All reviews hot water bottles drawing room honesty bar wedding reception glamping tents delicious food the barn new friends wedding venue open fire pre dinner drinks fishing trip lively conversation memorable stay high expectations little touches wonderful christmas
Reviewed 11 September 2014

We had our wedding at Ballyvolane and I can't say enough about how lovely and charming it is. I hope we will be able to return together at some point and remember our wonderful day. We chose the venue in part because of the menu and quality of the food, and we were in no way disappointed. So many of our guests have told us how much they enjoyed every meal there, and how welcome they felt. Everyone who stayed in the house was very comfortable and well-cared for. It was a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the place as a family and feel as though it was a little bit our own, if only for a couple of days.
The staff is extraordinary at what they do. Unobtrusive when appropriate but never far away when they are needed. They are experts at the business of hospitality.
I hope that our guests who were first-time visitors to Ireland will be so charmed that they can't help but go back.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Justybusty, Owner at Ballyvolane House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Thank you very much for having chosen Ballyvolane House as the location for your wedding. You placed a lot of trust in us with you being based for far away in the US! I am delighted you, your families and your guests had such a great time and that you especially loved the food. I will share your kind comments with all the team here at Ballyvolane House.

Many thanks again and please come and see us whenever your visit Ireland.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

My wife and I recently held a wedding reception at Ballyvolane house. It is now nearly four weeks after the event and all of our guests are still raving about the venue. The food was fantastic, it is amazing that the team there were able to serve a meal to 120 people and still deliver a quality rivals the best of restaurants. We stayed both in the glamping tents and in the house itself and each option has its charm. The service is impeccable and Justin and Jenny went out of there way to make us and our guests welcome. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone for wedding reception with a difference or a few nights of luxury in the country. Our sincerest thanks to Justin, Jenny, Euan, Adrianna , Bernie and the rest of the staff from Bridget and Gavan.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bridget & Gavan,

Thank you very much for having chosen Ballyvolane House as the location for your wedding. We are delighted you all had a great time and we really enjoyed having you all here. I will share your kind comments with all the gang here.

Thanks again and please keep in touch. Hope you had a fab honeymoon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Recently attended a wedding here and it is just gorgeous - lots of little details - the food was spectactular - and the little bar area is adorable! The grounds are immaculate and the house itself is so warm and welcoming! Even though we didn't stay in the house itself , we would definitely go back to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dublin7353

Thank you very much for the fantastic review. So glad you enjoyed the experience and I agree with you about the bar, it is my favourite room in the entire property.

Thanks again for your kind comments and please come and visit again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just arrived home from a 3-day weekend at Ballyvolane House. I was there for a good friend's wedding and it was nothing short of amazing. Justin and Jenny are exceptionally good hosts and from the start I felt welcome and at home.

The staff and immaculate house and grounds are a credit to them. Attention-to-detail was second-to-none -- hot water bottles and refreshments placed in glamping tents before bed, wine glasses refilled as quickly as they emptied, not to mention the polite, friendly and, above all, attentive, service.

The food was possibly the highest point of the stay, with fresh vegetables harvested from the house's walled garden, perfectly cooked local meat, tasty desserts, and generous servings all 'round.

I stayed in the vintage caravan in the glamping area and it greatly complemented the experience: cosy, charming, and full of little comforts.

Overall, I couldn't recommend Ballyvolane House enough. It was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weekends in recent memory and I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong at Ballyvolane House -- all rooms are excellently appointed and the glamping experience is second-to-none. If you can manage to secure the vintage caravan though, do yourself a favour and go for it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank donedadonedone

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am delighted you had a great time at the wedding. Glad you enjoyed the glamping too. I will share your kind comments with all the team here.

Thanks again and please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently attended a wedding at Ballyvolane House and what a great experience. Having worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, I can really appreciate the exceptional hospitality and attention to detail that Justin and his team delivered over the two days I was there.

Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DonnTimmons

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It was a great wedding and we are delighted you had a great time. We enjoyed having you all here. Thanks again and please visit again soon.