“A little bit of heaven on earth”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to this hotel I feel that it retains it's peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. I have been staying at this hotel for a few years now and it is always on our list for a well deserved break away. Our last break was given to us as a Christmas present and we used it in June before our baby was born. I noticed that some parts of the hotel's decor was getting a little 'tired' looking and needs some updating but this can be expected with general wear and tear. We always enjoy dining in both the bar and restaurant where the staff are exceptional! We also enjoy using the spa when we visit. As part of our voucher a seaweed bath was included. I rang before hand inquiring if I could change this treatment and pay the difference or even use my husband's bath to supplement a different treatment as I had already had a seaweed bath there on a previous stay.As I was 7 months pregnant I didn't want it. Unfortunately there was no budge on this, even after asking them in person,we had no other option but to take the seaweed bath. This annoyed me as I am a regular guest in this hotel and I have always enjoyed our stay there. That is the only negative thing that I can say about Delphi resort, unfortunately. We haven't been back since. Overall it is a great hotel with so much going for it. Generally this hotel has everything you want. It's a pity that our last visit was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Offalymammy

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were staying in Galway for a few days and wanted to experience the wilds of Connemara. After looking on here we opted to book in for the night and we were not disappointed! We booked a suite and the views were stunning! We had a huge balcony. The suite consisted of a separate lounge area with doors to balcony from the bedroom and lounge area. The bathroom is also large and has a beautiful bath and separate shower. The setting is very much in the heart of the country with sheep roaming around the car park. The staff were very attentive and food excellent..Lamb Shank was unreal and the breakfast choice was vast. We also visited the thermal suite, it was very well maintained and an excellent bonus for the stay. There are no tv's and no wifi in the rooms so a great way to reconnect and disconnect all at once! Great place, luxury accommodation with relaxed charm, hard to find and this place has it in heaps!! I look forward to my next stay, I'll definately be trying out the activity side of things.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the mountain and the lake at the back
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend for the weekend at the beginning of March and I have never been so blown away by a mix of isolated, breathtaking beauty, a resort which had a real family friendly feel where you can do anything from mountain biking to coasteering to just relaxing in the lovely spa. There is limited mobile coverage which might not work for some but adequate wifi areas around. There was quite a bit of work going on around the resort and quite alot of sheep around.. and I'm not sure what this would be like in high season but for us, this is as close to the perfect spot as we have ever found and we will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: book the adventure activities and treatments in advance
1  Thank Pearl D
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed there recently for a weekend break. The hotel boasts a beautiful location, enclosed by snow-capped mountains on all sides – and the abundance of windows throughout the main building and the guest rooms captures this perfectly! It’s also a great base for exploring local attractions – we visited Kylemore and Diamond Hill, Letterfrack during our stay, and the journey to get to Delphi is an attraction in itself!

We stayed in a basic double room – no TV, but that was fine with us! There was a balcony and full-sized windows on one wall with great views over the mountains.The bathroom was clean and well-fitted, with a good shower. The bed was warm and very comfortable, and the room was a pleasant temperature. Our room was in a courtyard a little removed from the main hotel, so was completely undisturbed by noise from the corridors/neighbouring rooms, and was pitch black when we turned off the room lights. Got a great night’s sleep!

Have to rave about the restaurant, where options are limited, but the food is all delicious and locally-sourced. And excellent value, with a choice of three courses for €32.50 or two courses for €27.50. Given the quality of the food, we were very impressed with our meal overall. Again, I was very impressed with breakfast, which is not the usual breakfast buffet, but a choice of several made-to-order dishes – full Irish, pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs – along with a self-service buffet of fruits, cereals, juices, breads, etc. and some sweet accompaniments (muffins and cookies)! The restaurant runs very efficiently, with a friendly manager and very pleasant waiters and waitresses.

Also, the spa was very busy while we were there, and we arrived in at the end of the day, but they were still very accommodating and let us use the thermal suite for the last twenty minutes of the day – the sauna and steam room were great. The staff in the spa seemed very friendly, and I’d recommend trying to book in advance to make sure you get in, to avoid disappointment on missing out!

I should probably add as a warning to others that we were completely uncontactable for most of our time there – I had no phone signal, but there is good wifi in the reception/restaurant/bar/library areas.

All in all, I have been raving to all my friends about what a lovely escape from reality our stay at the Delphi Mountain Resort was – it was like being in a luxurious foreign hotel for the night – and I can’t wait to go back and stay for an extra few days!

1  Thank ClaireyKontrary
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights, a few hiccups with room but immediately rectified. Staff are very friendly and food is lovely. Ambience is stress free and the area is beautiful. Highly recommend it. The people working here really to out of their way to make sure everyone is enjoying their stay. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fabrap
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. The staff immediately made us feel welcome. The loft suite was very big and very comfortable. The foos was delicious and we will definitely be returning in the future. There is no phone reception or tv in the rooms which I loved. There is wi-fi in the main reception. The spa is quite small but there were only a few other couples around. The staff were more than helpful and there was no air of stress a out the place. A definite 10/10.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had an amazing time on our weekend stay in Delphi. The surrounding area is breathtakingly beautiful. All around are beautiful drives and walks and it is so relaxing to be out in the unspoilt countryside. The hotel itself is top class. All the staff were so friendly and professional, happy to give advice and their local knowledge to help us enjoy our stay. The food was great with great service to match and the room was above all expectations with a stunning view of the mountains. While we were there we went kayaking on Killary Harbour with Mark from the Adventure Centre, again we have only good things to report. Friendly, professional service in spectacular surroundings. After our exertion on the fjord we went back to the hotel spa to relax in the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. We had an amazing weekend and we will definitely be returning, ever since we've been recommending it to everyone we know. Awesome.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Leenane Hotel
#1 of 1 in Renvyle
Ashford Castle
Ashford Castle
#1 of 3 in Cong

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!