay and Horn Head .The dining room must have one of the best views in the whole region !
The bedrooms we had were immaculate , the guest lounge very comfortable and the breakfast superb . However what really adds to an already brilliant experience is the hospitality of the owners, Heather and Sam McElhinney . They both make sure that their guests have a great time and are helped with local information if they are new to the area -- I saw at first hand the care which they took with their guests . As an example Heather rang the local golf club to check out a few things for us without us even asking .
We struck lucky with the weather [ the golf wasn't bad either !] but will look forward to future stays with Heather and Sam whatever the weather . Thanks for a really enjoyable stay --much appreciated !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We spent for nights at Rockhaven. It is ideally located to explore the north region of Donegal. We were thankful after a long day outing or hike to return to our comfy, very clean and quite room or to relax in the guest lounge. Hosts, Heather and Sam were most hospitable and keen to share their knowledge of the region. The fabulous view of Sheephaven Bay and the golf course from the breakfast room and the superb breakfast were without a doubt the best way to start each day. We highly recommend Rockhaven and if we're back this way we''ll be sure to stay! Karen and David

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Rockhaven very much. I went with a walking tour in Donegal & Antrim and this was the best B&B. I stayed in a 'single' room which wasn't really a single room but a big room with a big bathroom, lovely and comfortable beds (including the blanket!!!) and I slept very tight at night as it was very quiet (my room wasn't to the front, so no sea view BUT very calm!) The owners are very friendly and good for a little chat. At breakfast you can enjoy the view to the sea and Horn Head. If you are in Dunfanaghy go to Rockhaven House, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Dunfanaghy is a pleasant coastal town with lots of choices for accommodation and dining. Rockhaven House deserves consideration. It is located just outside of town, across from the golf course, so there are pleasant views. The walk into the town is easy and enjoyable. The house is very well situated and arranged for a B&B, making you feel like there is privacy and it was quiet. Our room at the end of the hall was very large and comfortable. The breakfast was good and Sam was friendly and helpful. Different people look for different things in B&Bs, so they are very personal choices, but Rockhaven House checked all my boxes and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Rockhaven House many times over the last 12 years. Heather and Samuel are very warm and hospitable hosts with a great knowledge of the area and its many attractions. Their home is beautifully situated, extremely well maintained and a joy to stay in. Rooms are superbly presented, and beds are comfortable. The dining room which commands superb views across Sheephaven bay is a wonderful place to take meals. Views from our bedroom were spectacular. Food is wonderfully prepared by heather a great cook, and served by Samuel, a most helpful and convivial host. I can not recommend this lovely home highly enough. We most certainly will be back...and soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikecrossley
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We spent five nights at Rockhaven House in July. Our hosts, Heather and Sam, made us feel so welcome in their beautiful, comfortable home. Breakfasts were fantastic, views from the house spectacular and rooms were very comfortable and clean. We can highly recommend this lovely guesthouse and hope to return there very soon. Marie, Wolfgang, Wast, Hermine, Reinhard and Sonja

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Been to Rockhaven House? Share your experiences!