“A true taste of Ireland”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I recently booked an activity weekend in Delphi with my girlfriend and it has been the best holiday yet that I have been on. The hotel is beautiful with stunning mountain scenery.

The staff in the hotel are extremely friendly and very informative about the location. The evening dinner was delicious and the hotel rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable.

Would highly recommend to anyone and will hopefully be back to Delphi again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2010

We had a wonderful time last week in Delphi resort. The suites are very comfortable and spacious. The meal in the restaurant was excellent and the bar food is very good value and I'd recommend the lamb burger. I can't speakly highly enough about the staff at the reception, bar, restaurant and spa. The one gripe I would have is that we specifically came down to try surfing and although it wasn't available because of the weather, we weren't told well in advance and there weren't many alternative activities. If you are interested in water based activities best to check the weather beforehand so you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 March 2010

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in Delphi. This was a trip we were really looking forward to as we had stayed there in August 2009 and had a fantastic time!! However, this time for whatever reasons standards seem to have slipped a little. We are a pretty easy going pair so it was a culmination of little things which led to this review. We checked in having asked for in advance a room with a view - we were given a room overlooking the road and carpark - we didn't really mind and got on with the business of relaxing. The room did have a lot of cobwebs on the ceiling and the lamps but otherwise was meticulously clean. My main gripe was with the food - during our stay in 2009 we ate in the restaurant twice and it was sublime - the restaurant this time was standard fare that certainly was not 4 star that included dry, overdone duck and tasteless brille accompanied by bizarre piped and toasted potatoes (our meal was inclusive I certainly would not have paid for it) and the restaurant seems to have turned into a type of barren spot that lacked intimacy and ambience. Might be an idea to extend the bar food menu (food consistently good) and incorporate this into a restaurant menu as most food seemed to have been consumed in the beautiful bar area. On the positive the staff are so genuinely nice and friendly, the laid back atmosphere is fab,and the setting is amazing - I just expected the same experience I had last August.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

We live in Galway and wanted to go somewhere not too far for our wedding anniversary...so we choose Delphi! I was expecting a totally 4 star experience, but would really give it a 3 star! . now the location is breath taking and that is its saving grace! I read some of the reviews here and I had similar experience with some:
- although we booked a loft room were taken to a 'cosy double', once we pointed this out she took us to our loft room
- the carpets were dirty along the hall way (not a great first impression)
- The staff didn't really have details on walks - we had to wait nearly 30 minutes to see someone who could advise us
- Don't ask for medium done for your duck - or you'll get over cooked (we gave this feedback to the waitress)
- The chimney smoke just clogged me up when I sat in the bar and my clothes smelled of smoke leaving
- The rooms were basic and not four star...

On the positive:
- The bar staff were lovely as were the restaurant staff, indeed many were very young but then I think it's that type of place - vibrant..
- The spa was a dream, I had one treatment here and loved it - pure bliss!
- The bar food and breakfast was top!

I would love to say I would come back here again, but it just didn't give me the WOW factor I was looking for! perhaps we will go further afield next time! It's a great place for kids and young backpackers - but think the prices are too high for what it is.

Totally off topic - Also, please be careful of the frogs that are mating around the grounds now! many hikers trod on them by mistake ---- so be careful!

1  Thank Jen_Muzza
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Met by very friendly staff, who showed us around and took us too room, everything easy, booking spa treatments, dinner reservations. Had a suite which couldnt fault. Great ambiance and friendly atmosphere. Dont usually return to hotels as too many places to visit, but will certainly taking a return trip to Delphi.

Only downside was had massage Sunday morning before leaving and going to knock airport, to find to foggy and diverted flight to shannon. Would advise anyone not to fly into knock this time of year!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
delphimountainresort, Owner Manager at Delphi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

Dear Dean,
Thanks a million fro your kind words. We are delighted that you had a great stay , let us know when you are comming back and we will check that all your flights etc are on time. I look forward to seeing you again soon , thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 February 2010

Just after spending a long weekend over valentines, got great value on a special they were offering. Arrived coming from Galway on the Friday evening and stayed till the Monday
We ate in the bar on Friday and Saturday night. Where the value for money on the food you get is outstanding, had a 3 course meal on Sunday night in the restaurant, the restaurant is more pricy than the bar, but you get what you pay for here, had the most amazing locally sourced seafood for starter and mains and without doubt the best Crème Brulee (raspberry and Chocolate) ive ever had the pleasure of.

The hotel is surrounded by mountains on all sides with only one or two other houses in about a 30 – 40 mile radius, the scenery is breath taking and a drive or walk through the area , you would wonder if they shot scenes from The Lord Of The Rings here.

We spent Saturday climbing Croke Patrick which is only 20mins away, after searching the various headlands and beaches for a bit of Surf, but there was not enough swell around. I spent Sunday walking , did a 6 hour hike along some rivers and up to some peaks over looking Killary habour, if it wasn’t for the crème brulee, it would have been the highlight of the weekend.

My wife spent the day in the Spa and spent the evening raving about it, so thumbs up there as well.

The hotel itself is a picture, it has been recently renovated from what I remembered coming to the adventure centre as a kid, and the new courtyard with its copper roof and stone gables, really sit in beautifully.

The adventure canter is still going and looks a lot more modern than I remembered it, we ended up not doing any activities but took and walk up through the woods and got to the see all the high wires and climbing frames and stuff.

All in all a wonderful 3 days …. Would recommend to all from families to a romantic getaway, staff were great and they sent a Rose and Chocolates down to the Room on Valentines day. Its the small details that impressed the most.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
delphimountainresort, Owner/ Manager at Delphi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

Dear Mr Duane,
Thanks a million for staying with us and taking the time to write about it. I hope that your anniversary was all you hoped it would be. I sent on your comments to all of the team here. It was great chatting to you about the surfing , I hope to see you back soon and maybe we can test your theories on cross beach! Thanks again
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 February 2010

We spent 2 great days in Delphi Mountain Resort and the accomodation and service was top class. We did a number of the activities and we also did some local hill walks which were made all the better by the great weather. Ideal location for families and plenty to keep everyone entertained. Will be back

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
delphimountainresort, Owner Manager at Delphi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2010

Dear Killian,
Thanks a million for taking the time to review your stay. We all really appreciate that you picked Delphi to spend some quality family time. I hope the transition back to real life wasn't too hard! Seriously though on behalf of the entire team thanks so much.Really delighted you had a great time.
Rory

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
Leenane Hotel
#1 of 1 in Letterfrack
Westport Coast Hotel
Westport Coast Hotel
#3 of 14 in Westport

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!