From start to beginning, every part of our (my wife and I) experience was simply bliss. Our wonderful experience started from receiving cold towels and iced tea when we arrived in the heat. We were quickly shown to our room where we had fresh orange juice waiting for us along with a wonderfully decorated bed. The restaurants are simply wonderful as they cater to any dining type you can crave. The buffet at the main restaurant was always a delight to wander into and the italian and thai restaurants were very amazing. The courteousness of the staff is most definitely one of the most attractive features of the resort. Always smiling and greeting and never shy to enter into conversations with any of the guests, they were so friendly and knowledgeable. The diving, snorkelling and sunset excursions were well timed and available whenever we needed it. We also had a romantic beach dinner under the starlight which was so well prepared that we did not feel like leaving. It has been two weeks since we arrived back to our residence and not a day goes by where we dont reminisce about Maldives and Centara. An amazing resort and an amazing experience. Would most definitely recommend it to anyone who might be thinking about a trip to Maldives! Great job Centara on making my honeymoon so perfect!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a stunning house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, and distinctive with its timbered walkways and colonial-style buildings, the five-star Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise. With the Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay is absolutely carefree meaning that all meals, spa treatments, activities and water sports, daily excursions, and even diving are all included. Weatherboard villas, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your honeymoon or fun-filled family holiday. Villas and beach suites are generously-sized (86-159 square metres); the over-water villas enjoy their own sundeck with steps down to the multihued coral reefs. Special villas for families have bunk beds in a children’s area, and you can also enjoy the option of an overwater villa with plunge pool. When it comes to dining, all your meals – and more – are included. Sumptuous champagne breakfasts are available at Reef Restaurant, lunches and dinners are to be enjoyed at the Azurri Mare Italian Restaurant, the Suan Bua Thai restaurant or Reef Restaurant. There are two bars on the island. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has the ideal family itinerary: activities at the age-specific kids’ clubs, water activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, and pool games by thea children’s pool. Anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, yoga sessions, or simply laze beachside. Beside water sports and one of the best PADI dive centres in the Maldives, the resort’s house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, and surgeonfish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Island Hotel Centara Grand Island
- Centara Grand Island Resort And Spa
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives