“The best bedroom I ever had - in 16 years of experience with hotels and B&Bs”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Neston
The Old School House B&B Neston
Ranked #1 of 2 Neston B&B and Inns
Wuppertal, Germany
“The best bedroom I ever had - in 16 years of experience with hotels and B&Bs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was on a business trip all over UK (and will be during the next 2 weeks) - and in 16 years of travelling and staying overnight for vacation or for business purposes this has been simply the best room I have ever been in.

I stayed in the double bedroom facing the garden. I don't want to repeat things said before (the selfmade cakes - delicious!, the beautiful garden, the comfortable bed, the overall interior decoration, the friendly hosts Alison and David). I really felt like a prince (at minimum).

As I was travelling by car and unfortunately had only 2 nights, David was helping me with a useful street map which was a very nice idea. Though I had a SatNav with me, the detailed map could guide me much better and gave me a good overview of what I wanted to see in the short time I had. So I went to West Kirby, Birkenhead and Chester, all close by. A walk to Parkgate (a recommendation by the hosts) and a dinner there presented me the beautiful sunset on my way back which I attached to this review.

I was so delighted to have seen that beautiful place and received such a heartly welcome, that I will definitely return - for a vacation. And if I will be doing business in the area - no doubt where I will be going to...

Thorsten from Germany

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you Thorsten, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you might be able to visit us again in the not so distant future.Your review was fantastic and we really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write about your experience here at The Old School House B&B Ness in such a lovely way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Old School House in Neston. The accommodation was lovely, and to have our own walled garden, complete with friendly fish, was superb! Alison was a fantastic host, more than happy to recommend restaurants, and book us tables, and nothing was too much trouble. Home made cake awaited us in our room, and breakfast was delicious. We shall certainly stay here again, and would recommend here to anyone for a truly relaxing break.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Oona,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
The photo you have posted on Trip Advisor is stunning.
We thoroughly enjoyed having you to stay and hope that you will be able to return sometime in the future.
Best Regards
David and Alison
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I travelled up to the Wirral from Surrey for a wedding so it was just a one night stay - this time! We were so impressed with the experience of staying with Alison and David that we plan to come back in the future for a longer stay. The house, garden and bedroom were all top class and the breakfast was extensive and beautifully cooked and presented.

We have our own Bed and Breakfast in Guildford, Surrey (Little Gables Bed and Breakfast) and are quite demanding in what we expect when we have an 'away fixture' but could find nothing about our stay at the Old School House that was a disappointment.

Location is also very good and very close to Ness Gardens and the many other 'sights' in the Wirral.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing response to your stay with us, we really do appreciate it.
As you are aware, as an owner of a similiar establishment, prospective visitors often rely on previous guests experiences of the B&B they are considering staying at, to confirm they are making a good choice, and your kind words will we're certain, help them to make a more informed decision.
Thank you.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

It has taken three weeks searching on Tripadvisor's site to find this B&B to write a review. The "Hidden Gem" would be more a title befitting this gem of a place. We were meeting up for our yearly get-to-gether of our expanding family and decided for us oldie grandparents to go B&B and leave the younger generations to fill the house!!!! What a sensible idea!! We were served the most wonderful breakfast ever tasted, with local produce, rolls, bread, preserves made by our hostess. The table was a delight of culinary exquisite!! Bed was sooooo comfortable. Our room looked out onto a beautiful water fountain surrounded by a walled garden. I said three weeks to find this site to write a review. It was well worth my effort to make my appraisal.

Stayed January 2013
2 Thank jenkelly69
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

What a great hospitality! An excellent bed and breakfast. Very clean and still home like athmosphere. Location is very good if you are visiting the University of Liverpool, Leahurst campus. Lot to see in the area as Neston is very beautiful and also located quite close to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester. I have stayed in this lovely B&B already three times during my visits to Leahurst campus (with and without my family).

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RiittaSe
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Thank you for your review. We very much appreciate the time you have spent putting the review on our Tripadvisor site. We are sure that your review will be helpful to other travellers who may wish to visit the area and would like to be certain that their choice of B&B is a good one based on another travellers experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Alison was an amazing host. From the moment I arrived, to driving away the next day. I felt completely at ease and spoilt :0). The homemade cake awaiting me in my room was a lovely surprise with my afternoon tea. Everywhere was immaculate and clean. The service second to none.
Would go back again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank t_bane1
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Really comfortable B and B. David and Alison very welcoming hosts. Great birdwatching at various locations within 15 minutes as recommended by the RSPB. Good Pub in the village for evening meals.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank mark b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neston
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Village Hotel Wirral
Village Hotel Wirral
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,426 reviews

Been to The Old School House B&B Neston? Share your experiences!