“I miss Delphi!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“I miss Delphi!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visited Delphi last weekend with a group of work colleagues, and from start to finish I enjoyed every minute of it. The staff were amazing, the hotel itself is gorgeous, the area and scenery is unbelievable and I had such a great time. The level of service was second to none and throughout the weekend we were treated like kings and queens. We all left Delphi on Sunday not wanting to go and we've been talking since about how we wish we were back there! It felt very special and the experiences I had will stay with me for life. Being carried along by a wave through a dark cave (I didn't mean to rhyme there) after plucking up the courage to jump off the side of a cliff, kayaking in a spectacular fjord on a calm and clear Sunday morning, even when I was knee deep in muck, in the middle of the bog I was so happy. The food was fab, and there wasn't a moment when I wasn't enjoying myself. We became so friendly with the staff from the moment that we arrived, that we were laughing and joking with them for the whole weekend. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face! I would recommend this place to anyone. When I went onto their page here, I did what everyone does and I had a look at the bad reviews. I felt like I was reading about a different place, because nothing could be further from the truth in my eyes. I think for people who go onto websites like these and write bad reviews, the fact that they had a bad time is more down to them than anything else. So don't mind those eejits! I know that the group of people that visited Delphi will share a collectively amazing experience that we can hold onto forever... Until we visit again! I'm already looking forward to my next stay.

1 Thank Ann G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Donegal
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have used trip advisor for many years and many trips and you could say I've used it selfishly in that I've never written any reviews myself but this past weekend the experience I had at Delphi Mountain Resort has spurred me into action. It is rare, extremely rare to find a place which ticks all the boxes, somewhere when you're leaving you can't think of a single thing you'd change. Firstly the location is stunning - as you travel along the last 5 miles you can literally feel yourself decompress and when you arrive you find a beautiful low set stone building that blends beautifully into the natural beauty that surrounds it. When you enter Delphi you're immediately greeted with a beautiful fireplace with a cosy fire lighting and a bright airy reception area. The predominantly wood surrounds are calming and the welcome is warm and friendly. From the first moment the staff couldn't have been any more helpful - we were a group of 12 friends and our rooms had all been chosen nearby. We had a variety of room types -the 2 bedroom suite where I stayed was fabulous -as was the loft suite, the luxury suite and the single rooms we had taken . The fact there is no mobile phone reception whatsoever & no TV's in the room was a welcome escape from the techy world and it meant that people genuinely interacted and got to know one another better without the distraction of texts and beeps going off every two minutes. There is wifi in the common areas where people could check in if needs be but people soon became used to not thinking about it. I visited the spa twice. I had a wrap with Linzi and a deep cleansing facial with Eileen and I really enjoyed the experience. The spa is beautiful with a fabulous thermal suite with superb views from the Jacuzzi and lounger areas. Rose was fantastically helpful and informative when it came to choosing products and I left fully armed with a new skincare regime. Overall my stay at Delphi was fantastic - and I will most definitely be back. If you're looking for a fabulous break away from it all in beautiful surroundings with lovely staff then this is the place for you!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have just come back from an amazing weekend spent at the little piece of heaven that is Delphi Mountain Resort. The accomodation is superb, the setting amazing and the staff are the perfect mixture between professional and laidback. Coming from a five star hotel backround myself I could find no fault with anything!
While in delphi I took part in some of their more adventurous activites which I may under other circumstances have found daunting but under the care and supervision of such enthusiactic and professional guides I thouroughly enjoyed all of them!! I havent laughed so much in ages!
Anybody looking for an absolute escape from reality need look no further. Thank you Delphi!!

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We needed a complete break after hectic family wedding. Delphi is just what we needed. We were very impressed with both reception area and lovely staff. Our beautifully appointed suite was a surprise. Balcony with superb views of mountains and absolute peace . I booked a message package in the spa and over two days had mini pedicure, eyebrow and eyelash colour and wonderful back and neck message. What a treat. Lying on loungers sipping relaxing tea and nibbling fresh fruit after a treatment, while looking up at clouds passing over mountain tops has to be one of my best memories if Delphi. We ate in restaurant on first night and had really lovely meal. The breakfast was excellent, huge choice in the buffet and I could order from staff as well. Everywhere we encountered staff they were very friendly accommodating. Lots of activities for all ages and I would thoroughly recommend . Beautiful place in beautiful surroundings. Thank you all.

Room Tip: We had 6A and it was wonderful.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We arrived here on a Friday after work. Having never been before, I didn't realise how remote it was! We got a very good deal of €149 per person for 2 night B&B and one dinner. Such brilliant value.
We arrived late on Friday night, checked in to very friendly staff and chilled out in the room with a bottle of wine a Board Game that we brought (having heard in advance that there are no TV's in the hotel). We were staying out in the duplex buildings out the back. The rooms are just like hotel rooms. I thought they were a little small but they were extremely clean with a magnificent view of the mountains out the back - we were upstairs and had a gorgeous wooden balcony with a lovely table and chairs.

