Delphi Resort
US$215
US$183
Killary Lodge(Leenane)
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor activitiesthermal suiteseaweed bathspa treatmentsloft roomchef's tablehigh ropesmountain bikingadventure activitiesspa areabreathtaking sceneryget away from it allkillary fjordrock climbingzip liningrelaxation roomno mobile phone coverage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I recently spent a fantastic weekend at Delphi Mountain Resort. Being from nearby Galway, I'm fairly familiar with the area but had never stayed at delphi before, but can honestly say I'll definitely be going back. We arrived early Saturday morning for a day of activities and one night stay. We were greeted by the Manager who was extremely friendly and helpful and made sure everything was in order with our day's activities and our room.

The place itself is just beautiful, and you really feel like you're away from it all. After a morning of kayaking on the fjord, we arrived back to a lovely lunch, and checked into our room, which was amazing - huge room, luxurious carpets, big comfortable beds, a bathroom you could spend the evening in ! The afternoon was spent on the high wires and zip ropes, a definite buzz . We found the instructors both of the morning and afternoon to be extremely friendly and professional.

That evening we had dinner in the restaurant, and I have to say this was one of the highlights of our stay. Being a bit of a foodie, I was looking forward to it all day, having seen the menu that morning, and it certainly didn't disappoint. After a difficult decision (i wanted everything !) I had the scallops to start, which were exquisite, and monkfish for main. Both dishes were perfectly cooked and presented beautifully. The food and the service all evening couldn't be faulted, and we certainly felt we got value for money.

After a delicious breakfast the next morning we bid farewell to delphi, and our only regret was that we hadn't booked in for longer, or hadn't made time for the spa. I'm already planning my next trip..

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We are just back home after spending a long weekend in Delphi Mountain Resort, I went with my wife and our two small kids (2 and 4 Months).

I had been to Killary about 10 years staying a nearby adventure center so I knew what to expect, but I have to say I have forgotten how beautiful the area around Delphi is.

The outside of the resort is actually quite nice and different but manages to settle in to the countryside without being too obvious or out of place.

the reception area is all wooden panels with a huge fireplace and compy sofas .. more like a large living room in a log cabin than a hotel, we checked in no problem and the staff were really friendly.

We had booked one of the suites because of the kids and the manager took us to the suite, It was situated in a beautiful courtyard which had a lovely rock garden in the center and with wooden balconies around the top level.

our suite was on two levels and I have never stayed in anythere as nice, the room for our daughter had a huge double bed to herself on the first floor with an en-suite (which we locked of course!) On our floor we had a large living room and a massive bedroom with an ensuite that contained a large oval bath which the whole family could fit in!! and big shower.

We had access to the Balcony from the bedroom and the living room, I was up early one morning and I actually spotted a Salmon leap in the river just outside the window

The room was Immaculate and had some amazing framed photos from the local area on all the walls.

We ate dinner and lunch in the restraurent both times the food was exceptional, my wife who is not a big veggie fan fell in love with the chefs ratatouille , which got a bit embarrassing when she asked the chef for the recipe!!

The Staff i have to say where great, they could not do enough for his, we booked a baby sitter there for one night so that we could chill and a few drinks in the bar .. which had a great sing song going on! Everyone was really friendly.

We took turns doing the activities and Spa .. I went Kayaking and on the Hire-ropes . both times I went out with strangers and came back with friends!

My wife spent some time win the Spa and didn't have any compliants, She said the view from inside the relaxion area is amazing with great big windows.

Overall we had a great time and I could not fault the place, it is just amazing. I can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank SeanCa
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Well done Delphi for getting it right, this is what a "spa resort" is all about. From the very warm welcome to the quality of the workmanship in the rooms - particularly the suites - the tone of this place is just perfect. This is a place to get away from it all for a few days. There are no loud tv's in the room next door, no annoying mobile phone conversations outside your room, just peace and quiet, spectacular views, discreet and efficient staff and great food. Couple this with a spa centre which my wife wouldnt leave and a whole host of outdoor activities i.e. surfing on Cross Beach, kayaking in Killary Fjord and some incredible hill walking and there is something here for everyone looking to take a quality break from busy lives. Bring a camera and leave your phone at home!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I'm not one for reviews either but after reading some of those off the wall reviews I decided to voice how pleasant and relaxing our stay was. There were 16 in our group and not 1 of us had any of the complaints outlined in other reviews. After a day of activities and a spa treatment (which was fab!) we were treated to a beautiful 4 course meal and a bus into Leenane for a few drinks. A truly beautiful location and very relaxing atmophere in very comfortable surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Had one night in the Delphi Mountain Resort.

Good points - Quality of the food, water, air and bed. Female Matradee at restaurant.

Bad points - Hotel setting/design made horrific use of a beautiful location. Spa, bedroom (zero view), general service and ambiance.

Hotel - Designed by a hobbit with no concept of maximising the beauty of the mountains. It is a poor half way house between rough & ready adventure camp and luxury eco-resort.

Spa - very average; sea weed bath was set in a darkened room with zero ambiance and actually very little sea weed. The "thermal suite" was comprised of a sauna (cool - all heat lost through single pane windows), a grubby steam room, and over chlorinated hot tub. Some beautiful scenery was obscured by poorly designed windows and being in view of the rear car park.

The bar, restaurant area and deck area has potential, still the limited views of the stunning mountains and no Guinness on draught (cans only!). The large deck area was used to store general items, staff smoke breaks and two patio heaters.

The food was excellent , as was the polish matradee (though not cheap 3 course dinner for 2, no wine = 100 euros+). Breakfast would have been great if we could have had the buffet stocked with the necessary items at the same time.

Overall - more management, quality and direction required. We paid over 300euros for one night. Given our experience I would struggle to recommend this hotel. It is not a destination experience in its own right.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple