This was our second visit to the island with our children aged 12 & 14. We were met at the airport by Centara staff who took our bags and guided us through check in. We waited about 30 minutes for our seaplane transfer and in another 30 minutes found ourselves in paradise. Staff greeted us with cool towels and cocktails and talked us through the benefits of our ultimate inclusive package which included a sunset dolphin cruise, whale sharking trip, sea fishing trip, banana boat ride and a 30 minute spa treatment every day for each member of the family, as well as breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas, tapas and evening meal in 1 of the 3 restaurants, oh and obviously all drinks! We stayed in a 2 bedroom pool villa. It was spacious, well decorated and clean (our room boy was polite and fastidious) and had a beautiful white sandy beach which we shared with only 7 other villas. The service we received from ALL members of staff was courteous, prompt and always given with a smile, nothing was too much trouble. Our kids played organised football or volleyball on the beach each afternoon, we played tennis most evenings on the floodlit court, we went out in the kayaks and pedallos, I popped my head in the gym to get a glass of water and a nice red apple and the equipment looked well maintained! My husband attended an intro to scuba diving course and then dived with the instructor for about 40 mins (this was chargeable at around $110). Dolphins swam by our reef 3 days running and the snorkelling was amazing. You can do nothing at all, or take advantage of all that Centara has to offer, and either way you will have a dream vacation. That is why we went back and we cannot recommend Centara highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Destinology, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives