“Returned home refreshed and revitalised”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Galway, Ireland
“Returned home refreshed and revitalised”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I and my significant other have just returned from 3 nights at Delphi Mountain Resort & Spa - it was my third visit, his first and we'd both go back again after a lovely stay. The food was delicious (bar, restaurant and breakfasts), the thermal suite fabulous (my view, he didn't partake preferring the mountainy stuff outside), and engagements with the staff a pleasure. Karina, Iwona, John, Aileen, and Louise in the spa couldn't have been more helpful or personable no matter how long or short the conversations were. Once or twice - in the opinion of each of us, together and separately - different members of the reception staff were a little brusque although the hotel was quiet when we were there. But that wouldn't stop me returning to this haven of peace and comfort. A gem.

Room Tip: We'd upgraded to a loft suite on the ground floor, but I wouldn't do it again. Bed and full...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Burrenee
delphimountainresort, Owner at Delphi Resort, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Burrenee,
Thank you for your fantastic review. It’s always a pleasure to welcome you back to the Resort and I’m so glad you enjoyed your third visit to us. The Chef is thrilled with such positive feedback, as are the other Staff members you named so thank you for that. It is so important to us that every single encounter with our Staff are of a very positive and high standard and I take any comments that they are not at this level extremely seriously so thank you for your comments.
I look forward to your fourth return visit and hope you have an even more enjoyable trip next time round.
Rory Concannon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
cork
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We returned to Delphi Mountain Resort after an enjoyable stay in 2010, and found very little to have changed - in a good way! The staff were friendly, in particular the bar-man/night porter. We enjoyed the Thermal Suite again, and our room was perfect. The bar and restaurant were both as good as we remembered, although the bar menu had changed and no longer offered a few things we loved last time! Would highly recommend to anyone just looking to get away and relax in a more welcoming setting than the usual hotel atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pandacubCork
Dear pandacubCork,
I’m so glad to read your fantastic review, thank you so much for your comments. I’m delighted to see you enjoyed relaxing and felt so welcomed by our Staff. We are constantly reviewing and improving our food selections so next time you visit be sure to put forward any preferences or suggestions, we love feedback here in Delphi.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I visited Delphi for the second time, but this time it was a girly night away with friends.

We had a beautiful two bedroomed suite which was spacious, comfortable and had beautiful views from all windows.
We had a blissful afternoon in the spa, where no one had a watch and time just stood still while we enjoyed the lovey thermal suite and treatments. Every single member of staff ensured our visit was enjoyable.

We had a very delicious meal and a very relaxed night where we laughed and bonded. Sounds corny, but we were all so relaxed and happy, the night just slipped by.

I will certainly go back and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank louoflynn
Dear louoflynn,
I’m delighted you and the other ladies enjoyed your girly night away with us here in Delphi. That’s fantastic to see you all managed to relax and joy the Spa facilities and Meals. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future hopefully.
Galway
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have just returned from an overnight at Delphi Mountain Resort, a little oasis nestled in the Delphi Valley. As it was midweek, the hotel was quieter which is exactly what I needed to relax and connect with myself. From the moment I parked my car, I could feel the lovely energy. peace and tranquility of this beautiful place in the midst of spectacular mountains.
On arrival at reception I was greeted with a warm welcome, staff members were very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed a delicous lunch and dinner in the upstairs bar overlooking the mountains....blissful, excellent service.
I spent time relaxing in the thermal suite looking out into the colourful Mweelrea mountain, walked around the forest and cycled (bike compliments of the hotel) around the stunning Doolough lake.

Compliments to all staff members!

Lookiing forward to going back real soon with my family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cathy L
Dear Cathy L,
Thank you for such lovely feedback. I’m really happy to read you felt it was an oasis and we managed to provide you with the standard of service we aim to achieve constantly, that of excellence. Really glad you made use of our complimentary bike and helmet hire. We look forward to having you back to Delphi with your Family next time.
Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Just back from a visit to Delphi having always wanted to go.

I would give a big thumbs up to this hotel. To get the negatives out of the way - I would not think it worth the full price as advertised on the hotel website (we were on a very discounted package). And I really think that to get the real Delphi experience you would have to be there in the quiet season - I can't imagine if feels like a 'retreat' when the hotel is full.

This place is in a lovely remote location at the foot of mountains near Killary Harbour and the scenery around is fab. The hotel itself is tastefully constructed and suits the mountainside location - lots of timber used rather than PVC, no huge walls and fences.

The room we got was a reasonable size - superking bed - a little on the dark side - and bathroom quite small, but adequate. We asked about moving to a room with a balcony and this was accommodated. Then staff came back again and we also were offered the option of upgrading to a suite for an additional charge per night and went for it - with the weather we knew we would be spending a lot of time indoors and the suite had a living room, huge balcony and bigger bathroom. Well worth it.

The food in the hotel was really good quality. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of options and great service. The bar-food was lovely and I didnt consider it unreasonably priced given we were in the middle of nowhere and they could probably have charged a lot more as a result! We had the set menu at the restaurant as it was included in the package but if it hadnt been included I would have thought was a small bit on the expensive side. But at the same time, it tasted fab.

The Spa is not particularly big, I suppose you would seat about 10 /12 people comfortably in the giant jacuzzi, and loungers for relaxing are also limited. As a result you might have to 'book in' to insure they can accommodate you. Treatments were very good.

The cost of the activities did seem quite steep to me (€50 per adult for 2 land based activities or 1 water-based) so I was kind of glad that it rained for the duration of our stay so we decided not to do them!! However they have bikes for complimentary use and were happy to give you advice on walking nearby. Its a great spot to just chill out and read. Newspapers and books in the library, a few board games, wi-fi in the lobby and on-off mobile phone reception at the front of the hotel. NO TVs!!

Staff were lovely, really professional and friendly, but at the same time relaxed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bos78
Dear Bos78,
I’m really delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Delphi Mountain Resort. Thank you for the thumbs up and for the great Staff feedback. I have passed it onto all Staff.
I’m so glad you appreciated the building structure and facilities, Delphi is based on nature and sustainability and it was build and is maintained with this in mind always. We are extremely lucky in that even when we are full it is still a very peaceful and restful getaway as our Guests are often out on land or water activities, enjoying an organic treatment in our Spa or just walking our private forested grounds or surrounding lakes and fjord.
I’m thrilled to see that you made use of our complimentary bikes and nearby walks. Our activities really are fantastic and I’d love you to partake in an Adventure the next time you visit us. Health and safety is at the core of everything we create in Delphi and we are really proud to say that it is the longest running Adventure Centre in Ireland with way above standard Health & Safety procedures and processes. All of our Instructors are highly qualified by external bodies, as well as from our own training centre and we are extremely strict on Instructor to Guest ratios.
Thanks again for your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back next time round.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great location and views. Climbed Mweelrea which is out the back of the resort. At 840m it is a much tougher challenge than mountains of similar height.

The term adventure centre gives a different impression, than the high quality of the venue. SPA is small but very clean and excellent.

Bar food is very good quality

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank bottlesirl
Dear bottlesirl,
Thank you for such a lovely review. Well done on climbing Mwellrea, that’s a tough challenge. I’m delighted you enjoyed our award winning Hotel and Spa facilities, as well as the Adventure side.
Reviewed 4 February 2012

While planning my trip to Ireland, I planned to spend time hiking, visiting old friends, and staying at a mix of hotels and B&B's. I found this location on a web search, when I was looking to book a 'spa break'. I enjoyed a lovely drive to Delphi, and was incredibly surprised when I checked in. I was greeted warmly, and showed to my room which was an oasis in itself. I had barely been in my room 5 minutes when I returned to the desk to ask if I could book the room a few more nights -- I knew immediately that I wanted to extend this part of my trip! Service was incredible -- one of the staff even offered to loan me their personal hiking gear!

My next trip to Ireland will definitely include a leisurely stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Irishimp17
Dear Irishimp17,
What a fantastic review, I’m thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I’m really glad we were able to have you stay with us longer than originally planned. I’m delighted our Staff made you feel so welcome while you were here. We can’t wait to have you stay with us on your next trip to Ireland.
Rory Concannon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Leenane Hotel
#5 of 14 in Westport
Ashford Castle
Ashford Castle
#1 of 3 in Cong

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!