and 1 more site!
Ballyvolane House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fermoy
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Ok, it is difficult to find: more signage on the tiny unnamed roads would be helpful. But, the second you arrive all is forgotten - the property is magical, the house beautifully imposing and you are quickly whisked up into a world of beauty, comfort and luxury. This house has so much personality... and the hosts and the staff are just wonderful. The resident's lounge is gorgeous and the minute you sit down you are offered a drink... little snacks seem to be on offer all the time and there are masses of books and guides to look through. Dinner is a community event with all guests sitting together for a set meal: don't miss it! My only complaint: way too much food. None of us were able to touch the cheese board and it looked fabulous. If you are looking for a quiet location with lively company in true Irish grand country house, head for Ballyvolane House.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1772_on_the_road
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us. I would also like to thank you for the great review and I will share your kind comments with all the staff here. We are delighted you had a good time. Thank you for your feedback about the food portions and we have taken steps to address this already.

Thanks again and please come and stay with us again when you next visit Ireland.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I recently held our marriage reception at Ballyvolane House and without a shadow of a doubt Ballyvolane House, Jenny & Justin and their friendly staff made the weekend for us.
Weddings can be stressful at the best of times but thanks to the incredible family like team here we were treated to what has been repeatedly fed back as "best wedding ever!".

You are immediately welcomed in to a relaxed yet luxurious house surrounded by the most beautiful gardens and woods that you could ask for. Whether its for the photos or just hanging our, the grounds were ideal. The fantastic weather obviously helped, but it's clear that Justin's dad keeps the garden in the best of conditions.
All rooms are huge, with ornate yet comfortable funiture, all of which have the most amazing bathrooms. The glamping was brilliant, an exceptionally high standard with individual beds, lights, and local treats for all guests.

Unsurprisingly what I was most excited about was the food, having heard rave reviews, and we were not let down. Huge portions of fresh, locally produced dishes were complimented with generous drinks, all served up family style in the beautiful dining room on the first night. The barn comfortably held 120 of us as we dined on perfectly cooked roast beef cooked to order. Breakfast may have been my favourite though as each morning we were looked after by the lovely Bernie, making sure no-one went hungry as she stopped and chatted about the day with us all. The morning after the wedding, our glampers ate from a huge hot buffet in the barn which was so good i joined them for seconds in there too.

We really cannot say enough good things about Ballyvolane House, I am certain most if not all of our guests will be returning for their own holiday trips here, and i will continue to to reccommend Justin & Jenny's beautiful home to anyone who'll listen.

Thanks again guys!

Room Tip: Pick any one of the rooms in the house and you will not be disappointed, all were stunning. All of...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard F

Dear Richard & Julie,

Thank you very much for having chosen Ballyvolane House as the location for your wedding. I would also like to thank you for the wonderful review and we are chuffed-to-bits that you all had such a good time. We really enjoyed having you all here. It means alot to us that you, your families and guests enjoyed themselves so much. I will share your kind comments with all the gang here.

Thanks again and hope you had a fab honeymoon. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here in January with four friends. I really loved it. On arrival we had afternoon tea in the Drawing Room. Then we sat beside a huge roaring fire and had pre-dinner drinks. Dinner itself was served in the main Dining Room complete with large oval table. Again a lovely fire was lit in that room. Very Downton Abbey! Our meal was very good and we took our bottles of wine back to the Drawing Room to the fire which we kept regularly topped up with wood. As we were the last guests to go to bed we were told to turn the lights out ourselves ! Out rooms were very comfortable and old worldly. The staff are very nice and make you feel very much at home. I would really recommend a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Siobhan M

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. I am delighted you all had a great time and we really enjoyed having you here. Ballyvolane House is more 'house party' than hotel.

Thanks again and I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Recently paid a visit to the bazaar at Ballyvolane House and had a magical time. The tearoom was delightful and packed full of deliciously tasty treats to be enjoyed relaxing by the hot stove. The staff were more than welcoming and helpful which made a refreshing change after a recent bad experience in another establishment in Cork. I am still enjoying the yummy homemade treats I bought so thank you to all at Ballyvolane House and have a wonderful Christmas. We will definately be supporting further events in 2014.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebels2013

Thank you very much for supporting our Xmas Bazaar. I am delighted you enjoyed the food and service. We have a great team here and I will share you kind comments with them.

Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you back again to Ballyvolane House.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I booked the Ballyvolane House after looking at their website and other tripadvisor reviews. To me, it was everything I imagined the perfect Irish stay to be. I had pretty high expectations. So I booked it for our honeymoon.

The Ballyvolane house is off the beaten path and pretty hidden. It was beyond gorgeous, both inside and out. It was the perfect mix between a bed and breakfast and hotel atmosphere. It was personal, yet I felt like we had plenty of privacy.

The staff was really nice and offered wonderful hospitality, especially Rose.

The grounds are amazing to explore and walk around. There is a walled garden where they grow the vegetables they use for the meals. There are pigs, donkeys, and three great dogs that are very friendly.

The rooms are very beautiful and comfortable, and the beds are the best! The bath tub was huge and so relaxing!

I highly recommend the Ballyvolane House!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara V
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the great review. We are delighted you both had a such a good time and I will share your kind comments with all the gang here. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon and many congratulations again and best wishes for the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

What a joy to be able to spend a night at this house. A real privilege. We gave up on the idea of a braving walk before dinner and instead, settled down in front of the drawing room fire to read.
All very much the country house experience (without the expensive upkeep). Dinner and breakfast were delicious and without fault.
This is not a house for people who insist on rooms with keys or private tables for dining - it's a Country House after all. Sat eating breakfast and chatting to another couple for over an hour - very civilised!!
Loved all aspects of this retreat.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pi31415

Thank you very much for staying with us and for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased you enjoyed yourselves and I will share your kind comments with all the team here at Ballyvolane House.

Thanks again and please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently stayed here- glamping in the beautiful grounds, amid the huge old trees and shrubs. It was a a delightful place to stay- so peaceful to wake up to the sound of the dawn chorus all around us. Breakfast was taken in the dining room in the main house - a fabulous place full of history and the owners were very very keen to ensure guests make themselves at home - the lounge is super comfy with the sofas and log fire and loads of books!
Breakfast is a wonderful experience - every detail is thought of- even the milk is an old fashioned bottles! we ate at the house for one evening of our stay and the meal was outstanding- even to the extent that the chef adapted the menu for us as I am vegetarian- it was all delicious and the brown bread ice cream was outstanding!!
We had a great time glamping- it is a lovely location and at night the fairy lights look magical and very memorable, but if that is not to your taste- stay in the house- the rooms are huge and and very comfortable - we had a sneaky peek!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CommonPeople-uk

Thank you so much for Glamping with us and I am delighted you enjoyed the experience. Glad you liked the food too and especially the brown bread ice cream. It's an old house recipe.

Thanks again for your review and please come and see us again soon.

Justin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fermoy
Castlemartyr Resort
#1 of 2 in Castlemartyr
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Montenotte
Clarion Collection The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Ballyvolane House? Share your experiences!