We stayed at Centara from september 23 till september 28... It was marvellous!!
We arrived to Malé at night, so we decided to spend the night on a nearby hotel. The staff at Centara booked us the 6 am flight next day, so we arrived at the resort at 7 am...we were greeted by Sweety, who explained the ultimate all-inclusive package with great detail and answered all our questions about it, leaving no room for doubt!! After that, she gave us the key and personally escorted us to our Deluxe Water Villa (other guests had to wait until 2 pm, which is the "official" check-in time, but I don't know the reason why).
The room was nice and clean (the jacuzzi had a few rust marks, and one of the buttons didn't work, but it didn't affect the whole experience).
We were given a big red bag as a gift and also sparkling wine and a little fruit basket.
The house reef at Centara is truly amazing... The water is so clear, that we could see the fishes swimming from our villa and while walking through the beach.
Snorkelling was a fantastic experience... we saw a lot of colorful fishes, both big and small (including a variety of parrot fishes with beautiful colors!) all just by going down the stairs of our villa.
The food was very tasty, we tried all the venues and we specially loved the Thai food at Lotus restaurant (and the portions were really big!), the foood at Reef was fantastic too! We never got bored with the menu at Reef because they offer a lot of options (I was surprised to find bacon and pork in the menu, knowing that Maldives is an Islamic country!)
The trio that sings at Reef is nice and when the knew that I'm Mexican they quickly pulled out some mexican songs in perfect spanish!! Both waitress and hostess in all the restaurants are always kind and they always greet you with a smile. Azurri Mare is a nice restaurant too, although is difficult to get a reservation, so if you really want to eat there, make a reservation as as soon as posible.
We tried almost all the excursions, is really easy to book them at the front desk. We were lucky enough to spot a Whale Shark... It was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life!!
I want to thank all the guys at the Water Sports Centre, because they helped me and my husband a lot (and we enjoyed chatting with them as well) unfortunately I can't remember their names... but they were fantastic and really helpful!
The local island tour to is interesting and is a nice opportunity to buy souvenirs at good prices.
The Sunset cruise and the Snorkelling trips are very enjoyable and fun as well (and a good opportunity to see the beauty that Maldives has to offer)
The spa is heavenly! My husband and I enjoyed it a lot! The girls that work at the spa are nice and kind (they speak softly and that always gave me a calming sensation)... this definitely made our stay even more pleasant!! You gotta try the coffee scrub... it's very relaxing and it leaves your skin soft and fresh.
The Aqua bar and Coral bar have a nice atmosphere and with nice views to the Ocean. You cannot miss the fish feeding at Coral bar... it's fabulous to see stingrays and little blacktip reef sharks!, the crab race is also entertaining.
We went to the Sundowners cocktail and met the manager... he's (like all the staff in Centara) kind and polite.
Although overall experience was fantastic, I do believe that some things can improve:
For example, they should check the inside lock of the Water Villas... it is sharp and my husband cut his finger twice while trying to open the door.
And I believe it could be good to offer some beverages and snacks to the people waiting for the seaplane at check-out. We didn't wait too long and we had beverages and snacks of our own, but some others we're not that lucky... offering some cold beverage could make the wait way more comfortable.
Despite that, we definitely felt appreciated as costumers at Centara. All the staff (And I mean every single one, from room attendants to the personnel at the front desk) were always smilling, thoughtful and ready to help.
I would like to thank Swetty, Sathish (from the front desk), all the guys at the Water Sports Centre, Avon from Reef and Rana (sous-chef from Reef) and to everyone at Centara that made our stay simply unforgettable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Destinology, Fastbooking, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives