“Flawless!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Craven Heifer Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Addingham B&B and Inns
“Flawless!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We visited on 30th january 2014.

The staff were amazing, very welcoming and helpful.

On arrival we were shown to our room, the 'Amy Johnson' room. It was lovely, with a huge tub at the end of the bed. The bed was so soft and comfy and everything was spotless.

We ate out in Ilkley as we wanted to explore the area, however the menu at the Craven Heifer looked beautiful and we will defiantly be dining here on our next visit.

We had a wonderful nights sleep, very relaxing!!!

The breakfast was lovely, an offer of cereals and pastries, fresh juices etc... And also a choice of cooked breakfast, which was superb. All the meat was top quality and cooked to perfection.

I can not fault one thing about the Craven Heifer and will defiantly be returning next time we need a relaxing break.

Thanks to the staff for making us feel so welcome.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We went on a travelzoo offer for the tasting menu as did most of the dozen or so other diners in the restaurant. The food was excellent and the service attentive, but there was far too long a delay between courses, an observation I heard some of our fellow diners also expressing. We don't like to rush good food, but three hours from start to finish is, in my opinion, nearly an hour too long.
On giving my observations to one of the waiters intending constructive critisim, he made no apology but said they were very busy that evening. We observed no more than fifteen diners between 7 and 10pm.
We will definitely go again because of the quality of the food. If they could speed up service it would easily be in our top three in the area!
We live locally so can't comment on the rooms

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a two night stay at The Craven Heifer. We got an offer off Living Social and paid a little extra to upgrade our room to one with a bath at the bottom of the bed (De Havilland).The B&B itself and the area surrounding it was gorgeous. The rooms are very quaint, the road noise was a little on the loud side but not too bad. The food was gorgeous and most of the staff were lovely, in particular one lad who looked like Arg out of TOWIE. He was very polite. Obviously from the title you may have gathered there was a down side and Id like to say it was something minor, but it wasnt. On the afternoon we arrived I decided to make the most of the lovely rooms and have a bath (which I will reiterate I paid extra for). The bath was gorgeous but afterwards i thought I could smell a funny smell. I walked into the bathroom and noticed the bottom of the shower covered in human excrement (poo). Not just a little bit, absolutely covered, and I have pictures to prove this! I hurried downstairs to tell the staff and a Scottishwoman (who I think was the manager), came upto our room to see what the problem was. She explained that a plumber had already been out to fix this problem and as far as she was aware it was fixed. Well I certainly hadnt pooed in the shower so obviously it wasnt. I wouldnt say she was rude but she just gave off this 'Im not bothered attitude'. Apparently this happened whenever the bath was used due to something to do with a drain pipe being the wrong way round. She then went on to say that the B&B was full for the night so we'd have to stay in that room and she'd get a plumber out to fix it the following day. I understand not much can be done on a Sunday afternoon so I couldnt moan too much. Actually I didnt moan at all which probably shot me in the foot. HOWEVER the following day the guests out of the other 7 rooms all checked out (I know this as I saw the form at reception) and not all of them were filled again that day. There was no sign of any plumber to fix our bath and from there on out no one mentioned it again. We were just left in this room that we'd paid extra for with the bath that we couldnt use and had a bit of a lingering smell of poo in the bathroom. The same Scottish woman who we'd spoken to wasnt in for the following 2 days we were there, so it seemed our issue had just been forgotten about.
It was a shame really because as I say the place itself, the other rooms and most of the staff were fab just wish we had picked a different room.

2 Thank Xrachipoox
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed for only one night but can't fault the place... Staff were polite, friendly and efficient.. Food excellent and room spotless and comfy....

All rooms have different a theme, some are smaller but this doesn't spoil the overall ambiance of the place....
NG.

Room Tip: Bit of traffic noise in rooms facing the main road.....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
2 Thank NPG1957
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Friday evening- on arrival we got a very warm welcome and were immediately shown to our room! Wow ! What a fantastic first impression. Our room was called Perry Green it had a lovely roll top bath at the end of the bed( also shower in the bathroom)
We were told if we wanted to we could look in any of the rooms that still had keys in- what a treat! All different themes-brilliant!
Downstairs in the bar there was a roaring fire- food was either bar food or a la carte! Not a massive selection but something for everyone! I opted for a starter of ham egg and chips which is very cleverly done and was delicious - my main course of steak was delicious too-the bar/ restaurant staff were friendly and attentive.
The bed was extremely comfortable and in the morning breakfast was delicious! The only down side I suppose is the hotel is on the roadside so you might get a bit of traffic noise- there isn't much of a view either but with rooms like this I doubt you would be spending time looking out of the window!! Fantastic!!!!

Huddersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I can't fault this place, everything about it is perfect. Polite and efficient service, great food and an excellent ambience. The bedrooms are stunning too, and some even have the bath in the bedroom. Addingham itself is a very pretty village and it's only a few minutes drive from Ilkley. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim W
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was a much antisapted trip away for my partner and I made so much better by the staff's fantastic attitude and ease at which they dealt with our queries. Our room was lovely, The Caberet Room, or the Judi Dench room was so cute, immaculate in terms of cleaniness. We were lucky enough to take part in their first ever 'pub quiz', well organised and inclusive. We had the continetal breakfast which was very nice!!!

The Inn has a spacious car park at the back, and Addingham has a few pubs to keep but no resturants.

Room Tip: This hotel only has seven rooms, each one with a different theme, i loved our Judi dench room but th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addingham
The Craiglands Hotel
Rendezvous Hotel
Rendezvous Hotel
#3 of 4 in Skipton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,082 reviews

Been to Craven Heifer Inn? Share your experiences!