Have just spent 3 days here over a long weekend, and have come back totally relaxed. It was my first experience of this resort. The excellent weather has helped, but that's not all. Firstly, the location is terrific, though a little bit of the beaten track for some. The views over the mountain from the restaurant and bar area are great and you have a sense of being out in the wilderness. It is more of an upmarket lodge than a hotel. We stayed in the deluxe double rooms which was a reasonable size, though there are other choices available. WI-Fi is available in the rooms and the general reception areas, though it can be a bit slow at peak times as everyone tries to log on simultaneously. It's useful to have as there is no signal available most of the time for cellular networks, which is no harm - a chance to get away from it all. Also, there is only one television in the hotel which is really only used for watching special events in a separate area away from the bar/restaurant/lounges.The staff are extremely friendly in helpful on all parts of the hotel. Overall, the food is very good, though the breakfast tends to be a little over cooked. We participated in kayaking, archery and snorkeling. In all cases, the equipment was of a high standard and the staff were extremely capable, helpful and clearly well-trained and experienced. All of the adventures were a fun experience. The scenery in the surrounding area is AMAZING, though I mus emphasis we have terrific weather which helped enormously. I would definitely return here and would recommend to anyone who is reasonably fit and willing to give things a try - a great place to go if you have young family, as there is sufficient choice of activities to suit all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From warm Irish hospitality to exquisite food, outdoor adventure to ultimate relaxation, Delphi Resort is the place to escape to, to enlighten your lust for life, awaken your senses and truly embrace Ireland's magnificent landscape and scenery, all from the comfort of the 300 acre resort. Delphi Resort is located in the heart of the scenically breath-taking Delphi Valley, near Leenane, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland. With its stunning scenic location, Delphi is a world apart and a haven for romantic getaways, special occasions, adventure-filled family holidays and wellness escapes. Situated just 10 mins from Leenane, Connemara, 30 mins from Westport and 80 mins from Galway City, Delphi Resort is surrounded by magical scenic drives along the Wild Atlantic Way. If looking to explore the area, Kylemore Abbey and Connemara National Park are located just 30 mins away, with Louisburgh and Croagh Patrick just 20 mins away - making Delphi Resort the perfect base for those that want to get settled at the resort and for those that like to travel and see the sights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Superbreak UK and TripOnline SA so you can book your Delphi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphi Mountain Resort And Spa
- Delphi Mountain Hotel Leenane
- Hotel Delphi Mountain