“Fantastic from beginning to end”
Review of La Bigoudenne Creperie - CLOSED

La Bigoudenne Creperie
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Dined here with friends on Friday night. Having grown up in the area I always passed it by and never gave it a second glance. When friends suggested it I said why not ! So glad I did, from the moment we arrived until we left we felt we were the only customers in there, having had the handwritten menu explained to us in great detail we quickly made our choice. I started with a goats cheese and rhubarb quiche followed by sirloin steak cooked to perfection with a beautiful peppercorn sauce. Dessert was divine with a layered selection of rhubarb, cream, crushed biscuit and strawberries. This was all washed down by a bottle of ' Touraine ' Sauvignon blanc. The menu was excellent value at €24.95 for 3 courses. I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I went to La Bigoudenne recently as part of a Birthday celebration and though we had the seating area upstairs to ourselves, it suited everybody. I could not fault any part of the evening. Rudolf is a great Chef and his lovely Wife is a great host. The quality of the food was superb right through and very reasonably priced. They even made a cake which was a nice touch and very tasty. If you are nearby, give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were a group of 4 adults and 3 toddlers who were looking for a quick lunch in Fermoy and stumbled upon this little gem. As it was Sunday there were no simple lunches available so we decided to make a full meal of it. The chef greeted us as we entered and immediately made us comfortable and was very friendly with the kids.
The food was very nice and between us all we had selection of lamb curry, chick chasseur and steak. All of us were very impressed and pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. Delicious.

All in all a very pleasant lunch in a nice surrounding, that I would certainly visit again and recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Being Danish living in Fermoy I can't say how much I love this gem of a restaurant. Had my daughters from Denmark over and some friends here from Fermoy for a dinner for my 50 Birthday in La Bigoudenne. And my god was it good. Service was in top, food was in top. And above all, they did not remove the plates before everybody was finished eating like they do in so many places in Ireland, simply a GREAT evening and absolutely not the last time we have been there. I can only recommend everybody passing through or living in Fermoy or nearby to try it out.
Kindest regards and thank you for making my birthday to something that we always will think of as a great experience.

Brian " De Dane" Fermoy

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a real french restaurant ran by french people. The food was absolutely fantastic I loved everything it really tasty and well cooked. I had mussels and rabbit and rhubarb for dessert. The restaurant is a small place with about 8/10 tables all of which were full when we were there. The wine list was also very good and not massively expensive.

The staff were very friendly and I would defiantly go back.

I defiantly think that this is the best place to eat in Fermoy.

At three courses for €38 it is not bargain basement but the food was defiantly worth it.