“Absolutely flawless!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Neston
The Old School House B&B Neston
Ranked #1 of 2 Neston B&B and Inns
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Absolutely flawless!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of the very best places we've ever stayed (and we've stayed in some great ones!). Alison and David were welcoming right from the first email response to our inquiry. We could not have asked for a warmer reception, or a lovelier room. The house itself is stunningly appointed, and spotless. The gardens are gorgeous. Not sure how they do all the work to keep it all up! We had the garden room, and it was a real delight to be able to sit out among the flowers and read or just breathe in the beauty. Both Alison and David were full of great tips on sightseeing, dining, travel, etc. We would not have found many of the places they directed us to without their insight. And then there were the breakfasts ... so much to choose from, and all of it delicious, and piping hot. It was hard to leave! The entire area is charming, and The Old School House just fits in perfectly.
The location was very convenient to touring the peninsula as well as getting to Liverpool, Chester, or even Manchester (about an hour to the airport) but still in a small village. Best of both worlds.
Don't hesitate to book here!

Room Tip: Garden room, hands down!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank regattagirl
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Your wonderful comments are so very much appreciated.
The garden is stunning in the summer months and it's lovely that you as our guests have had the opportunity to enjoy it as much as you obviously did, we're very pleased you felt so relaxed and so well looked after. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to your return visit so you can go to all the places you didn't have time to see this time round.
Best Regards David and Alison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Cannot recommend The Old School House highly enough. Alison and David are wonderful hosts and their home is very welcoming. We had the double garden view room which is very comfortable and has a great view outside. Alison cooked a great breakfast for us which set us up for the day. Would be more than happy to stay here again if we ever get back to The Wirral.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We are absolutely delighted you had such a good stay at The Old School House B&B here on The Wirral.
Thank you so much for taking the time to send this review to Trip Advisor, we really do appreciate your thoughtfulness and look forward to meeting you again if you find yourselves visiting the area on another occasion.
Best Wishes
David and Alison
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Appreciating the warm welcome, beautiful accommadation, friendly and helpful proprietors, a banquet of a breakfast, comfortable bed and more - many thanks again to you both for an enjoyable and relaxing weekend...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights for my birthday. The house is beautiful, furnished to a very high standard with every attention to detail. Alison and David were most welcoming and had provided us with lots of information around travel and restaurants before we arrived. We had the double room leading out to the garden. Breakfast at a time to suit you, great choice of food, all perfectly cooked and presented at the beautifully set table. The added bonus of home made cake when we returned from our days out was most welcome. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you, we are so pleased you had such a lovely stay, especially as it was for something as special as your birthday.
We do like to treat our guests with home made cakes after a day of sight seeing or visiting, it just finishes the day nicely and keeps everyone going till their evening meal at one of the many amazing restaurants we have in the area.
We look forward to meeting you both again if you are in the area and thank you once again, we really appreciate your review on our Trip Advisor page as we're sure this will help other travellers.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed here many times as I used to live nearby. It's a great base for visiting friends & I now consider the hosts Alison & David my friends too. It's one of the few places where you get a proper single room. I'm a seasoned solo traveller with very high standards. Wonderfully comfortable & safe, the house & gardens are delightful. Alison is a great cook so breakfast is excellent! Everyone is made to feel very welcome. I note the mention of no lock on the bedroom door from another solo traveller. DO NOT let you put this you off. The house is so secure; This a small high end boutique B&B with 2 rooms on the edge of the countryside. Strong old fashioned values & morals exist here, the hosts wouldn't have it any other way. That's what makes it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you so much for your complimentary review. We cannot tell you how much we appreciate the thought behind your very kind words and we know this will be a great encouragement to anyone reading it.
Newton-Le-Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the double ensuite room with access straight into the lovely garden. Perfect location for our friends wedding at Ness Gardens.

Felt totally safe and comfortable at all times, true hospitality from Alison and David, a home from home experience which is a rarity to find. 5 star home, hosts and breakfast.

If you want a hotel go and book one instead but it will cost you more and you will miss out on this fantastic gem of a guesthouse.

Cannot recommend this place enough.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
You had a really amazing day for your friends wedding, the sun shone all day ! and we are so glad that you had an amazing stay here, to make it ,all in all, a wonderful week-end, thank you.
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When I booked this B&B, I was very pleased, because the reviews were so good. I was travelling alone, so booked a single room for two nights. I made my reservation by telephone and gave my email address to Alison, the proprietor, so that she could send full details via email, which she did. I arrived and put my belongings in my room and Alison gave me my key. When I was ready to go out for the day, I realised that the key was for the front door and that the single room that I was in had no lock. Furthermore the room had no bolt on the inside, so not only could I not secure my belongings when I was out, I could not secure the door when I was in the room. I could not find Alison before I went out, so, taking my valuables with me, I left and decided that I would call her later. I telephoned her a couple of hours later and I said to her that I was a little concerned because the room had no lock. She told be that they had not been able to get a lock for that door, but that no one had ever complained about it before. I was confused as to why they 'had not been able to get a lock for that door', as it is just a normal interior door. In fact it is exactly the same type of door that is fitted to the bathroom, which does have a lock. She then went on to tell me that they 'carefully vetted' all of their guests. Well, they had not 'carefully vetted' me, unless you can count speaking to me on the telephone and sending me an email as careful vetting? When I returned that night I found my room door open, so I was relieved that I had taken my valuables with me. I assume that my door was open because someone had been in and turned on the light beside my bed. The owners may have thought that this was a thoughtful touch, but I just found it slightly intrusive and a bit creepy. I am quite capable of turning a light on by myself and would have preferred my door not to have been left open. I slept badly that night with a chair wedged up against the door. I spoke the proprietors, Alison and David, the following morning at breakfast and told them that I had found it very difficult to sleep, because there was no way of securing the door. They just did not seem to understand and repeated to me that no one had ever minded this in the past. I explained to them that I had previously had a couple of frightening experiences whilst staying in hotels. They told me that they only have nice safe people staying there (not their exact words, but that was the gist). Personally, I do not think that it is unreasonable to have a room that you are able to lock. For me this totally ruined my ability to be able to relax and to sleep properly. I did not feel safe there. The proprietors reasoning that they 'vet' people or that they 'could not get a lock for that door' are, quite frankly ludicrous. There is more to making your guests feel comfortable than ensuring that the place is clean. I, for one, need to feel that I am SAFE and SECURE!

Room Tip: Always check that the room you are going to book has a lock!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JackieW280
TheOldSchoolHouse10, Owner at The Old School House B&B Neston, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
We are only a small B&B with only two guest rooms and we have never felt security to be an issue with guests in our home.
We frequently have children staying in this single room and have deliberately not fitted a lock in case of accidental misuse by a youngster.
We are only too happy to conduct a survey with our guests to ascertain their feelings on the subject and thank you for your comments concerning this matter.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neston
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Heswall
The Ship
The Ship
#1 of 1 in Parkgate

Been to The Old School House B&B Neston? Share your experiences!