Saturday morning we got up and went to breakfast. It was a lovely healthy buffet, and plenty of extras which can be ordered from staff too. The service, while friendly, was a bit slow.
We went and booked into the thermal suites in the afternoon then. I would advise to do this in advance of your trip as they are quite busy.

We took off for a walk up the mountains for a few hours - the weather was amazing. We came back and went into the thermal suites for a few hours. Lovely fresh cut fruit, cold water, and herbal teas are available while you relax. I've never seen anything like it, it was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. There was a lovely Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

While there are no tvs in the hotel, there was one set up in one of the outside lodges (where school groups stay) for the All Ireland Final. The staff were very accommodating and even let us order and eat some bar food while we ate.

We went to dinner that evening - our offer included a 3 course meal. The food was spectacular, I got the fish was so fresh having been caught out on the lake. Again, the staff were extremely diligent and friendly.

We got up the next morning, had another filing breakfast and went for a walk before our 12pm check out (very reasonable time).

While I didn't think the hotel was top notch 5 stars immaculate hotel, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will most definitely return.

The only complaint I have is that we didn't have enough time to do all the activities. There was plenty on offer between sea and land activities. We went as 2 couples, there was a hen party there the same weekend, and during the week there are often school trips with groups of kids. There is something there for everyone.

Room Tip: We were in the duplex buildings out the back, ask for an upstairs one if you are staying there as th...
Dublin
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I Spent a weekend here recently with my sister and I have to say that I was completely underwhelmed by the whole experience. While I cant completely fault anything in particular, I came away disappointed after spending €500 for 2 nights.

While the location was lovely and perfect for exploring Connemara, I think I was expecting a pampering, exclusive Spa getaway but instead I felt that the Hotel was really more geared towards the Activity side of things.

To get to our room (we had booked a Luxury Suite), we walked for about 2 minutes, passing groups of people, milling in and out of rooms containing bunk beds. We were not offered assistance with our luggage.

The room itself was spacious and clean - beds were comfy though pillows a bit hard for my taste. We had a large balcony which looked onto the mountain. Again, while adequate there was no feeling of luxury and the Decor was very basic. Also, While I understand the theory around not having TV's, there is literally nothing to do in this area in the evenings so I think that the choice to watch TV or not should be available to guests.

We had dinner on one evening and this was very nice and service was good. Breakfast was in the same room the next morning and was good apart from the cooked breakfast. The Sausages & Black & White pudding were completely colorless and as a result were difficult to eat - not sure if they were steamed as a healthy option, but we could not eat them as they looked raw.

We also used the Spa and I was really disappointed to find that there was no pool! ;o( OK, I know it is located near the coast so that is an option for swimming but its Ireland, not Spain?? The closest Pool is 45 minute drive away. Seaweed bath and other treatments we had were lovely and we spent an hour in the Jacuzzi/Sauna area before hand which was nice and came equipped comfortable loungers facing the mountains to relax on.

I was however appalled to discover that guests of the Hotel/Lodge were only entitled to 1 free hour in the Jacuzzi/relaxation area?? After this 1 free hour, there was a charge for any additional time!! €500 for 2 nights and I have to pay to use the Steamroom after 1 hour is up!! This is ridiculous! I understand if you would be required to perhaps book during peak time to avoid the area becoming too busy but to restrict access to paying guests - not on!

Wifi was available in the lobby, no phone coverage but this did not bother me. Carpark is available outside the Hotel but space very limited on the Saturday night of our stay.

All the Staff we encountered were very friendly and cant be faulted, though a request for 1 hour extension to check out time was a definitive "no", despite the fact that we had treatments booked which made it difficult.

To summerise! Perfect for a no frills, hostel type, activity weekend with a group - definitely not worth paying extra for a room as there are really no additional perks for the extra cost!

For a Luxury Spa weekend or looking for something a bit special I would not return - there are better options elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Cultchie
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Not gonna lie...this place was hard to find but at least if you get lost you are surrounded by amazing views! If you think you are lost just keep driving & you will shortly see a sign to turn right. Our GPS told us we had arrived our destination when we were staring a mountain & a couple sheep! Unfortunately the lodge was behind that mountain and our GPS woman was unaware of that! Luckily we gave the resort a quick call and Aileen assured us we were almost there. She was right! We pulled in and walked straight into a beautiful hard wood floored lodge w/ a fireplace burning and warm welcomed greeting from Aileen. The resort offers many activities so it's suitable for everyone..from couples who want to escape to large families with lots of kids. It was like a maze to our room but once there we were pleased with the space and the view from the balcony. The hotel offers two eating areas..the main restaurant and the bar. We opted for the bar area. It's dimly lit and very romantic actually for a couple but good amount of space for a family with an infant who don't want to try their luck at getting through dinner without interruptions. When it was time for our departure Brian the manager made sure we knew where we were headed and gave us plenty of helpful advice on things to do along our journey.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryan902, General Manager at Delphi Resort, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for the lovely review guys and glad to see that you made it home safely back to Texas.
Hope that you got to see The Burren in all its glory on the way!
Kind regards
Bryan and Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Leenane Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cong
Westport Coast Hotel
Westport Coast Hotel
#5 of 14 in Westport

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!