Upon check in, we were given a beach villa near the sports center - not what we had requested in our reservation. No problem Sweety found us a villa near the dive center (#108) as we had requested and from then on we had a great vacation. The place is mostly hassle free: come and go as you please to the reef restaurant and activities are easy to book. Staff is friendly and enjoy having a chat about their island and giving good advice on what to do. Walk out our villa north beach and snorkel to awesome reef only 50 yards out - too many tropical fish to count. There was one hassle - making a reservation at Azurre Mares the Italian restaurant they only accept reservations starting at 12 on day of dining and they are fully booked by 12:15 - but not a big issue because the Reef does not require reservations and the food is excellent. All room features work well including AC, wifi, hot water , great outdoor shower and they make up the room twice a day. The place never seems crowded even when fully booked - we typically had all of north beach to ourselves. Overall I give Centara an excellent rating and I'm a tough critic. We would definately book this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives