“Eat here for breakfast or tea - great wee place!”

Starfish Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Dunfanaghy
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Castlerock, Northern Ireland
“Eat here for breakfast or tea - great wee place!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went here for breakfast and it was lovely so impressed and the sausages were fab- we went back for tea and it was absolutely lovely and Tamara the waitress was so attentive and couldn't do enough for us- made mistake on our last day of trying Lizzie's and regretted it as it has nothing on Starfishs breakfast

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank aeroamy

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“nice, cozy, friendly place with great pictures on the wall”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went several times to this cozy cafe during my stay in the lovely seaside village of Dunfanaghy. The atmosphere is pleasant. The big breakfast is tasty and the coffee is good. I ordered several times the lemonade. As I am not a cake person I did not try their selection but my friends said they were very nice. The pictures on the wall of local brilliant photographer (Trevor Cole) are superb. A good place to hang-out.

• Visited April 2014
Donegal
“Awful.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

On arrival we sat down and looked around us at a very nice cafe/ bistro. That is where it ended. A waitress came along and took our order, one tea, one coffee and two sandwiches, we got the tea and coffee five minuets later but it took half an hour to get the sandwiches.The knives and forks were thrown in the centre instead of being put down in front of each person. When the waitress arrived with the sandwiches my partner asked for another cup of coffee, which she did bring and put down on the table without looking and never took the used cup away. As for the young waiter, although friendly it seemed wanted to show that he was wearing blue underwear, his jeans were so low. A older blond lady just took the biscuit altogether by coming down to the sofa area to plump up cushions but then just walked away without clearing any dishes. There is a serious lack of staff training here which needs to be attended to. It is a Monday and if it is like this now then what would it not be like at the height of the season? As for the Bistro if the cafe is poor then there will be little hope for it. I would not return.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Berna D
Falcarragh, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Firm Favourite”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

After moving back to the area after spending a decade away and loving my coffee, I was so happy to find the Starfish Cafe. It's become a firm favourite for our family and friends. The coffee itself is great, if you're a fan of blended coffees then I recommend the large flat white, and if you're more of a connoisseur, then the Doppio Con Panna (double espresso with a little bit of whipped cream - my favourite). Food is always delicious, especially all the freshly baked treats. There are always a few daily specials available too. The greatest thing about the cafe though is the staff, and they are the main reason we keep going back. They have created a wonderful atmosphere, provide great service, and make you feel so welcome. A firm favourite!

• Visited June 2014
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast at the Starfish twice this week. The staff were so friendly and any request made was greeted with a smile and 'No Problem'. I had the full cooked breakfast and it was truly scrumptious. Thank you.