“Delphi mountian resort”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Derry Ireland
“Delphi mountian resort”
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I have just returned from spending three wonderful days in Delphi Mountain resort. My self and my sister were surfing for the first time in our lives even though neither of us could swim! (both of us are in the 45-55 age group).The instructors, Chris and Christina were very patient and helpful. We had a beautiful cycle along the lake on our own. The scenery was spectacular. We spent some time in the health suite - had a seaweed bath and then made use of the steam room and jacuzzi etc. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The food was first class. The room was magnificent. Even the weather and the midges didn't spoil our enjoyment. I would strongly recommend Delphi Mountain Resort to anyone who wants a 'different' kind of holiday.

Moira Burns

1 Thank PennyQDerryIreland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Hotel is in a spectacular location, although off the beaten track directions provided on the hotel website were spot on. We stayed here for 1 night on our way back from a few days in Galway.

We were greated by a friendly receptionist who showed us to our rooms, we were advised check in was at 4pm but although we turned up shortly after 1.30 we were shown to a standard room immediately. Room was lovely, very spacious, it was great to have no tv and no mobile phones for the duration of our stay.

We ate in the bar for lunch andhad the most amazing seafood chowder and a lovely glass of Muscadet sitting in awe looking at the views from all of the windows was really amazing.

We ate in the bistro on the evening and this was probably the only disapointment of the whole stay, when checking in the receptionist asked if we wished to book to eat in the resort, we were given the choice of the restaurant or bistro, I asked what the differences where and was adv ised the bistro was a smaller menu but that was it. When we arrived in the bistro and saw the food we asked could we goto the restaurant instead as we were so looking forward to the evening meal as lunch was so good, unfortunatey the bistro did not live up to this and the restaurant was booked out. It was extremely reasonable price wise but just wasn't the standard of our earlier lunch. The bistro seemed to be more family orientated.

We stayed in a standard room and it was lovely, great views and a huge comfortable bed with a gorgeous throw to snuggle into.

We didn' t try any of the spa treatments or the outdoor activities as my partner was on crutches due to a broken leg, we would definitely come back here once recouperated and try out the activities and indulge in some spa treatments.

Would highly recommend for a stylish break in a spectacular location.

Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cazni
Fife,Scotland
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Enjoyed a 4 day break in mid July with 2 kids aged 11 and 13. Our room was a family suite which was spacious and comfortable. Beautiful views and no tv added to the pleasant atmosphere. The staff across the board were all pleasant and attentive throughout our stay.
Food in the restaurant is pricey but good and the bar food is equally good albeit a little limited in terms of choice. The designof the bar and its deck are superb, maximising the fantastic setting.
The activities were all well run by enthusiastic and knowledgable staff and our kids were able to happily go off on their own to do some of these.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Cuban-Heals
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My girlfriend took me away for a couple of nights for my birthday, and told me which direction we were heading in the car, but I had no idea where we would end up. I was amazed and delighted as we ended our 5-hour trek to pull up outside the Delphi Mountain Resort & Spa.

The setting is absolutely stunning, nestled amongst the mountains with a river outside the front door. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we stepped in the front door, with the friendly night receptionist checking us in with a smile and taking us to our room. His helpfulness was matched throughout the hotel; the restaurant staff could not have been more helpful at both breakfast and dinner. On which note the food was lovely - breakfast was good and plentiful, and the evening meal was wonderful. The staff were attentive and helpful without being intrusive, an attitude that suited the laidback atmosphere of the place. Another dinner guest made a point of complaining about the length time between main course and dessert (almost 20 whole minutes). I'm not sure what his hurry was, the hotel is miles from anywhere, so he could hardly have been rushing off, and how often does he get to eat his dinner with such stunning views. There's no pleasing some people...

We loved every moment there, and the lack of TVs in rooms and no mobile reception made it a very pleasant place to be cut adrift from civilisation for 48 hours. We didn't indulge in any spa treatments of outdoors activity but would certainly give both a go, when we go back. And I'm certain we'll go back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thunderball
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 July 2009

My wife, my son and myself stayed here for a few days and enjoyed the stunning scenery and location of this great hotel/spa. It is located only 10 minutes drive from Leenane (on the Killary fjord) and about 15 minutes from Louisberg. The mountain scenery is probably the best in Ireland. The hotel caters for those wanting to explore, walk, hike etc but also has a good spa facility for those wanting to relax. One of the best features of the place is the excellent restaurant . The staff are friendly and helpful. It's a quiet relaxing place although at times there was a lot of noise late at night from teenagers running around both inside and outside the hotel. There is an activity centre/dormitary complex which is part of the Delphi resort right next to the hotel and it caters for large groups/clubs etc on adventure/activity weekends. It's a great place to stay - it was our second trip there this year and we'll be going back again soon.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Stayed for 3 nights from fri til mon Went with my 14 yr old son and we loved the outdoor activites Thanks to Shelly Alice and Don for making the trip worthwhile .Rock climbing Absailing and High Ropes were a pleasure to do with these people and Shelly again on Kayak duties They are a credit to Delphi Resort .Time they spent with everyone was great and lots of fun Rooms were incredible and loved the bath to soak in .After a slow start with the bar food on the friday things got better .Breakfast is a welcome to go for as it has a good range of food. Bistro is a welcome addition along with resturant .Lunch was really nice to have after morning session training and then it was out to do more activites in afternoon Defo going back soon All the staff really friendly and helpful We were shown to our room personally which was nice aftera a long journey by train then cab to the Delphi centre Keep working hard and thanks to all esp Rory and his great team Regard sShay Obrien

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Galway
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I wanted to go somewhere I could feel comfortable for a couple of days away on my own and this was the perfect place to go to. An open fire and a warm welcome from the receptionist greeted me on arrival.
The room I was shown to was all that I expected from the website-very spacoius and clean. I loved the luxurious blankets on the bed- it wasn't particularly cold out but it was so comfy in the evening after a days walking to wrap up in these.
I booked a treatment in the Spa and it was a fabulous experience. My therapist, Rose, was so professional and friendly while I relaxed and took it all in.Afterwards, I was left alone to enjoy the Spa facilities-jacuzzi; sauna etc and the backdrop of the mountains was the perfect getaway. The herbal tea and fruit I was offered was a nice touch and topped off a great experience.
Delphi was an experience in itself-I didn't feel I had to go elsewhere for anything. The food in the restaurant was really great and I felt very relaxed in the surroundings even though I was dining alone.
All in all, I will definately go back to Delphi when I need to recharge the batteries again. It's so close to Galway yet you really feel like you've had time out away from it all.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Leenane Hotel
#3 of 14 in Westport
Ashford Castle
Ashford Castle
#1 of 3 in Cong

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!