“"a perfect escape from the city"”
Review of Delphi Resort

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
Reviewed 24 October 2010

As always we gladly went west for a much needed mid-week break. We finished work in Dublin around 4 and drove west passed thru Galway and were in the heart of connemara about 3 hours later. We were immediately transfixed by the magical landscape, dark moody skies and imposing mountain ranges. We turned right out the road at Lenanne and the Delphi Mountain Resort was a welcome sight. We were greeted by an open peat fire and courteous receptionist. There was a buzzy atmosphere and big open interiors in an outdoorsy kinda way. The food that night was earthy & robust, the barman had a top mayo sense of humor dealing with two boisterous 2-year-olds. Our family apartment was designed with impeccable taste; a rustic approach with a chic twist, all very easy on the eye. The gigantic beds were super duper comfy. We all slept like the dead and woke revived and refreshed the next morning. We enjoyed healthy hearty breakfasts, stunning views and rugged scenery outside our window, the kids counted sheep instead of cartoons, spotted fishermen in the river and generally had an absolute ball running around in the fresh air and the well landscaped surroundings. We reverted to delectable room service the second night, monk fish cooked to perfection with a great house wine. The piece de resistance was amazingly for me the spa, I have been searching for good organic products for ages and finally I've found them. Great massages, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and rainbows out the window - heaven on earth, truly a wonderful and relaxing break. A day trip to The Connemara National Park, and a stop in Louisburg and Strokestown House Roscommon on our way home made the two-day trip more relaxing than a week away in the sun. Would thoroughly recommend for amazing scenery and outstanding service, we even met an Irish wolfhound called Cula Bula - A classic Western Adventure,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lara717

Reviewed 13 October 2010

My friends & I were in Delphi for the weekend recently & had such a brilliant time. It was the perfect mix of relaxation, fine dining & activites. The staff were so professional, yet so friendly & helpful. From the moment we arrived we were enjoying ourselves, probably because the bar stocked lovely wine! The activites were so diverse & the spa had so many treatments to offer, there was something for all of us. Our evening meal was of a very high standard, which we were a in agreement of. We plan to make it an annual event & would highly recommend Delphi to all ages. Jennifer, Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed here recently with my family and although i thought that the hotel was nice it is hugely overpriced for what is on offer! Also i don't understand why the hotel markets itself as in Connemara when it is clearly not in Connemara. Why don't they just state on the website that the hotel is in Bundoragha County Mayo which is exactly where the hotel is. I realise it uses Leenane PO as its address but it's extremely misleading to tourists who think they are staying in Connemara. The staff were very friendly though and our stay was pleasant i just think they need to reassess their pricing structure and marketing info.

Kind Regards

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Leenanelocal
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I've just returned from another amazing weekend in Delphi, yet again the whole experience was brilliant. We spent all day Saturday in the very capable hands of the activity centre staff, Kayaking followed by the Boulder Wall and then the highlight - the zip wire! It was just brilliant, its a great bonding experience for a group of friends. We then had a fab meal before retiring to our beautiful rooms with the comfiest beds in Ireland! I cant recommend it highly enough and it was fantastic value.
they really have the right idea, a fantastic, high quality service at great value, with really lovely staff.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I stayed with 7 friends very recently, and we were so looked after. The combination of activities, amazing countryside, fun, food and craic is a credit to the team (especially Aileen) at Delphi. There is so much to do, yet you fell like you are a million miles away from the noise of everyday life. The bar stayed open as long as we liked, all areas were very comfortable (gorgeous smells throughout the place), and it was such great value. I highly recommend Delphi and we will be making our trip there an annual occurance from now on!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Went with friends, ladies did relaxation - gents did activities.

initial welcoming wasnt too good as we were held up in traffic but did call ahead to say we would be 10 min late approx. we were abrubtly told that our treatments would have to be cut short. As it happened we were just on time but really rushed through, and treatments were still cut short, guess these girls had other ideas for a saturday evening but we did pay good money and would have expected a little more courtesy.
We ate in the restaurant both nights and havr to say the staff were fantastic, they were so attentive and could not do enough for you, an absolute credit to the delphi. Food was delicious also, very fresh and also the bar menu food looked fantastic too, although we did not have a chance to try this out.
Room was so comfortable, would have loved to take the bed home with me. We had the hugh bathroom - not as shown in their photo gallery, looks completely different and a wee bit mis-leading but was still lovely. Note our friends did not get thid type of bath so best to check when booking.
Activities as well as spa treatments were fantastic. Check out wasnt so smooth as on our deal we were offered a free bootle of wine with each treatment. This was not provided and didn't really matter apart from the check out assistant seemed to go to a great deal of trouble to prove us wrong. We ignored this and paid our bill in full but forwarded the e-mail confirmation of our booking. A few week later the cost of one bottle of wine was credited to our credit card and after another reminder our friends were also refunded same.
All in all we would most certainly return for the beautiful scenery, activities and spa.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I stayed here for three nights with my sister, we got a great package! In the line of thought that you get what you pay for we did not have huge expectations however those we did have were far exceeded! We called ahead to explain that we were running late at about 7pm and were informed by a very charming lady (with an american accent, Chris) that this was fine. On arrival we were greeted with a big smile from the same lady. Checkin was a refreshingly non business type affair (No credit card details required!) Before Chris began the expected upselling spiel she ascertained why we were staying, was it for an activity or spa break or just to relax? We informed her that it was for relaxation purposes only and she had lovely suggestions to match. She then brought us to a lovely room with a suiting room and balcony overlooking the stunning scenery. The room was spotless and had a lovely fruit bowl awaiting us. I do agree with previous reviewers that the bathroom was on the small side but this paled in comparison to all the positives. We then retired to the bar for something to eat and a glass of wine. My sister had fish and I had Chicken Tikka Masala. The chicken wasn't great but then as my sister commented you don't go to Connemara to experience a good Masala! Her fish was lovely and very well presented. Then to the star of the whole 3 days - Declan in the bar! What a wonderful asset he is! So warm and welcoming with a wicked sense of humour! Declan makes you feel like you are the only people staying in the hotel but on close inspection he does this with everybody! Even though he is the only barman and every table is full! A true gem! We had lunch on one afternoon which was lovely and as our cycling plans were postponed owing to inclement weather we played scrabble in the bar over a glass of wine. Very nice! On the morning of departure I decided to give breakfast a miss in order to pack. My sister went for breakfast and my absence was noticed by Debra in the restaurant. She asked as to my whereabouts and offered to put something together for my sister to bring to me which she did! (No room service) I thought this was a lovely touch and showed genuine customer care! Well done Debra!The location of this hotel speaks for itself, cycling to Leenane (complimentary), walking by Doolough, kite flying on Lettergesh beach! Beautiful! I have found that a hotel is not so much about the building or in this case the lovely location but moreover about the people in it. And hats off to Delphi - you have it just right! Whilst I realise this place is not for everybody (No Tvs etc) but definitely for us!

• Stayed: September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
12 mi away
7 mi away
Lough Inagh Lodge
Lough Inagh Lodge
#2 of 2 in Recess

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!