My husband and I went here as part of our honeymoon in October 2012. Was the most amazing place I've been to, would go back in a heartbeat. We had a Luxury Sunset Water Villa and also did the Island Club and I would definitely say that it is worth the money. Would definitely do that again if we went back. Having everything all inclusive was awesome and it meant we didnt have to worry about anything the whole time we were there - apart from the extras like going to other islands, whale shark snorkelling etc. We were in villa # 61 which is the western most villa on the island, so we had almost 270 degree views of sunsets. Get this villa if you can!
We also did the whale shark snorkelling, which you won't regret if you go. We were lucky enough to see two whale sharks, and I have to say, it was one of the highlights of the trip.
The staff at Centara Grant Island Resort & Spa are amazing. To be honest I can't speak highly enough about this place and the people. It truly is heaven on earth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Prestigia, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives