“Cafe staff are brilliant”

The Sheep and Wool Centre
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Leenane
Dublin, Ireland
“Cafe staff are brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had to come on here and leave a review for this cafe. We ate here over two consecutive days and the food was just lovely and really good value. But there were two things that made me come here and leave a review firstly I often eat out with my 3 year old daughter and have gotten so used to the person serving us to give the obligatory aren't you lovely but the Friday we ate here my mother daughter and myself had a lovely experience. The girl that served us spoke directly to my daughter while she was serving us asking about all her favourite tv shows she then arrived to the table with a colouring book crayons and what she called a trumpet (a paper cup) she then -after clearing it with me - bet my daughter 3 marshmallows that she wouldn't be able to eat all her dinner.
A while later my mum went to the toilet and told me that the same girl was cleaning in the corridor and when she saw my mum coming she walked ahead of her and held the door open for her then when she came back out the girl was mopping she put the mop down and walked to my mum took her arm told her to be careful and escorted her all the way back to the table.
It's rare to get service like this I'm afraid that I didn't have much money on me to leave you a tip but I really hope you get a raise. Staff like this should be valued.

Visited October 2013

Bangor, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A good gift shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Lovely little centre with a very nice gift shop and a small restaurant. Gifts for everyone, all ages catered for.

Visited October 2013
Galway, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Check the wool museum ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Interesting thing here is the wool museum.

Find out how what comes off the sheep ends up as wool. See the various ways it's been done in the past.

Learn about old-fashioned dyeing with natural means ... and chat to the sheep-farmer who runs the museum and set it up.

I found the cafe staff helpful and friendly. Of course the shop is selling a load of stuff to tourists but they do have some good products - and bear in mind the tourist season in Leeane is very short and people have to make a living. With buyers paying 1-1.50 Euros a fleece you can see there's not much to be made from keeping sheep.

Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I liked the good value on offer for well made Irish products. The manager was very friendly. Well worth a visit for an authentic souvenir.

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“...poached salmon salad.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

...was lovely! It was so good that we had to return and check that it was always so nice - we were not disappointed! The cafe is great!
I bought some wool which knits up beautifully but the selection of patterns was very disappointing. I bought a pattern which I decided to adapt. I should think that anyone buying wool at the shop would want to buy a pattern too. It would be good to have a nice selection. The wool is very pretty and has a pleasing selection of colours.
The shop has a good variety of gifts at a range of prices.

1 Thank Eibhi